Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #31
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in.

We have been to US/IOA twice in the last two years. I enjoy it very much, but DH and DD7 LOVE it. It seems like they have added new things this year too, so I am sure you will all have a blast.

Am I blind? Did you mention where you are staying? We haven't stayed onsite (not yet, but we will next time we go as a family) but we purchased the express pass last year and it is awesome. There is no wait like Disney's fastpass, just walk right on.

I can't believe you found such great outfits in such a short amount of time. I love those Harry Potter bows.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So as I started reading your post, my first thought was "bring the 3rd suitcase.... you'll need it to bring stuff home!". Then I see you've already figured that out.......

VERY cute outfits! I would love to go do Seussland and get or make something for Katie. But alas, I fear that ship has sailed. I'm glad you're getting to put something! And yeah for having your friend loan you a HP set! Can't wait to see the photos of Claire in them!

Have you done your research on cameras at US? Their rides aren't as camera friendly as Disney. But I think they have lockers near the rides for that.
I have done a little research, but not enough yet...the time just keeps flying by already. I do know on certain rides you have ti put your stuff in a locker, but I think if you can stuff a point and shoot in your picket, you can take that on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I'm here! Can't believe you're going back to Fl so soon!!

And to universal, not Disney! How could you?????

But really, I have actually been looking into Universal, too. Just looking to do a little something different on our next trip. I can't wait till you get back to hear all about it.

Those outfits are so cute. I know she'll look adorable in them.

Also, I can't wait to hear about the Allegiant flight to Sanford.
I've already booked our flight through them for June.

(just don't tell anybody over at my TR. I'm waiting till I get my plans together and decide if I'll do a PTR or TR.)

ETA: I went & voted. It looks like you're in the lead!
I'll keep your secret!
I know, it was a total twist. I was surprised he suggested that.
I do like Allegiant. We have flown them several times now. They have decent roomy seats. I know some planes are older than others though, and those just aren't as nice, but still good. The bad thing is paying for evey little thing, seat choices, bags, etc. But it stil lis cheaper than flying out of detroit right now. Sometimes they are about the same, sometimes Detroit is a little more, but we have to drive an hour to get there. The down fall is always having to rent a car, but Skip always wants a car anyways...except this year, when he kept asking why we couldn't get a shuttle to the resort. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm joining in.

We have been to US/IOA twice in the last two years. I enjoy it very much, but DH and DD7 LOVE it. It seems like they have added new things this year too, so I am sure you will all have a blast.

Am I blind? Did you mention where you are staying? We haven't stayed onsite (not yet, but we will next time we go as a family) but we purchased the express pass last year and it is awesome. There is no wait like Disney's fastpass, just walk right on.

I can't believe you found such great outfits in such a short amount of time. I love those Harry Potter bows.
I can't remember if I did mention where we will be staying. I wrote that first post really fast, with people in the background "needing" me for some stupid reason. We are staying at the Quality Inn, which used to be the Fairfield Inn. I think it JUST switched over. It's not fancy, but it will do and they have a free breakfast. I think they have free wifi too, but I'm gonna call and check on that. It did when it was Fairfield Inn, but I can't confirm it does now.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Those outfits are amazing! I cannot believe all you found in such a short period of time! When you get the HP outfit you can have Claire model it and put it up lol.

At least with the 3 bags you can check your shampoos. I am paranoid about them spilling (happened to my friend a couple years ago), so I am uber anal, and put each shampoo and conditioner, sunblock etc, it its own gallon size zip lock bag, then I put each bag into one gallon size ziplock back, zip it up and put it in the suitcase. I DID have a shampoo leak a little but all it did was get the inside of that bag sticky! I know it is a waste of bags, but better than having everything in my suitcase shampooey!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen.... you have a chance for 2 tickers going at the same time...... but I don't see the new one?????????

I just saw that photopass is going up to $169. I don't know if that means the pre-order will go up too, but I just ordered one to be on the safe side. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to do a little planning for November.... in your spare time!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #35
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good gosh Jen, you were one busy woman over the last few days. Booking a trip, trying on clothes and ordering clothes! I'm tired just thinking about it. Speaking of clothes, those outfits are adorable! I'm sure Claire is going to be the best dressed girl in Universal.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Those outfits are amazing! I cannot believe all you found in such a short period of time! When you get the HP outfit you can have Claire model it and put it up lol.

At least with the 3 bags you can check your shampoos. I am paranoid about them spilling (happened to my friend a couple years ago), so I am uber anal, and put each shampoo and conditioner, sunblock etc, it its own gallon size zip lock bag, then I put each bag into one gallon size ziplock back, zip it up and put it in the suitcase. I DID have a shampoo leak a little but all it did was get the inside of that bag sticky! I know it is a waste of bags, but better than having everything in my suitcase shampooey!
I usually bag it too if I check it (which I usualy do on the way home), but I am double bagging it this time since I did have a leak problem during my transfer from AS Movies to YC. I think I didn't get the lid tightly closed and it leaked a bit out too. So two bags to be safe!
I can't wait to get all the goodies now and have her try them on.

I just need to find a darn pillowcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey Jen.... you have a chance for 2 tickers going at the same time...... but I don't see the new one?????????

I just saw that photopass is going up to $169. I don't know if that means the pre-order will go up too, but I just ordered one to be on the safe side. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to do a little planning for November.... in your spare time!
I know. I'll have to put another up. I gotta find where I can do a Universal themed one.
I did see that too. What a bummer. I heard the preorder is staying the same, but I can't guarentee that. I better talk to my photoshare buddy on facebook and tell him about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good gosh Jen, you were one busy woman over the last few days. Booking a trip, trying on clothes and ordering clothes! I'm tired just thinking about it. Speaking of clothes, those outfits are adorable! I'm sure Claire is going to be the best dressed girl in Universal.
It's been busy...and I need to get in shape now too. I have to lose 20 lbs in 13 days. I am trying to get more walking in though to get myself prepared. I have 4 1/2 miles under my belt today. I might take another walk when Claire gets home too. She needs to get herself prepared as well.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Jen I love all the clothes! I think I'm lucky I had a boy or I would go broke just planning all the little outfits.

I sent you a pm
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yay Jen!! I'm so excited, short trips really are great. I mean, not as great as long ones, but still! You are going to have a blast!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #39
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Those outfits are so cute, Jen!

I cannot wait to see photos of cute little Claire wearing them all.

Jen, be warned, the food inside the parks is expensive and we did not like it very much, there are several restaurants outside on city walk and they are usually pretty good ...... there is a Bubba Gump's and I envy you being able to have a meal there!
Try Cinnabon's if you like that sort of thing - yummy center of the roll!

As for the rides - we have always stayed onsite and had the Universal Express, so can't tell you about the lines, but Seuss has fun rides, do the little train thing, it's fun. We loved the dragons, but I am not sure Claire is tall enough and Spiderman is so fun! If it is warm enough do the ripsaw falls and popeye's ride (don't remember the actual names), but be prepared to get SOAKED!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get over my photos to give you sufficiant information on the Studios part - at the moment I am drawing a blank. But then it is 11pm and I am pretty tired!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #40
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Jen I love all the clothes! I think I'm lucky I had a boy or I would go broke just planning all the little outfits.

I sent you a pm
Yes...that is the bad thing about a girl, especially one that loves clothes since she was very little...and shoes too. She had a temper tantrum at 2 years old about a pair of shoes I wasn't going to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay Jen!! I'm so excited, short trips really are great. I mean, not as great as long ones, but still! You are going to have a blast!
Yes long would be better, but this still will be fun..and a whirlwind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Those outfits are so cute, Jen!

I cannot wait to see photos of cute little Claire wearing them all.

Jen, be warned, the food inside the parks is expensive and we did not like it very much, there are several restaurants outside on city walk and they are usually pretty good ...... there is a Bubba Gump's and I envy you being able to have a meal there!
Try Cinnabon's if you like that sort of thing - yummy center of the roll!

As for the rides - we have always stayed onsite and had the Universal Express, so can't tell you about the lines, but Seuss has fun rides, do the little train thing, it's fun. We loved the dragons, but I am not sure Claire is tall enough and Spiderman is so fun! If it is warm enough do the ripsaw falls and popeye's ride (don't remember the actual names), but be prepared to get SOAKED!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get over my photos to give you sufficiant information on the Studios part - at the moment I am drawing a blank. But then it is 11pm and I am pretty tired!
Do you get very wet on Jurassic park? I love Jurassic park movies and would like to ride that one, but it looks like you get pretty wet. I'm not sure Claire would like dragons. Thats a pretty big roller coaster, isn't it?
I have to load more youtube videos for her now while I cook supper. She's been bugging me all afternoon, but I made her take a 1 1/2 mile walk outside (it's very nice out today) to get her in shape...good thing too, because she says her legs are hurting.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #41
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am going to forewarn you now. Since I have very little time to plan this trip, I'm probably going to post random thoughts and not follow a specific order of any kind.
I'll be nice Just Kidding!

Anyway, love the outfits! I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts at a Cracker barrel a couple years ago and I really wanted to buy them for Sam and Kadence, but Sam wouldn't wear it.

I want to get Kadence a pillowcase dress so bad. Maybe for our next trip! I love theme dressing too! I'm already looking for, ...well I'm looking

I wish Kadence was as adventurous as Claire about dark rides. I'm trying to talk her into EE and Haunted Mansion.

I hope you find you pillow case quickly!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #42
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Love those outfits for Claire, especially the pillowcase dress! I really want to see the Harry Potter clothes, I didn't kknow anything like that was out there.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #43
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'll be nice Just Kidding!

Anyway, love the outfits! I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts at a Cracker barrel a couple years ago and I really wanted to buy them for Sam and Kadence, but Sam wouldn't wear it.

I want to get Kadence a pillowcase dress so bad. Maybe for our next trip! I love theme dressing too! I'm already looking for, ...well I'm looking

I wish Kadence was as adventurous as Claire about dark rides. I'm trying to talk her into EE and Haunted Mansion.

I hope you find you pillow case quickly!
It's terrible to look because this far out you could end up with more dresses than days...easily!

I don't know if Claire is adventurous or not. I have to do a lot of fast talking.....or she thinks she's ready and isn't.

I am thinking of possibly doing an iron pillowcase if I can't get one from someone. Not my first choice, but at least I would have something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Love those outfits for Claire, especially the pillowcase dress! I really want to see the Harry Potter clothes, I didn't kknow anything like that was out there.
It's amazing how many people make custom clothes for the parks. Some really cute stuff out there...of course Janet make awesome stuff too. We love the dress she made...or should I say "mrs. Claus" made
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #44
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

I just voted for your picture and you were just shy of 65%. I loved your last TR and you took some really great pictures and am looking forward to this TR

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
disneygeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #45
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygeeks View Post
I just voted for your picture and you were just shy of 65%. I loved your last TR and you took some really great pictures and am looking forward to this TR
Thanks!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: