Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #166
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Haven't we? For the Beach Club/Yacht Club, anyway!
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Funny story about drinking your way through WS (at least it's funny now - then not so much). When we did our Grand Gathering in 2008 my ds was 22 and thought it would be great to do the "drinking around the world" at EPCOT. Unfortunately the day he decided to do it was also the same day as we were having our Family Gathering pictures done with the private photopass photographer. We did the pictures at 6 pm - get the picture. ALthough you can't tell in the pictures I think my older ds was practically holding up the 22 year old ds. He has a really silly grin in all the pictures while I have a "forced fake" smile in these pictures.

We still kid him about it. Of course he said he wouldn't have picked the drinking around the world the same days as the family pictures except that I had them on such a strict schedule that it was the only day he had a full EPCOT day!

Better luck with your drinking around the world adventure!
Robyn, this is hilarious! I promised our two older boys 21st birthdays in World Showcase - we have about eight years to go until we get to the first one, but I'll remember this story!

Amanda, we LOVE bluezoo and I think they are fantastic with kids! The bluezoo and Jiko kids menus are some of the best at WDW, so entirely understandable. And our 5-year-old loves the "TV in the water" at the entrance!

Welcome, jpaxton!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #167
Mvavra1
Earning My Ears

We will be 1st timers at the BC this august. What are the must do or can't miss things we should know for our stay there? I love this thread and reading what others are saying or have done.
Mvavra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #168
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

HI - could you add me to the guest list...

I am coming for a work confrence and will be staying at the Yacht Club (with about 300+ of my co-workers) from April 29 - May 2nd..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #169
alliesue
Mouseketeer

What a great thread!

Hi! Just wanted to join in on the thread! We're staying at the BCV from April 27th-May 4th! 1st stay in a Villa (was able to exchange through RCI) and 1st stay at the Beach Club! We stayed at the YC for our wedding and honeymoon - but that was such a whirlwind of events we didn't really get to enjoy the resort! So excited to share SAB with my DD (20 months) and be able to walk to my 2 favorite parks Thanks so much for the awesome info!!

1978- Disneyland (1st visit), 1981- Off Site (1st WDW visit), 1984- Off Site, 1989- Off site, 4/2004- Off Site, 7/2005 - Pop Century, 10/2005- Off Site, 1/2/2005- WDW Wedding - Pavilion/Atlantic Dance Hall/Weddingmoon -Yacht Club CL, 9/2005 - Pop Century, 5/2007 - Disneyland, 12/2008- Deployment Homecoming Trip - Coronado Springs, 9/2009 - All Star Sports - Everest Challenge, 9/2011- AKL- Baby's First Trip & W/D Half Relay, 2/2012- Princess Half/POFQ, 5/2012 - BCV
alliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #170
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
HI - could you add me to the guest list...

I am coming for a work confrence and will be staying at the Yacht Club (with about 300+ of my co-workers) from April 29 - May 2nd..
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesue View Post
Hi! Just wanted to join in on the thread! We're staying at the BCV from April 27th-May 4th! 1st stay in a Villa (was able to exchange through RCI) and 1st stay at the Beach Club! We stayed at the YC for our wedding and honeymoon - but that was such a whirlwind of events we didn't really get to enjoy the resort! So excited to share SAB with my DD (20 months) and be able to walk to my 2 favorite parks Thanks so much for the awesome info!!
to you both!

I'll add you both to the list tomorrow morning.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #171
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
I know there is work being done in & around Storm Along Bay, but has anyone heard anything about the slide closing? Someone on the Grand Floridian thread is saying the slide will be closed next month. Thanks!
Yes it's true! The SAB slide & "part" of the pool will be closed from 4/9 - 4/23. I heard it on facebook last night & confirmed it this morning with BC IPO! Nobody can give me any more information about what "part" of the pool will be closed. Guests will be allowed to use the Luna Park pool at BW.

Sorry I didn't post sooner - I had a school special ed meeting this morning & a doctor's appointment this afternoon & the DIS wouldn't let me log in with my phone - no idea why??

I'm so sad & don't know what to do... we are only there for 3 nights (4/19-4/22) before moving offsite but we had planned for two of those days to be resort days with no parks. I know our boys would love the slide & not knowing what part of the pool will be closed has me worried too. I looked up rates to switch resorts but the AP discount I used to book isn't coming up with as much of a discount as I got at BC. We want CL, we want a good pool & we want convenient transportation but every decent alternative is coming up too expensive... I just don't know what to do! I was hoping BC IPO could help me but they just keep saying to call the regular 800#.

I don't know if I should just stay with BC & hope for the best (but DH is NOT happy about this) or try to find another resort... which won't be as good as our dream resort.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #172
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Yes it's true! The SAB slide & "part" of the pool will be closed from 4/9 - 4/23. I heard it on facebook last night & confirmed it this morning with BC IPO! Nobody can give me any more information about what "part" of the pool will be closed. Guests will be allowed to use the Luna Park pool at BW.

Sorry I didn't post sooner - I had a school special ed meeting this morning & a doctor's appointment this afternoon & the DIS wouldn't let me log in with my phone - no idea why??

I'm so sad & don't know what to do... we are only there for 3 nights (4/19-4/22) before moving offsite but we had planned for two of those days to be resort days with no parks. I know our boys would love the slide & not knowing what part of the pool will be closed has me worried too. I looked up rates to switch resorts but the AP discount I used to book isn't coming up with as much of a discount as I got at BC. We want CL, we want a good pool & we want convenient transportation but every decent alternative is coming up too expensive... I just don't know what to do! I was hoping BC IPO could help me but they just keep saying to call the regular 800#.

I don't know if I should just stay with BC & hope for the best (but DH is NOT happy about this) or try to find another resort... which won't be as good as our dream resort.
It will only be the first part of the pool, where the slide comes out into the pool. The other two-thirds of the pool will be open. They run continuous golf carts back and forth between the Luna slide. The kids love that.

When the Clown slide is down, they golf cart people from there over to our slide ... only fair.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #173
DisneyMom70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
. Most of the rest of the meals are in Epcot, with the exception of Bluezoo (which somehow became my 6 year old's favorite restaurant ).

Amanda
Do a lot of you eat most meals at Epcot? I am finding that most of the restaurants that I want to try are there. Our plans are to eat lunches in whatever park we are in, but since we want to come back to the resort in the afternoon for nap/swim time, it is tempting to plan more dinners there. It seems so easy just to walk over there, and then go to the other parks. Just curious...

Disneyland AP***DCL Fantasy - June 30-July 6, 2012***WDW - June 21-June 30, 2012
DisneyMom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #174
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
It will only be the first part of the pool, where the slide comes out into the pool. The other two-thirds of the pool will be open. They run continuous golf carts back and forth between the Luna slide. The kids love that.

When the Clown slide is down, they golf cart people from there over to our slide ... only fair.
Teena, thanks for the additional information. This covers our YC stay next month.

Amy, just wanted to add my two cents. We've stayed at BC many times and the jib slide was down for part of our Feb. 2011 stay. Our boys are currently ages 5, 11 and 12, and our two older boys do love that slide. They've stayed at a number of WDW resorts (see below) and the jib slide is definitely their favorite. But I can also say that they were VERY excited about the ability to stay at BC, use SAB and pool hop to BWI. (I just noticed that you've stayed at BWI in the past, so you're familiar with it already.) And I can also say that during our last BC stay in August 2011, the boys used and loved the jib slide, but spent the majority of their pool time in other parts of SAB.

So I would not give up BC and the rest of SAB, even with slide construction. And while BC is my favorite resort, I love many others. So I'd tell you if I thought a resort switch would be a good fit for you, and I don't! I know that's easier for me to say because we've stayed at BC many times, but I'm confident in my decision to stay at YC/BC next month during the construction. (I say YC/BC because I frequently waiver between sticking with my decision to try YC and returning to my old favorite, BC.) There is so much to BC in addition to the slide, and I hope you decide to stay!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Last edited by pixarmom; 03-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #175
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom70 View Post
Do a lot of you eat most meals at Epcot? I am finding that most of the restaurants that I want to try are there. Our plans are to eat lunches in whatever park we are in, but since we want to come back to the resort in the afternoon for nap/swim time, it is tempting to plan more dinners there. It seems so easy just to walk over there, and then go to the other parks. Just curious...
I know this was for Amanda, but just wanted to mention this is one of the reasons we love BC so much.

Most days, we get to rope drop, have lunch ADRs at whatever park we're in and then return to BC (earlier for a swim break in the summer, later in the afternoon in the winter.) We head to Epcot or to an Epcot resort for our dinner ADR. We're huge Illuminations fans and there is so much going on in the Epcot area at night (movies on the beach, Boardwalk, swimming at SAB, ice cream at B&C), so we stay in the area after dinner. MK, AK and DHS are all early morning parks for us.

So I love your plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #176
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Teena, thanks for the additional information. This covers our YC stay next month.

Amy, just wanted to add my two cents. We've stayed at BC many times and the jib slide was down for part of our Feb. 2011 stay. Our boys are currently ages 5, 11 and 12, and our two older boys do love that slide. They've stayed at a number of WDW resorts (see below) and the jib slide is definitely their favorite. But I can also say that they were VERY excited about the ability to stay at BC, use SAB and pool hop to BWI. (I just noticed that you've stayed at BWI in the past, so you're familiar with it already.) And I can also say that during our last BC stay in August 2011, the boys used and loved the jib slide, but spent the majority of their pool time in other parts of SAB.

So I would not give up BC and the rest of SAB, even with slide construction. And while BC is my favorite resort, I love many others. So I'd tell you if I thought a resort switch would be a good fit for you, and I don't! I know that's easier for me to say because we've stayed at BC many times, but I'm confident in my decision to stay at YC/BC next month during the construction. (I say YC/BC because I frequently waiver between sticking with my decision to try YC and returning to my old favorite, BC.) There is so much to BC in addition to the slide, and I hope you decide to stay!
Thank you both for the info! I feel so much better just knowing what's going on. Hearing that "part" of the pool would be closed totally freaked me out! I think DH will feel much better about it if he looks at the map when he gets home tonight. There are so many reasons we wanted to stay at BC & the slide was only a small portion of that! And while it might not be the most convenient situation, the boys will like being able to go to Luna Park! We had an amazing time there in November.

And who knows... maybe the repair will be done early?

Honestly, I think the pool noodles are hiding inside those pipes causing all of this trouble! Once the construction crew finds them, they can finish everything up in a jiffy! One can hope right?
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #177
jking6
DIS Veteran

I am getting excited for my first stay at Beach Club.
But, I want to notify you of a change in our dates. We are still arriving on the
8th with a split stay ending on 19th.
I decided I need more time in Disney!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #178
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvavra1 View Post
We will be 1st timers at the BC this august. What are the must do or can't miss things we should know for our stay there? I love this thread and reading what others are saying or have done.
Welcome to our happy family!!!

You will just LOVE BC. The pool (referred to as SAB on this thread) is like an attraction in itself! We use it each midday after an early morning in the park. Then after we clean up, we have an easy stroll over to EPCOT for a nice dinner and shopping. The best perk of BC is it's proximity to EPCOT and DHS.

Each evening there are movies on the beach and I think Smores??? Be sure and enjoy a burger at Beaches & Cream (or since it's vacation, skip the "regular" meal and just have dessert ). And schedule an evening for the Cap May clam bake. It's great!! After dinner you can head over to Boardwalk for a little entertainment.

Make sure that you meet Teena (she works on Sunday's and Monday's greeting guests in the lobby)
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

ocalla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #179
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Schedule Update: They told me my days and hours will change probably in mid-April. My new days will be Saturday and Sunday and I'll be working ten hour days. I think the hours will be 8 AM to 6:30 PM. As soon as I know the exact date my days/hours change, I'll post it here.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #180
cmpayton
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome (on the other thread).... my computer went crazy for a couple of days and had to go without
Anway... please add me to the list.. we will be there June 17-22 for our first stay at BC!!!

I have also booked most of our ADRs at EPCOT because we tend to take afternoon nap breaks... good to know that this will work

I have booked Cape May, Teppan Edo, Ohana, Coral Reef, and 1900 Park Fare... all for dinner. We haven't eaten at any of these places yet but can't wait to try them
cmpayton is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: