Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
alvernon90
Unable to think of a clever tag.......but doesn't have to, the Tag Fairy will just colorize him! :)

Ecuador and Galapagos Trip change - thoughts?

We just received the letter today saying that the itinerary for our July Highlands/Galapagos trip has been changed. It appears that we will no longer be staying at Hacienda Cusin, and will be staying at Hacienda Pinsaqui instead.

Can anyone who has been tell me if this is a good or bad thing? Anyone have any speculation on the reason for the change?
alvernon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
K and K's Mommy
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
DIS Veteran
SpectroMagic and the fireworks after it are pure Disney magic
Try a Chocolate Wave next time you're in The Land

From my DD 10 (who was 9 on the trip with my parents): she thinks the Hacienda Pinsaqui might be a bit "fancier." "They had cool chandeliers."
She says it was very nice, but she can't remember the food very well. The Hacienda Pinsaqui is where she did the art project. They also had a tour of it. My DD also liked that there were some horses there.

Hopefully, an adult will come along and give their opinion for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Dahly
Mouseketeer

I remember the public spaces at Hacienda Pinsaqui being larger than Cusin and a bit more "plush" , but we did not see any of the guest rooms, so I can't compare those. Cusin was somewhat spread out..we needed a flashlight for the walk back to the room after dinner.

At Cusin, they have a "hidden" room that was really fun for the kids to find. It was also within walking distance of a rose plantation - where we got a surprise tour.

The one meal we had at Pinsaqui (lunch) was good. I do remember thinking I would have liked to stay there on a return trip..so there must have been something I liked.
We went in 2009 - so if I remember anything else, I will add.

Honestly though, either place will be great. We had such a good time, DS, who was 11 at the time, talks about going back at least once a week....

And my son just reminded me they had peacocks at Pinsaqui...
Dahly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
alvernon90
Unable to think of a clever tag.......but doesn't have to, the Tag Fairy will just colorize him! :)

Thanks for the replies. I assumed that there would be a good reason for the switch, and I'm sure we won't be disappointed.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
sjlsk8r
Mouseketeer

We enjoyed our stay at Hacienda Cusin tremendously. With that being said, it was pretty much unanamous that one of the best meals we had was lunch at Pinsaqui! So while I have no complaints about Cusin, I would be more than happy to hear that we were staying at Pinsaqui if we were to take the trip again. I do agree that the space is larger there which may be one reason to make a switch. The dining area got pretty crowded at breakfast when everyone was there.
sjlsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
kristilew
DIS Veteran

I will be interested to see if we get a letter for our December trip, or if this is a one-time change. So far haven't heard anything.

Either way, alvernon90, we'll be looking forward to your review!
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
pipch
Earning My Ears

change date

- Hi there we haven't received our change letter yet - although snail mail takes longer here to Barbados.
What date are you going? We are on the 17th July trip?
I am assuming it is every itinerary? Do you know?
Thanks

Pip
pipch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipch View Post
- Hi there we haven't received our change letter yet - although snail mail takes longer here to Barbados.
What date are you going? We are on the 17th July trip?
I am assuming it is every itinerary? Do you know?
Thanks

Pip
I'd call ABD to find that out. I wouldn't assume it was every itinerary at this point. There may have just been some sort of conflict with the "old hotel" for the week alvernon90 is going (a wedding? some other type of large private party?). The website still says Hacienda Cusín. I would think if it was a change for all itineraries, they'd update that.

But it never hurts to ask!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

We have also had a change to one of our hotels for our Peru trip this summer - letters were sent out last week. As I have done the trip previously, and really did not like the previous hotel or think that it was worthy of ABD, I was very pleased to learn of the change.

It is my understanding (from a reliable source) that ABD is tweaking many of the trips for 2012 and 2013 with regards to replacing some of the hotels that have gotten less than stellar reviews from the guests.

I think this is a welcome change and nice to see they are finally listening to guest feedback
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Hacienda Pinsaqui is a wonderful place!!! I would have preferred to stay there honestly. Our room was right next to the road in Cusin and at 6 am, you can clearly hear the buses honking their horns and unloading the workers in the nearby rose factory (which is now officially part of the tour). The view in Pinsaqui is simply amazing and it is much more peaceful since it's way back from the main road. The manager (forgot his name at the moment) is somewhat of an eye candy, our guide Rae made sure she had pictures taken of him. hahaha!

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
Hacienda Pinsaqui is a wonderful place!!! I would have preferred to stay there honestly. Our room was right next to the road in Cusin and at 6 am, you can clearly hear the buses honking their horns and unloading the workers in the nearby rose factory (which is now officially part of the tour). The view in Pinsaqui is simply amazing and it is much more peaceful since it's way back from the main road. The manager (forgot his name at the moment) is somewhat of an eye candy, our guide Rae made sure she had pictures taken of him. hahaha!
Heheheheh! I can totally see Rae doing that!

Sayhello
Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #12
alvernon90

Pip, we are going on the July 17th trip as well. I'm sure you will get the letter soon -- if our hotel is changed, so is yours! I expect we shall be meeting in a few months.

Glad to hear such great things about the changed hotel. It seems most likely that this is a temporary switch, though the reason given in the letter is that Hacienda Pinsaqui "offers a superior experience then [sic] the hotel we previously featured on our itinerary."

Whatever the reason and whatever the future plan, I'm sure we won't be disappointed on this trip.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Thinking back on all my research; Im pretty sure it's been mentioned in reviews that HP has been a "stop" during the "highlands" part of the tour, and I know I ve read at least one review (was it yours Tuffbuff?) that speculated they'd rather stay at HP than HC, and wondered why not.

I depart in August and haven't got a letter, (but it would likely go to my TA forst) so I guess I don't know if our Aug departure has changed too. Or it could be a one shot deal due to an event at HC. I ahve to call my TA next week anyway, so i will ask her and post if I get any info on the situation!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Last year at this time we were in the Galapagos. Every day this week we've been reminiscing about where we were and what we were doing on each day. On this date last year we were on Fernandina. We've got 6 more days to go before we get to reminisce about coming home. I hope you all have a wonderful time like we did. I'm sure you will! It is an amazing place.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Last year at this time we were in the Galapagos. Every day this week we've been reminiscing about where we were and what we were doing on each day. On this date last year we were on Fernandina. We've got 6 more days to go before we get to reminisce about coming home. I hope you all have a wonderful time like we did. I'm sure you will! It is an amazing place.

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: