Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
tinks_1989
need a like button

March 7th CONTINUED

After another huge nap from Elsie and a quick hour myself we got ready and mae our way out!

It was pouring down! Literally Dave suggested having a drink at the bar and wait till the rain had eased! Who am I to argue with his great idea so we got settled and ordered a drink!
Dave had a kronenburg how boring
I had a cocktail! I can't for the life of me remember what it was or even what was in it I just remember that it was quiet strong for such a little guy!

After our drinks we braved it and ran to DLH! We still had 40 minutes till our reservation so we decided to have a quick drink! Well it would be rude not too!

Dave was just as boring as before
I had champagne and cherries! Was so good I even took a photo!

I was so proud of Elsie she just sat happily in her puschair taking her shoes off the little monkey!

We checked in at inventions and were seated in a beautiful room to the right it had a beautiful view of the castle and train station!

We were again waiting for our high chair and saw our first character! We didn't get a photo though as my camera was in the bag!

After we were seated Geppetto came straight over to us! If you knew Elsie you know just looking at Geppetto she would love him!

One word "glasses" Elsie loves them!!!!

Dave went to get his first (of many) plates Elsie was sat laughing in her highchair I looked round and Donald was there waving at her!

He stayed with us for ages playing with Elsie posing for lots of photos!

Elsie even gave him a kiss on his beak!

Not much happened for the next hour was a bit lacking to be honest! The characters made up for it luckily!

Goofy come in and played pat-a-cake with Elsie for ages!

Whilst I was getting my deserts (they were so good) I saw Mickey and Tigger but they never came to our table! Another disappointing part of the night!

We were just about to go and Dale come over!

Elsie wouldn't sit still for a photo though!

Leaving a little disappointed and pretty full we went back to our room I think were all asleep just after 11!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #32
Mrs S
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the board and loving your trip report - Elsie is adorable!

I wondered if you could tell me how long it took you to walk to the park from Hotel New York? That's where we're staying in 2 weeks time! Thanks very much - can't wait to read more of your report!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #33
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
I'm new to the board and loving your trip report - Elsie is adorable!

I wondered if you could tell me how long it took you to walk to the park from Hotel New York? That's where we're staying in 2 weeks time! Thanks very much - can't wait to read more of your report!
Hello

Thank you! It took minutes 5-10 minutes it depends how busy bag check is at the entrance of the village x
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Just catching up with your trip report. I'm sorry to hear that the weather wasn't kind to you. Makes me feel a little guilty for boasting about our wonderful weather... just goes to show much it can change in such a short space of time.

Elsie is adorable! I can see why all the characters took a shine to her!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #35
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Your daughter is so cute - adorable pictures with her and the characters, especially Minnie!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #36
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Just catching up with your trip report. I'm sorry to hear that the weather wasn't kind to you. Makes me feel a little guilty for boasting about our wonderful weather... just goes to show much it can change in such a short space of time.

Elsie is adorable! I can see why all the characters took a shine to her!
Im jealous because we were going to book the 12th-15th but a couple that were coming with us couldn't do that week so we did the week before and then they didnt come any way grr! So annoying it looks like it was a lot quieter as well when you went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Your daughter is so cute - adorable pictures with her and the characters, especially Minnie!
Aw thank you! She loves Minnie we watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse and she beams when Minnie comes on!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #37
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Elsie is so cute I love her Minnie Mouse dress looks like you have had a fab trip so far.
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #38
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I love the photos of Elsie she looks like she having the best time ever, shame you were disappointed with Inventions though, hope it didn't spoil the rest of the trip xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
RoseZebra
Earning My Ears

Hi Tinks I have really been enjoying your trip report, your little girl is so cute and the photos are great.

I had to laugh at the Belle comments - we saw the same Belle when we went in Feb and she was ever so nice! We also saw Cinderella at the Pavillion, did you see a second princess too?

Love love love the pictures with Minnie and the matching dresses.
RoseZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:21 AM   #40
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
Elsie is so cute I love her Minnie Mouse dress looks like you have had a fab trip so far.
Aw thank you! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
I love the photos of Elsie she looks like she having the best time ever, shame you were disappointed with Inventions though, hope it didn't spoil the rest of the trip xx
Of course we wouldn't let it spoil our trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseZebra View Post
Hi Tinks I have really been enjoying your trip report, your little girl is so cute and the photos are great.

I had to laugh at the Belle comments - we saw the same Belle when we went in Feb and she was ever so nice! We also saw Cinderella at the Pavillion, did you see a second princess too?

Love love love the pictures with Minnie and the matching dresses.
Thank you Belle was lovely really friendly and very good in character talked about the beast being back at the castle etc!

We only saw one both times we went through!

Xx
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
RoseZebra
Earning My Ears

We saw two at the same time (in different rooms), but had been told in the queue that there were going to be three!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseZebra View Post
We saw two at the same time (in different rooms), but had been told in the queue that there were going to be three!
Oh really so jealous would of made waiting 70 mins even more worth while!

The people in front asked if they can see both but we're told no! We asked who was here and they told us they don't know even though they had just walked out the room!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #43
RoseZebra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Oh really so jealous would of made waiting 70 mins even more worth while!

The people in front asked if they can see both but we're told no! We asked who was here and they told us they don't know even though they had just walked out the room!
ooh not fair, if you waited that long you definately should have seen more than one if they were there!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #44
tinks_1989
need a like button

There was defiantly two there when we saw Belle Tiana was also there and when we saw Tiana Aurora was also there.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #45
tinks_1989
need a like button

Day 4

Bang on 7 am! Just like clock work! I put Elsie in bed with us as we really could do with a little extra ZZZ's! We got up and finished packing got washed and dressed and went down for breakfast just after 9! It was really quiet so we decided to go in Manhattan! In the line (small line literally one other family in front of us) I had a bit of a paddy thinking no one was English around me I let off some steam at Dave! Sorry Dave! I just got fed up of doing all the packing getting Elsie ready telling him where everything was and I didnt want to go home yet! Any way!!! It was really lovely in there! Such a beautiful room! Felt more like we were staying in a deluxe hotel! I had really calmed down now with a coffee and hot breakfast!

After breakfast we went back up and got our bags! As we were leaving our room the rooms were bathrooms were being refurbished new sinks etc!

It was such a lovely day! I had to take some photos of the hotel!

By the time we got to the park it was 10am so there was quiet a lot of people entering in the park! We went straight to the Pavilion and it was already open! And already showing 90 minutes! It wasnt 90 minutes though it was probably and hour! We saw Tiana!

She was so amazing with Elsie and by far the best "in character" character we have ever met! She talked about Naveen and her restaurant! She asked if Elsie could stay with her for the day, we could go off and go on the big rides! We declined even though Elsie probably would of loved to have had her photo taken all day! The photographer in there told us Elsie was extraordinary amazing! Asked if we doing any modeling for her!

After seeing the Princesses we went for a walk around Main Street and the Castle I love this area of the park I really feel Walts dream in these areas! I love old street America feel I love all the small detail, listening to the dentist, looking at the windows and just taking in all the Disney atmosphere!

We had a drink and changed Elsie in to her Aurora dress. As we came out of the baby center Cinderella, Tiana, Belle and the prince walked past us! Guess who we are having tea with then!? At first I was a bit disappointed as we had already seen two of the three princesses! Will I ever meet Snow White I mean will Elsie? lol!

We still went and I am glad we did as we got some really amazing interaction!

We were sat in a very small area wasn't impressed but thought I had already made one scene at breakfast I just couldn't be bothered to say anything!

I will have one rant though! PUSH CHAIRS!!!! Seriously people take their pushchairs in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were given our cocktails and ordered our drinks! We finished our cocktails then ordered our food!

Cinderella was the first to arrive! Elsie was a bit grumpy and had chucked all her crayons on the floor! But soon perked up when Cinderella started talking to her!

Not that Elsie looks that impressed here!

Our drinks arrived and not much after so did Tiana not the one we had just seen though! The one we met in September she was lovely very beautiful!

There was a bit of a gap now Perla come round but just didn't stop at our table didnt even acknowledge our table!

We had our starters and main which were lovely I cant remember what the starter was Pumpkin soup, Salmon and chutney may be!

I had the lamb for main it was lovely I love lamb!
Dave had veal he said it was very good!
Elsie had pasta but was so tired she wouldnt eat anything! Glad we werent paying for it!

Cinderella came back round and asked if she could have a photo with Elsie out of her high chair which was lovely!

Until we try and put her back in! This wasnt happening!

Elsie sat on my lap and started falling asleep! So I was trying to keep her entertained! Desert arrived and she loved the Cinderella chocolate lollies!

As we were eating our desert Belle and the beast (human form) arrived! Belle took Elsie off me and was cuddling and kissing her! Elsie must of like it as she cuddled back in to her! She was a beautiful Belle! The photo isnt very good though!

The prince told Belle to put her down as it would make her broody lol! Funny but a bit out of character lol!

We paid changed Elsie back to Rapunzel as she couldnt go in her push chair in her hooped dress!

Elsie fell straight to sleep in her push chair! So we made our way back down Main street to get our last few bits and head back to the hotel!

As we were walking past City Hall we decided to go in so we could ask for her badge because when we were in Auberge our Princess badge was taken it must have been taken as it was there when we went in and wasnt any where near the push chair when we comeback out!

Whilst we were in there we started talking about Rapunzel and that we hadnt seen her! This is when they rang about started popping in and out looking for some one but some back and said Rapunzel wasnt here till April 1st we were so disappointed!

They came back with a bag for Elsie a badge, some sweets and an Aurora soft doll! They said they didnt have any Rapunzel left! Luckily as we already have one! lol! We were also given a name and reference number for when we go back to take to city hall! Sounds interesting!

We had a slow walk around and made it back to the hotel got our bags changed Elsie back to normal clothes and played in the kids area till it was time for John to pick us up!

On our way to the airport Elsie slept the whole way and Dave and John talked about bits and bobs whilst I just sat there excepting we were leaving Disney and wouldnt be seeing any Disney for probably two years!

Airport was boring waiting around Easyjet were asking people to check in bags for free as they had too much hand luggage being taken on!

Flight was fine there seemed to be a group of us all with little ones! Elsie made a small friend on the way home!

Land, collect bags, get picked up by mum and dad, get dropped home and its all over!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: