Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #136
disneytheway
Mouseketeer

OMG I was laughing so hard after reading this posts about last night. I stay up too until late to book everything online, them i was so excited that i couldn't sleep until very very late

I booked the Dolphin encounter for Nassau and a dinner at the last night of the cruise at Palo for a date with hubby

Plans to surprise the boys with the cruise still going on (they have absolute no clue). So far, they are receiving the characters phone call the morning of, but first i got Duffy sailor outfits and will write a letter of invitation "from captain Mickey", inviting them to go on the cruise, those will be delivered to them during breakfast at Olivia's in OKW by a helpful employee!

Any other idea for the surprise will be appreciated!

Hope most of us are good with reservations and we are looking forward to make great new friends on the cruise.

Now back to get those FE gifts ready!

(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #137
Jammy93
Earning My Ears

Cheribelle - we'll be doing the stingsray excursion too - I can hardly wait!
Jammy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #138
OCLover
Earning My Ears

Hello all! We will be joining you on this cruise. Booked it way back in October and this will be our third cruise but first time as single parent. Last cruise was the WB Repo Cruise aboard the magic back in 2008 and can't wait to see what the Dream is all about. I am 42 and will be traveling with DS (10) and DD (8). Kids are looking forward to the clubs and activities - so I feel I will have a lot of free time on my hands! I was able to do early check-in and have Atlantis booked for the day and even a spa time for me on day at sea. No Palo for me this trip but looking forward to the fun none-the-less! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
DCL - 4 night Bahamas aboard Dream - August 2013
OCLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #139
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLover View Post
Hello all! We will be joining you on this cruise. Booked it way back in October and this will be our third cruise but first time as single parent. Last cruise was the WB Repo Cruise aboard the magic back in 2008 and can't wait to see what the Dream is all about. I am 42 and will be traveling with DS (10) and DD (8). Kids are looking forward to the clubs and activities - so I feel I will have a lot of free time on my hands! I was able to do early check-in and have Atlantis booked for the day and even a spa time for me on day at sea. No Palo for me this trip but looking forward to the fun none-the-less! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
HI OClover

Like you, I'm a single parent traveling with kids your age as well. 2 boys 10 and 8. I'm not sure what to expect as far as my boys and how they will take to the clubs. Knowing them, they will love them.

I had Remy brunch booked but cancelled because I just didn't want to do it solo.

If you find yourself bored, I'd be happy to meet for coffee in Cove Cafe.

I still hope we do a cruise meet with everyone.

P.S. Are you in the Facebook group for the cruise?

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #140
OCLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
HI OClover

Like you, I'm a single parent traveling with kids your age as well. 2 boys 10 and 8. I'm not sure what to expect as far as my boys and how they will take to the clubs. Knowing them, they will love them.

I had Remy brunch booked but cancelled because I just didn't want to do it solo.

If you find yourself bored, I'd be happy to meet for coffee in Cove Cafe.

I still hope we do a cruise meet with everyone.

P.S. Are you in the Facebook group for the cruise?
Oh nice to meet you! No I haven't joined the FB group yet! I will be sure to do so!
DCL - 4 night Bahamas aboard Dream - August 2013
OCLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #141
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

Dumb Rule

I need to have made 10 posts in order to include a link. So stand by for 7 posts with little information so that I can post the important one with the link to the FE list.
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #142
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

FE Update

The current FE list has 34 cabins and 99 people. I think that is too many. So if everyone doesn't object I am going to split the list into two. You can give to your list, or everyone, up to you. This has worked well for us on past cruises.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #143
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

FE Closing Date

I am also setting a closing date for the list of June 26th. That gives 2 months for the crafty people to make their gifts, and everyone else to buy them.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #144
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

FE Still Open

Did I mention that the FE list is still open?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #145
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

Embarkation

Anyone else "have" to wear matching shirts for embarkation day?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #146
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

FE List Link

This is the link for the current FE list. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...FE%20List.xlsx

So the list is still open. If you are interested let me know.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #147
cheribelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothynt View Post
This is the link for the current FE list. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...FE%20List.xlsx

So the list is still open. If you are interested let me know.
I see my name on there but don't think I meant to sign up. Can you remove me?
Not trying to be a party pooper but its our first cruise and i just want to check things out
Thanks and sorry!!
cheribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #148
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothynt View Post
Anyone else "have" to wear matching shirts for embarkation day?
LOL. Be a good hubby and wear that beautiful shirt with pride!

We are wearing matching shirts. They are red with a big muppets Animal on the front. It was a toss up between Animal and Perry the Platypus .

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #149
sam.diss@btinternet.
poppy100

I cant seem to open the link ?? Am I doing something wrong ?
sam.diss@btinternet. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #150
baleeve

I can't get it to open at work (darn security) and I can't get it to open at home (no excel) SO I guess I will have to hand write it all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: