Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #91
realfam
Love the mouse!

Morning all

Just catching up on my DIS reading with a coffee. Welcome to everyone new joining. You count our family in on fish extenders. I will forward all the info.
Most of our planning is done, but were still searching for a reasonable flight to our MCO on the 25th. The airlines have been fairly expensive lately not offering many deals, whats with that
Sept'05 Fort Wilderness for 8 days, Sept'07 MNSSHP, Sept21-29, 2007 DCL Western Cruise, Aug 18-27 First DVC trip to SSR & AKV, Oct 11, 2008 DCL Eastern Carribean on the Magic, Dec'08 SSR & OKW, Jan'09 AKL, April10-27 East Bound Transatlantic with 3 days in Barcelona
realfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #92
disneytheway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess7070 View Post
Hi Disneytheway!

We live in Jackson. We have 3 boys, 8, 6, and 3. We surprised our boys for a Christmas present. Sometimes i wish i would of waited and surprised them but I couldnt hold out, lol. So excited I cant wait. Are you flying out the day before? We decided to do that.
Yes we have an early flight saturday morning and staying at the Old Key West, then we decided to rent a car and drive to port, since we are attending church in Orlando area before and after the cruise. For sure my kids will have a blast making new friends, when time comes we will definitely register then in the kids club. Are you doing that? By the way are you doing the FE this time around?

(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #93
disneytheway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheribelle View Post
Freehold NJ here! Our first cruise! Traveling with my daughters 12 &4, and my 9 year old son. So excited! We are driving, as I am too chicken to fly. But we are surprising my son with Legoland the day before the cruise. This is going to be a long summer as we wait to sail
That's funny how close we are. OMG thats one of the reasons why we didnt say anything to the boys, our cruise is booked since last year and it would be too much for them to wait, and now since they dont know we are planing to surprise them the morning of. Are you thinking of joining the FE?

(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #94
cheribelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneytheway View Post

That's funny how close we are. OMG thats one of the reasons why we didnt say anything to the boys, our cruise is booked since last year and it would be too much for them to wait, and now since they dont know we are planing to surprise them the morning of. Are you thinking of joining the FE?
Not sure about FE. It's our first cruise ever and I think I just want to get a feel for things this time. However based on reviews here, I have a feeling it won't be our last cruise
Trying to find a reasonable hotel for our stay the night before. We are doing Legoland, have dinner reservations at the Yacht Club. I thought that would be nice to walk around the Boardwalk and maybe catch a glimpse of Illuminations. I would
love to stay on the property but just too expensive for one night. Thinking of the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista.
cheribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #95
hookedoncrafts
Earning My Ears

Moving to 2014!

Hi all - unfortunately, we had to move our family cruise to 2014. Just too much this year.
I hope you have a great time!!!
-Amy
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #96
pipertoad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDog View Post
One other idea I'll throw out - on our cruise last June, a bunch of us that met up on Facebook ended up booking the private room at Palo's for brunch. You need at least 12 people, but there is no extra charge beyond the normal Palo's charge. It was a great way to meet up with everyone and a nice way to get a Palo's reservation (which can be difficult!). Anyone interested?
My wife and would be interested in a Palo meet. It is our first cruise and i expect it to be difficult to get a Palo brunch reservation once we can make are ressies at the 75 day mark. This may help a lot.

I seen people mention tasting/mixology meets too we would be interested in one of those also but i have no idea how to arrange one.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2015 B2B Jan 12 & Jan 16 Dream Bahamas
2013 Aug 25 4nt Dream Bahamas
2011 Oct POR - 10th wedding anniversary trip
2010 Jan POR
pipertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #97
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
Hi Melissa

I've never used google docs before. When I open it and try to add our info it won't allow me to. It says up top "view only".

How do I add us to the FE?

Thank you.
Kelli
disregard the google docs link. MyCathryn has taken over the list. She asked for info to be emailed to her.

~Melissa
LissaW16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #98
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCathryn View Post

If you are interested in participating, please email me at CathrynsCloset@aol.com.
Please send the following information that will be shared with everyone participating as we get closer to the cruse...
Name
DisName
Cabin Number
Age/Genders of the kids going
Which Dinner seating you were assigned
Favorite Characters
Allergies
Special Needs/Special Event you are celebrating
Would you like to participate in an on-board meetup?

The final date to participate is July 25th. I would need all the info in by then so it can be distributed and the magic can begin!!

Its going to be a fun!
Re-posting this for everyone.
LissaW16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #99
princess7070
Earning My Ears

I think we are going to pass on the FE this time. I am def signing my kids up for the kids club. I think they will love it and get to meet some new friends. We are also going to fly out the day before. I priced a shuttle to take us to Cape Canaveral which isnt so bad and then just stay over at a hotel which is half mile to the port.
princess7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #100
MyCathryn
DVC Member

Princess7070 See you on the ship!

DVC Member Since November 2011
Off Site 1985 : Off Site 1986 : POFQ 1992 : Off Site 1993 : AS Sport March 1999 : AS Sport May 2003 first trip with DH : CBR December 2007 DD's first trip : POFQ April 2009 : POFQ December 2010 DS's first trip : Wyndham DTD Weekend Trip November 2011 : AKL-Kidani May 2012 : BCV/Disney Dream August 2013 first DCL : VWL/Disney Wonder April 2015 10 yr anniversary trip!
MyCathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #101
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by realfam View Post
Morning all

Just catching up on my DIS reading with a coffee. Welcome to everyone new joining. You count our family in on fish extenders. I will forward all the info.
Most of our planning is done, but were still searching for a reasonable flight to our MCO on the 25th. The airlines have been fairly expensive lately not offering many deals, whats with that
I booked ours on Southwest as soon as they became available and they were by far the cheapest. Have you considered driving to Detroit and flying from there? And for what it's worth we are flying down on the 24th. I worry about flight delays and missing the ship.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #102
realfam
Love the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEGrant View Post
I booked ours on Southwest as soon as they became available and they were by far the cheapest. Have you considered driving to Detroit and flying from there? And for what it's worth we are flying down on the 24th. I worry about flight delays and missing the ship.
We too are leaving on the 24th. Don't really want to drive to Detroit. I am considering flying into Tampa or Melbourne though. I am currently looking a Southwest flight for $156 pp, not great but still better than flying from Toronto. We'll see I just want to get it booked so I don't have to worry about it.
Sept'05 Fort Wilderness for 8 days, Sept'07 MNSSHP, Sept21-29, 2007 DCL Western Cruise, Aug 18-27 First DVC trip to SSR & AKV, Oct 11, 2008 DCL Eastern Carribean on the Magic, Dec'08 SSR & OKW, Jan'09 AKL, April10-27 East Bound Transatlantic with 3 days in Barcelona
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #103
realfam
Love the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaW16 View Post
Re-posting this for everyone.
Hi there,

I did send a email for our family wanting to participate in the FE with everyone. I was just wondering if it was received by who ever is taking care of it (thank you by the way). I didn't see our name of the google spreadsheet

Can someone let me know if they received it.

Cheers
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #104
MyCathryn
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realfam View Post
Hi there,

I did send a email for our family wanting to participate in the FE with everyone. I was just wondering if it was received by who ever is taking care of it (thank you by the way). I didn't see our name of the google spreadsheet

Can someone let me know if they received it.

Cheers

Thanks I received your information!

DVC Member Since November 2011
Off Site 1985 : Off Site 1986 : POFQ 1992 : Off Site 1993 : AS Sport March 1999 : AS Sport May 2003 first trip with DH : CBR December 2007 DD's first trip : POFQ April 2009 : POFQ December 2010 DS's first trip : Wyndham DTD Weekend Trip November 2011 : AKL-Kidani May 2012 : BCV/Disney Dream August 2013 first DCL : VWL/Disney Wonder April 2015 10 yr anniversary trip!
MyCathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #105
realfam
Love the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCathryn View Post
Thanks I received your information!
Great Thanks again for your efforts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: