Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #31
planningjollyholiday
DIS Veteran

Last week we bought flights through JetBlue from Seattle to long beach for end of September/beggining of October. For four of us to fly round trip it cost us $440, plus with JetBlue you get one checked bag free. I know it's a pain to drive to Seattle but for those prices it's worth it. We will drive down the night before we leave and stay at a park sleep fly hotel where if you stay one night you can park at the hotel for a week. You can't even get one round trip flight from yvr for that prices!!!!!!
planningjollyholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #32
tania7424
Earning My Ears

We're flying AS from YVR-LAX, Oct 4-8. There's a 610am flight that gives us all of the 4th there, plus the flight home is at 905pm, giving us most of the day on the 8th. We did a package vacation, and all in including the Tropicana, 5 day PH for the price of 4, character meals and transfers was $2800 for my family of 4. Not too shabby. That's booking through Alaska's website.

tania7424 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #33
CSAColl
Mouseketeer

We booked Allegiant from Bellingham to San Diego for $141.50 round trip all taxes in. SUH-WEET!

Also I don't think Mainlanders get to complain about having to drive ALL the way to Bellingham for a cheaper flight. It's $150 round trip just to get off the island.
CSAColl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #34
LittleToni
Official Member of the Dis-Boards Lurker Club!

Go canucks go!
LittleToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #35
PetePanMan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc72 View Post
A couple options to consider. If you were willing to do the drive to Seattle, the airfare prices are considerably lower. There are some great park-sleep-fly packages out of there. (when we went to Hawaii last year, the cost to stay and park in Seattle was less than YVR parking).

If you don't want the drive, we used the Alaska Air credit card. If you sign up, they give you 25000 airmiles which is enough for 1 ticket return to LA, you also get a $99 companion fare, which would cover the 2nd ticket.

Other than that, you have a bit of time, so you might want to watch for some seat sales. They seem to come up fairly regularly with West Jet and Air Canada.
Alaska credit card is great option (one we now use). As well, we noticed when we booked that flights from Bellingham to Seattle to SNA (John Wayne) were cheaper than from Seattle to SNA/LAX. Good luck!
PetePanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #36
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

I would definitely NOT recommend Allegiant. Yes, they frequently have very cheap fares, but their customer service is abysmal, and their flights are very frequently delayed. The one and only time we got "cheap" flights on Allegiant, they canceled the flight, wouldn't reschedule us for three days, and it ended up costing us over $1200 additional to not have our vacation ruined (by flying Alaska).

When I looked at their ratings on airlinequality.com, it seems this is pretty standard operating procedure for them.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #37
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Another BC'er checking in.

I've flown Allegient out of BLI to LAX several times and it is a direct flight. I believe there is a stop over in SEA if you are flying into one of the other airports.

I've always had excellent service with Alligient. One time I had a serious blond moment and screwed up my online booking and had us coming home the same day we got there (oops) and when I called they changed my return flights and didn't charge me any change fees and actually saved me money! A friend of mine also had a booking snafu and once again, they changed it no problems, no fees.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #38
lwilkison
Mouseketeer

We ended up booking SEA to LAX RT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by planningjollyholiday View Post
Last week we bought flights through JetBlue from Seattle to long beach for end of September/beggining of October. For four of us to fly round trip it cost us $440, plus with JetBlue you get one checked bag free. I know it's a pain to drive to Seattle but for those prices it's worth it. We will drive down the night before we leave and stay at a park sleep fly hotel where if you stay one night you can park at the hotel for a week. You can't even get one round trip flight from yvr for that prices!!!!!!
Thanks for the great idea!

We ended up going with SEA to LAX because we got Alaska flying down and Virgin coming back to SEA for $104 each way pp.

We booked a hotel in Federal Way for $150 and that includes a 2 room suite...plus 10 days of (secured) parking, shuttle to/from airport and warm full breakfast for EVERYONE in our party (3 adults and a 4 yr old and a 12 yr old)...

I wish I could of stayed with Westjet but they can't match that...
lwilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
lwilkison
Mouseketeer

was an islander...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSAColl View Post
We booked Allegiant from Bellingham to San Diego for $141.50 round trip all taxes in. SUH-WEET!

Also I don't think Mainlanders get to complain about having to drive ALL the way to Bellingham for a cheaper flight. It's $150 round trip just to get off the island.
I know...we just moved to the mainland. We used to do the ferry..drive to airport/border thing...

LONG LONG days.

Now it is easier that we live in New Westminster, BC. We frequently just drive across the border for something to do.
lwilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #40
Tinker1972
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow BC'ers! We're from Port Coquitlam...we booked SEA to LAX for $149 return on Virgin America. We've never flown Virgin before but for the price, it was too good to pass up! We usually fly Allegiant from Bellingham but their flights just didn't work out for us this trip (Oct 11-16th). The drive to Seattle is definately worth it for our family of 6...we do it quite frequently and its never taken us more than 2 hours to get to Seattle. We are staying in Seattle the night before, hotel, breakfast and can leave our vehicle there for up to 7 days. Can't wait!!!!!!
Tinker1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilkison View Post
Hey Everyone!

We have booked Hojo for Oct. 5 to Oct. 14!! We are coming back after almost 2 years

This time we are going to be a bit more people...as we are bringing our 11 turning 12 year old niece (she will turn 12 @ DLR and she doesn't even know about the trip yet).

There will be myself (DW) my DH our DD (4 yrs old) and then BIL and niece.

SO EXCITED!

Flights are redonculously expensive right now...last time we flew YVR to LX and return the flights were $350 return each. Right now they are $550 return. Owch!

Any advice from the board about ways to get the best deal on flights? I can usually find pretty good prices through travel agent with Westjet and flying with Westjet is how we flew last time with our then 2 1/2 yr old DD and they were totally on her team...after waiting for plane to deboard we got all of our stuff and ALL THE CREW were waiting to give our DD high-fives

Oh, so excited to finally be going back! (Did I mention that already?!)

Thanks for all your wonderful help DIS board members
If you can afford a little more time, there are a lot of good deals on Alaska Airlines from Seattle to-from SNA. You can take the QuickShuttle directly from many of the downtown Vancouver hotels, as well as YVR, to Sea-Tac and pick up a flight there. You can go home the same way, and they usually have pretty good round-trip fares, as well as discounts for kids.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #42
madmaxx
Earning My Ears

We booked Air Canada in June for Nov (YVR to LAX), and it was 260 per person. We had been thinking of trying Bellingham to SNA, but all the flights we found had layovers in Seattle. Driving to Seattle makes for a long travel day and we didn't see many deals that made it worth it. I did notice that midweek flights were almost half off, and 2-3 months out seemed to show the best rates overall.

We considered driving to Anaheim this year too, but calculating the cost of gas, extra hotels, and added Kms on the car it also wasn't worth it ... Though it is a pretty cool drive.
madmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #43
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

Madmaxx $260 pp YVR to LAX is an awesome deal! Although taxes and fees probably really add to it. That's really the advantage of a Us departure.
You just have to weigh the options. Layovers add $, parking and hotel nights add $ but like the other poster said for a grop of 6 SEA can really be worth it.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #44
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

And mellers, I might just try the quick shuttle to SEA trick one day. But we'd have to leave our car somewhere.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: