Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
selphie
Earning My Ears

Pop Century transport to Fort Wilderness

Hi!

My husband booked our first vacation to Disney Pop Century Hotel. It was a nice surprise for me and my children more than it's my dream since I was little. My parents have just decided to come with us and go with their camper van at Fort Wilderness campground. Do you know if it is complicated to be able to get from one place to another? Is it long? Because I don't wanna waste my time in transit, I wish I could enjoy this journey and see what we can see. Transport (bus, boat, ...) are they all free?

Thank you very much for the informations

Last edited by selphie; 03-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.
selphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Goofy4
DIS Veteran

All free.

By "hotel at campsite" do you mean the Wilderness Lodge hotel, or do you need to travel to their campsite?

Generally, to travel between resorts you need to first go to a Theme Park by bus and transfer to another bus to your destination. So yes, it can take a while (30-60 minutes).

The Fort Wilderness campground is very big, and has internal transportation up to the "front" of the campground. From their you can travel by bus to the theme parks. At the "back" of the campground you can travel by boat to the Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary Resort.

FW Map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)
Goofy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
selphie
Earning My Ears

thank you!!! You are very fast to reply

yes, I need to travel from the Pop Century to the campsite where my parents stay all week in their camper van...

thank you again for all information and the map! I really appreciate!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are traveling to Fort Wilderness from Pop Century, plan on a one and a half hour or more trip each way. There is no direct transportation from your resort to their resort. Just getting to a theme park might take 30 to 45 minutes. And then you have to wait for the next form of transportation, whether another bus or a boat. And at Ft Wilderness, there are two bus systems. One that gets you to and from the theme parks and one that gets you around the camp grounds.

Why not just get them to meet you at a park? Or ask them to get a room at Pop Century instead?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

If they dont have a car with the trailer or motorhome the best way to get from PC to FW is most likely bus to the Magic Kingdom and then ride the boat over to FW. I would estimate 45-60 min's time. This will drop you off at the "Settlement" which is where the restaurant, Hoop-de-doo Review, and 1 of the 2 trading posts (store) are located in Fort Wilderness. From here you can catch the in-resort bus to the loop where the RV is located.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
selphie
Earning My Ears

thank you everyone for your replies! Finally, I think the best choice is that my parents also staying at Pop Century as mentioned by Deb & Bill.

According to your estimates and the map, this is far from each other and can't afford to lose a lot of time in bus if we want to enjoy all the attractions of the parks...

You are really nice to have answered me, this forum is really great!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
Rod W Camping fam
Disney traveler since '72

Wink

Having camped for there with the kids, grandparents, extended fam and friends for years I can tell you that sometimes you are definitely better off just hopping in the car from the Fort. Everyone is right, it can eat up an hour on the buses. We do ride Disney transportation for fun, like the boats or monorail, and the boats are a great way to go to MK or the Contemporary to catch a monorail. But for any other park or for Downtown Disney, the buses are SLOW...
Rod W Camping fam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fort wilderness camping, pop century resort, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: