Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

All you need is to believe....~Our Sizzling Summer Getaway! July 2012~~ TR started!:)

♪ Do you remember your imagination?
That Neverland was a destination
Your magical adventure isn't over yet
Just hold on tight and don't forget

Every wish, every dream you ever had
Just close your eyes
And it will all come rushing back
Fly away
All you need is to believe and remember when....♫

Hi! Welcome to my latest PTR!! I actually wasn’t even planning to write one for this trip but I couldn’t resist sharing my excitement with everyone who just gets "it". My name is Angie and I am totally and absolutely in love with all things Disney but especially Walt Disney World. We took our very first trip back in 2008 and fell in love with everything about it, the sights, the sounds, the smells and that feeling of just being able to relax and enjoy yourself without all the stress of everyday life. It is such a magical place and we can't wait to go back! Our last trip was in April of 2010...oh so long ago. But, due to finances and also the fact that our youngest son was asking to go someplace different. We knew a break would be in order. As I write this though I am happy to say that he is more excited than ever about this trip and has realized that nothing compares to Disney.

So, lets get on with this shall we?

Who:First up is me...I'm a 38 year old stay at home mom/part-time college student who will be graduating in May! I love to take pictures (which is why you will see me in very little), love to scrapbook (when I have time), and travel. I'm huge list maker and love planning our trips to Disney! Next up is my DH, who is probably the most patient person you can ask for, especially when it comes to my Disney addiction. But, luckily he shares some of that passion. What he doesn't like is all the planning that goes into it. I can only talk about it so many times until his eyes become glazed over. As long as I tell him what we are doing the morning of, he's fine with that.

Last but certainly not least is our two funny, smart and wonderful boys, Nick (almost 12) and Noah (9). It still amazes me how brothers can be so different. Nick is quiet, loves his video games, participates in band, choir and also plays basketball.

Noah is more outgoing, has a wonderful imagination and we are always joking with him that one day he is going to grow up to be an imagineer. He's not really into sports and would much prefer to sit down with good book. (like his mom).

Both boys are excellent students and we couldn't be more proud.

A picture from our last trip in Animal Kingdom--

And...one being silly at the bus stop at POP!

Aww...you gotta love those early mornings!!!
A more recent one of the boys....as you can tell, Nick had a major growth spurt this year! He's already taller than me and almost as tall as his Dad!!

Noah with his extra big smile! He didn't want his picture taken so as you can tell he was humoring me...silly boy!
Here are a couple pictures of all of us from our last trip.

What: Walt Disney World...of course!!

When: July 9, 2012 to July 16, 2012

Where: Pop Century Resort (the first resort we had ever stayed in so it will always have a special place in our heart. So much so that we can't bring ourselves to stay anywhere else.)

Why: Because we love it so much!!!! Oh and a few things to celebrate as well such as a couple graduations and an anniversary.

Oh..I almost forgot. The title? Well..as you might already know it comes from the song "Remember When" sung by LeAnn Rimes for Disneyland's 50th anniversary.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lvblx_wA8 I love this song. It was one of the many things that helped carry me through until this trip. Well...that and watching numerous Disney movies, of course reading others trip reports and planning and re-planning a trip that I wasn't even sure would happen. Yes! I am one of those types of people. I am constantly changing the details on our trip. Maybe we should go here first and there last or vise versa. Oh well...what can I say, it's just another thing that feeds my Disney addiction.

I guess that's it for now. I hope you decide to follow along as I plan our Sizzling Summer Adventure to the World.

Handy Chapter Links:
Trip Details
What's New?
Celebrations and Disney Dining!
Itinerary and Disney Movie Nights
Disney Movie Nights Continued...
Our Day 1 Plans--Arrival Day
Double Digit Dancing and Park Bags
Our Day 2 Plans-Sea World(no longer going)
Our Day 3 Plans-Magic Kingdom
Lion King Movie Night, Countdowns and Shopping!
Our Day 4 Plans-Epcot
What's New...Part 2!
Saving for Disney!
Our Day 5 Plans-Hollywood Studios
Our Day 6 Plans-Magic Kingdom again...
A little of this...a little of that.
Our Day 7 Plans-Animal Kingdom-Last day
A few changes.....
Life Update
Cars Disney Movie Night (May)
Mickey Mail and Our First Trip (2008)
Favorites
Recap/ Must-do's
Oops...how could I forget Dumbo?
Proud Mom Moment and Hercules Night
Our 2009 and 2010 trips
10 Days!!!
7 Days and 7 Things I'm Most Looking Forward to.....
3 Days and 3 Things to Share....

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

I'm in!

I love the scrapbook page picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post

Oh..I almost forgot. The title? Well, as you might already know it comes from the song "Remember When" sung by the LeAnn Rimes for Disneyland's 50th anniversary. I love this song. It was one of the many things that helped carry me through until this trip. Well...that and watching numerous Disney movies, of course reading others trip reports and planning and re-planning a trip that I wasn't even sure would happen.
[/CENTER]
I do that with WISHES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yes! I am one of those types of people. I am constantly changing the details on our trip. Maybe we should go here first and there last or vise versa. Oh well...what can I say, it's just another thing that feeds my Disney addiction.
My name is Kim and I'm a disneyholic.

Last edited by JKMJ441724; 03-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.
JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
I'm in!

Yay! Welcome!! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
My name is Kim and I'm a disneyholic.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Now why didn't you tell me that you had started this? I just happened to notice the link in your signature. Bad bad girl!

I know that you are about to bust at the seams to get to Disney after being away for two long years.

I can't wait to see the newest pictures of the boys. You said that Nick is taller than you now? Hunter had a grown spurt like that and I am now looking up to him too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
JKMJ441724

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Now why didn't you tell me that you had started this? Bad bad girl!
I'm going to have to find some time (flux capacitor?) and go read her other stuff to get some of my my disney-fix.

Quote:
I know that you are about to bust at the seams to get to Disney after being away for two long years.
Preaching to the choir! We were there in October 2011 and going October 2012 and I'm practically counting the days.

I say practically because I refuse to let myself ACTUALLY count the days right now. Although I probably should start actually counting because those people I work with are sucking the life right out of me. Gotta get back to my Disney family.

Bring it on - can't wait to read some more.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
JKMJ441724

Quote:
I say practically because I refuse to let myself ACTUALLY count the days right now. Although I probably should start actually counting......
Well lookie there. the countdown is right there in my siggie. I forgot I did that.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now why didn't you tell me that you had started this? I just happened to notice the link in your signature. Bad bad girl!

I can't wait to see the newest pictures of the boys. You said that Nick is taller than you now? Hunter had a grown spurt like that and I am now looking up to him too.
Hi Lisa! I'm so happy you found me! Aww...don't worry I just started. Although I must say, I'm a little out of practice. It feels like it's been so long since I've written one of these.

We are so excited to be heading back...finally! It's felt like forever!

It's so funny to be looking up at Nick now. I can't believe how fast both boys are growing. Time sure does go by quickly. I'll post some new pictures of the boys soon. I need to find some organization to my pictures because I have so much to share!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bring it on - can't wait to read some more.
I'm working on the next update right now. It should be up very soon!

Quote:
Well lookie there. the countdown is right there in my siggie. I forgot I did that.
Yup! There it is! I guess you have no choice but to countdown now!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

It's all in the details...

Well, now that you know the who, what, when, where and why, it’s probably time to expand on the details of the trip and why we chose to go in July. I must admit it wasn’t my first choice especially since everything you read says to avoid the summer due to the crowds, heat, rain, and tour groups. However, we have dealt with the crowds on our previous spring break/ Easter trips in April and encountered the heat and the rain during our summer trip but I guess it was the combination of them both that had me nervous. Despite this, after weighing the pros and cons, July seemed like the best option so we wouldn’t have to take the boys out of school for a long period of time plus DH vacation days are limited. So, ultimately our plan for July is to get to the parks early for EMH and then come back to the hotel during the hottest and most crowded part of the day for a rest, swim, shopping or whatever and then head back to the parks in the evening to ride more rides and to watch the parades and fireworks. Plus there seems to be so many new things to look forward to this summer. We can’t wait to see them all! So, anyway let's get on with the plans so far...

Details: Walt Disney World 6 day MYW package with QSDP (we will be paying out of pocket for a couple TS meals) + 1 day at Sea World.

The Plans:
July 9, 2012—We will be leaving home and taking the drive over to Burlington, VT to get to the airport. We will probably take a ride on the ferry to take some time off the trip.

We’ll check in to a hotel for the night. (which reminds me…I really need to book that soon.) Our flight doesn’t leave until the next morning so we will try to get to bed early so we can get a good night’s rest. (but as we know this rarely happens…because we are too excited to sleep!!!)
July 10, 2012— Arrival Day
We will arrive at the airport go through security and then it’s off to Orlando.
Before long we will be seeing this

And this

And finally we will be home

We decided our first park would be Epcot. Definitely a family favorite! I think we will probably just explore the WS as it will be late afternoon by the time that we arrive.

July 11, 2012—Sea World
I’m so excited about visiting here. I love marine animals especially beluga whales there is just something about them. We have so many plans for this day and I can’t wait to share.

We will also be visiting Downtown Disney in the evening.

July 12, 2012—Magic Kingdom--morning/evening

July 13, 2012---Epcot

July 14, 2012—Hollywood Studios

July 15, 2012—Magic Kingdom

July 16, 2012—Animal Kingdom (Our last day)

These are the plans so far. We are hoping to do Morning EMH on our first MK day, Epcot and our Hollywood Studios day. We love getting in the park first thing in the morning. You really can get so much done in those first few hours.

I've been making a list of all the new things opening or have opened since our last trip in 2010 that we can't wait to try. I will share them with you on my next update.

Up Next--New things to look forward to this summer!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you've got your plans all ironed out and are ready to go! I haven't been to Sea World in years and years so I look forward to seeing and hearing all about it when you get back.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie! I'm so glad you sent me an invitation to this PTR! How exciting that you have a trip in the works!

It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW with the boys and it's been so hard not knowing when we would be able to go back. We've had major house repairs, and financial responsibilities that have kept us away....sometimes being an adult really stinks!! We are keeping our fingers crossed that we get to go next spring, 2013.

I also LOVE EMH and agree that you can get a lot done in that early hour. Plus...who wants to sleep in on vacation anyway?? Let's get out there and have fun!!

I know what you mean about the boys getting big. Isaiah is easily 3-4 inches taller than I am, Dan is only a tad behind Isaiah in height. Isaiah can rest his chin on the top of my head...so not right!

I can't wait to hear all about the plans for this trip. Unlike your DH, I LOVE ALL THE PLANNING! Talk away...the more details the better!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like you've got your plans all ironed out and are ready to go! I haven't been to Sea World in years and years so I look forward to seeing and hearing all about it when you get back.
Well...I have had 2 years to plan for this trip. So, yes we are definitely ready to go and are so excited to try Sea World!! It will be a first for us. My brother went a couple years ago and raved about it so we have been wanting to try it ever since. Unfortunately, it adds quite a bit to the trip so I'm hoping Disney offers some kind of discount for the summer or even a pin code (I'm not picky) to offset the cost.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi Angie! I'm so glad you sent me an invitation to this PTR! How exciting that you have a trip in the works!

It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW with the boys and it's been so hard not knowing when we would be able to go back. We've had major house repairs, and financial responsibilities that have kept us away....sometimes being an adult really stinks!! We are keeping our fingers crossed that we get to go next spring, 2013.

I also LOVE EMH and agree that you can get a lot done in that early hour. Plus...who wants to sleep in on vacation anyway?? Let's get out there and have fun!!

I know what you mean about the boys getting big. Isaiah is easily 3-4 inches taller than I am, Dan is only a tad behind Isaiah in height. Isaiah can rest his chin on the top of my head...so not right!

I can't wait to hear all about the plans for this trip. Unlike your DH, I LOVE ALL THE PLANNING! Talk away...the more details the better!
Hi Missy!

I'm so glad you decided to join in!! I'm excited to share our plans for this trip. We originally planned for a trip during spring break since as you know we love going then but it just wasn't possible which ended up being okay because it gives us more time to save and plan!!

I can't believe how quickly the boys have grown. I was just looking through some old Disney pics the other day and they were so small. Where does the time go? Oh and of course Nick uses every opportunity to stand next to me so he can prove just how much taller he is. I agree!! It's definitely not right!!

I really hope you are able to go back next spring!! A perfect time! Since, I think Fantasyland should be completed by then...right? But, I hear you on being an adult. After this trip, we need to take some time off again as we have a list of things that we need to get done around here.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie! I'm so excited for your summer trip! And I'm so glad you are writing a PTR! I didn't notice it when you first posted on my PTR but I spotted the link today.

First - Congratulations on your graduation! What a huge accomplishment! You picked a great way to celebrate!

I can't wait to see some recent pictures of the boys!

Your plans sound great so far - I think you have a good strategy for a July visit. We've never been there any later than the first week of May or any earlier than late September. I think DH would melt - so I'm anxious to hear how you guys do. The summer would be so much more convenient if we could manage with the weather.

Can't wait to read more
!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Angie! I'm so excited for your summer trip! And I'm so glad you are writing a PTR! I didn't notice it when you first posted on my PTR but I spotted the link today.

First - Congratulations on your graduation! What a huge accomplishment! You picked a great way to celebrate!

I can't wait to see some recent pictures of the boys!

Your plans sound great so far - I think you have a good strategy for a July visit. We've never been there any later than the first week of May or any earlier than late September. I think DH would melt - so I'm anxious to hear how you guys do. The summer would be so much more convenient if we could manage with the weather.

Can't wait to read more
!!
Hi Amy!!

I'm so glad you found me and decided to join in! We can't wait to go back. It's been the longest 2 years ever!!

Hoping to get some new pictures posted of the boys soon. I'm so out of practice writing one of these. Hopefully, photobucket will cooperate this week and I can finally get my pictures organized!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: