Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Four parks 18 lands Challenge, mission accomplished

My son (16) and cousin (12) want to tackle all four parks in one day. Just Visiting all four is too easy and riding every ride in all four parks would be impossible.

My son thinks my suggestion of hitting all four parks with the requirement of riding one ride in each "land" is too easy.

They have their day picked - May 30. EMH morning at DHS. No Late EMH. Hopefully MK will be open until midnight.

Anybody have any suggestions or feedback on a reasonably tough challenge.

Last edited by bcrook; 06-07-2012 at 10:30 AM.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

I would do DHS, AK, Epcot, then MK. I think one ride in each "land" sounds pretty aggressive, as each park has what, about a half-dozen of them at minimum?

See the link in my signature for my experience.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
gojoe
DIS Veteran

We did it once. Started at Animal Kingdom, Hollywood, Epcot and ended with Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom was early EMH and Magic Kingdom had late EMH. We had just one day and wanted to see all the holiday decoration. I have to add we have been going to Disney World for years and would not recommend all 4 parks in one day.
I suggest you put a time limit for each park and skip any line longer than 30 minutes.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
We did it once. Started at Animal Kingdom, Hollywood, Epcot and ended with Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom was early EMH and Magic Kingdom had late EMH. We had just one day and wanted to see all the holiday decoration. I have to add we have been going to Disney World for years and would not recommend all 4 parks in one day.
I suggest you put a time limit for each park and skip any line longer than 30 minutes.
We will be staying on site for two weeks, we will have plenty of time to see and do whatever we want (we visit yearly). We know it is going to be a crazy day, but it will be memorable.

The kids are going meet the challenge, I will be shadowing and helping with fastpasses. With the new policy, fastpasses will be harder to manage for this type of "race against time".
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I would do DHS, AK, Epcot, then MK. I think one ride in each "land" sounds pretty aggressive, as each park has what, about a half-dozen of them at minimum?

See the link in my signature for my experience.
Hey Mesaboy,

I followed along with your posts during your 6 park day. It was a lot of fun to watch. My son wants to taste a little of that excitement. Since we purchased DVC, we have spent a lot of time on site, and we are creating new adventures to keep it fresh.

If I count right, there are 14 "Lands" with rides. If my son adds Echo Lake at DHS as a separate place and separates Future World into East and West he will be at 16 rides minimum.

The worst part of the whole thing is the Studio Back Lot Tour. I tried to convince him that this is not a ride but merely an attraction. But, he says it is a ride and the only one in that land, so he has to ride it. At least he doesn't have to ride the Energy Ride in Epcot. That would really eat into the time.

It will be the first time for me to be in all four parks in one day too. We have been in three lots of times.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Hey Mesaboy,

I followed along with your posts during your 6 park day. It was a lot of fun to watch. My son wants to taste a little of that excitement. Since we purchased DVC, we have spent a lot of time on site, and we are creating new adventures to keep it fresh.

If I count right, there are 14 "Lands" with rides. If my son adds Echo Lake at DHS as a separate place and separates Future World into East and West he will be at 16 rides minimum.

The worst part of the whole thing is the Studio Back Lot Tour. I tried to convince him that this is not a ride but merely an attraction. But, he says it is a ride and the only one in that land, so he has to ride it. At least he doesn't have to ride the Energy Ride in Epcot. That would really eat into the time.

It will be the first time for me to be in all four parks in one day too. We have been in three lots of times.
My 44yo body was whooped at the end of that day. You guys have youth on your side. I wish you and your son luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
My 44yo body was whooped at the end of that day. You guys have youth on your side. I wish you and your son luck!
Well I am turning 44 on Thursday, and I do not plan on running around like he is. I will be waiting in places like the Dawa Bar, nibbling on cupcakes at Starring Rolls, and enjoying a nice lunch at the Tangierine Cafe. Stuff like that. I will at least visit all four parks.

I think my son and his cousin will be wiped out though! Out of our party of 8, only 2 are willing to make "the commitment" to this! My wife thinks it is crazy.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
GeorgeG
Stumped for 2005
You can keep the pickles
I fully intend to be a ghost when it's my turn

I don't get it.

You can physically be in all four parks the same day, but I don't see it being a very enjoyable day. I guess the goal might be just to say you did it?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

IF it were me, I would do it this way...
DHS..TSM, TGMR, StarTours, RnRC (or ToT..whichever is shorter wait)

AK...EE, Dinosaur, Primevil Hurl, maybe Kilamanjaro Safari

Epcot...Soarin', TT, Malestrom, Spaceship Earth on the way out

MK...Space Mt, PoC, BTMMR, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan,

Sounds like fun...my dd and I may have to try that on our next trip!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Have them take pictures at each attraction as they are either entering or leaving along with a timestamp. Then, have them plot it all out on a park map when you get home so they can document their path. Fellow 44-year-old here who has no interest in attempting it myself
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG View Post
I don't get it.

You can physically be in all four parks the same day, but I don't see it being a very enjoyable day. I guess the goal might be just to say you did it?
Pretty much. I didn't have to go out of my way or spend much money to pull it off, so that was an additional incentive for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Have them take pictures at each attraction as they are either entering or leaving along with a timestamp. Then, have them plot it all out on a park map when you get home so they can document their path. Fellow 44-year-old here who has no interest in attempting it myself
Good call. It was fun once, but I'm never doing something like that again.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

We've done the 4-park challenge. Wasn't easy and we didn't quite have the same goals. We had 2 goals in mind when we did it. 1. See if it was even possible to visit all 4 parks in one day. 2. Ride at least one major attraction at each park.

We did the parks in this order: AK, EPCOT, DHS, back to EPCOT ending at MK.

We accomplished our 2 goals, but we were dead tired at the end of it all. Goofy4tink gave me a good strategy on another thread if I ever want to try this again. I'll be turning 40 this year, so if I'm going to attempt again, this may be my last time to attempt to do so.

Your DS and cousin will need a good strategy to do it. EMH will help them out and using FP efficiently will definitely help them pull it off. Especially if it's one ride in each land. Youth is on their side and I wish them (and you) the best of luck.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

My wife and I are planning something similar. She's making a list of her 30 favorite things and we are going to try to do them all on her 29th birthday. (29 things for her and one thing for our son who turns 1 two days later. He'll be with his Grandparents, also at Disney, while we are doing this.)

It's not all rides and attractions. For instance, she wants lunch at CHH and dinner at Earl of Sandwich.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

DW and I did a similar challenge a few years back, though we only planned to ride/visit two attractions in each park. However, we did add a challenge to use all possible forms of WDW transportation during the course of our 4-park day (walkway, bus, monorail, ferry, motor launch and whatever else was available).

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
That is a good idea. They definitely should record their adventure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: