Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #1471
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I've been researching this for our next trip and everything I have found says that concierge at the resorts can only sell a NEW annual pass. They cannot activate a voucher though. I defintely would like to hear from someone who knows from experience though.
Last May when we tried to activate our vouchers, we had to go to Epcot for activation. They were able to activate them at International Gate, so just a short walk from BC.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #1472
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpayton View Post
I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT OUR UPCOMING TRIP!!!! (just thought I would get that off my chest... DH is sick of me talking about it)

I know exactly how you feel! My DH laughs at me when he walks by and sees my looking at pictures and reading about Disney. I told him you can never plan too much! We are almost 180 days out, so I am excited about making dining reservations!
janinev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #1473
sandymandr
DIS Veteran

Hi! This feels like a dumb question...we have 5 in our party (3ad/2ch), do we have to request a daybed? I guess I assumed we would have one since there are 5 of us, what do you think? And if I need to, so I just call the number I made the rssie on or the hotel directly?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #1474
mpalmieri1203
Earning My Ears

Thanks for clarifying the different aspects of the concierge level. I think having as much available to us as possible at the resort is the way to go so I'll deffinately be upgrading.

I was thinking of going with a dining plan but were going to be on the baby's schedule so I don't want to have the trip revolve around ADRs. I know we wouldn't use all the credits either and I'd feel guilty at the end. About 4 years ago we stopped at Beacj Club to check out the ice cream place. My wife and I thought the hotel looked great. I'm very excited as this is my first time staying at a disney property out of the value range.
mpalmieri1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #1475
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandymandr View Post
Hi! This feels like a dumb question...we have 5 in our party (3ad/2ch), do we have to request a daybed? I guess I assumed we would have one since there are 5 of us, what do you think? And if I need to, so I just call the number I made the rssie on or the hotel directly?
We are going in June and we have a party of 5 also. I called about 2 months ago just to check and the person told me that because of our party size we would automatically be given a room with a daybed.

I sure hope this is correct because someone's gonna be sleeping in the tub otherwise.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #1476
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I think you need a BC/YC trip to help you recuperate.
Oh yeah! Although the pain & swelling is much worse today, I think I'd actually have to say no if I had to get on a plane right now.

Ok, changed my mind, nah I could deal with it to go to BC!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #1477
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post
Are cribs available here or should I check our Pack and Play? If there are cribs are they in nice condition?

Also this is our first time visiting with my daughter(6 months). I chose the hotel primarily for its proximity to Epcot and Hollywood and the ability to simply walk her back after a few hours. Would the club level provide enough continence through out the day seeing as we may be at the resort quite a bit? I'm conflicted as to if we should spring the extra $1k total for our trip. I just think my wife, nanny and myself would really benefit from the snacks, drinks. Is there an abundance of bottled water? Could I simply take 4 bottles of water and leave the lounge no questions asked?
We had a crib in our room and it was extremely clean and well kept. Our daughter ended up sleeping in the regular bed but I definitely would not have had any issues letting her sleep in the crib they provided...and I'm kind of a germ-a-phobe!

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #1478
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

Also this is our first time visiting with my daughter(6 months). I chose the hotel primarily for its proximity to Epcot and Hollywood and the ability to simply walk her back after a few hours. Would the club level provide enough continence through out the day seeing as we may be at the resort quite a bit? I'm conflicted as to if we should spring the extra $1k total for our trip. I just think my wife, nanny and myself would really benefit from the snacks, drinks. Is there an abundance of bottled water? Could I simply take 4 bottles of water and leave the lounge no questions asked?
If you're looking for substantial snacks & drink all day long, you won't find them at BC CL. We were there last month, and from about 11am-4:30 all that is offered are sodas, the coffee machine (there are hot cups to take it to go), yogurt-covered pretzels, swedish fish & potato chips. It was the same thing every day, and nothing you could make a meal out of (for us anyway). There was no bottled water available at any time of day or night for the entire time we were there. Maybe you have to ask for it, but I didn't see anyone with any in the lounge or leaving the lounge with it at any time. The days we spent afternoons at the hotel we still had to buy lunch somewhere.

So just FYI, the CL lounge was great, and we loved the breakfast there, but if you're looking to get afternoon snack/drink value out of $1K extra for CL, you're going to be disappointed!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #1479
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
We are going in June and we have a party of 5 also. I called about 2 months ago just to check and the person told me that because of our party size we would automatically be given a room with a daybed.

I sure hope this is correct because someone's gonna be sleeping in the tub otherwise.
We too are a party of five and last summer we stayed At BC and were given a room without a daybed, they offered us a rollaway cot, the room we were given had an angled dormer feel (was a CL room) and a cot would have left no walking room... They did move us, but had to move us off the CL floor which was a little inconvenient ... So can't hurt to ask for one....

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #1480
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
If you're looking for substantial snacks & drink all day long, you won't find them at BC CL. We were there last month, and from about 11am-4:30 all that is offered are sodas, the coffee machine (there are hot cups to take it to go), yogurt-covered pretzels, swedish fish & potato chips. It was the same thing every day, and nothing you could make a meal out of (for us anyway). There was no bottled water available at any time of day or night for the entire time we were there. Maybe you have to ask for it, but I didn't see anyone with any in the lounge or leaving the lounge with it at any time. The days we spent afternoons at the hotel we still had to buy lunch somewhere.

So just FYI, the CL lounge was great, and we loved the breakfast there, but if you're looking to get afternoon snack/drink value out of $1K extra for CL, you're going to be disappointed!
There is also fruit all day and various cookies (sooooo good). They do not have bottled water in plastic carry away bottles. There is always large bottled water out (two types) so you can take a glass of if you want. If you want large bottles for your room, just ask and they will give them to you. However, you can't take them to the pool in the bottles since they are glass bottles.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #1481
mpalmieri1203
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

Thanks for your input. I do realize I'm paying more for convenience and not a meal replacement. Would you use the service again or no?
mpalmieri1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #1482
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for your input. I do realize I'm paying more for convenience and not a meal replacement. Would you use the service again or no?
As long as we can afford it, we wouldn't go on a Disney trip without Club Level! The convenience of snacks, the safe feel of restricted access to the floor, the helfulness of the staff with anything and everything you might need was worth the extra money for our family. P.S. we are big eaters in the parks (love the Signature dining) so we barely utilized the food offerings aside from the snacks and drinks out during the day, but still worth it for us.

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #1483
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

My Dh won't stay in a deluxe unless it is Club Level. He feels the diff between a mod and deluxe standard stay is not worth the extra cost. We stay club as well. I don't think I would be near as interested in BC or YC without it....

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1484
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Annie View Post
Is it just me that gets unnaturally stressed out right before we go? We are flying out on Friday morning (spending two nights around SeaWorld before checking into BC on Sunday), and I swear I'm about to jump out of my skin. Yes, I'm excited, but the excitement sometimes gets swallowed up in the stress. Please tell me I'm not the only one

I am probably not going to be able to even think of starting to pack until Wednesday -- I'm off to a hospital appt now with my youngest, and we have medical appts the next two days eating up our time. Perhaps that's contributing to the stress.....

Just tell me I'm not some sort of freak (perhaps you can't!). I see everyone post about how excited they are, and I am, but then the waves of stress roll in.

Oh well, I know we will get there just fine (and I will be up half the night before packing, as usual). I just wish I could click my heels three times on Friday morning and be there, with my children, packed perfectly

BC here we come! (I know, I should get off here and start preparing!)
you are definitely not the only one - every trip I get so concerned that something will happen and it will all go wrong. Not even excited when the plane lands. My family laugh at me because I don't chill out until we go under the WDW sign - I always say I could walk to our resort from there if the DME broke down.

Ironically I am generally the optimist of the house but I think there is so much money and planning that I go mad with worry near the trip

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #1485
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2b@disney View Post
We too are a party of five and last summer we stayed At BC and were given a room without a daybed, they offered us a rollaway cot, the room we were given had an angled dormer feel (was a CL room) and a cot would have left no walking room... They did move us, but had to move us off the CL floor which was a little inconvenient ... So can't hurt to ask for one....
Just called Disney again to ask one more time and I was assured that we would have a room with a daybed. She asked what type of room we booked and said yes we will have a daybed. So maybe it depends on the type of room category.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: