Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
LittleToni
Official Member of the Dis-Boards Lurker Club!

Back From DL Trip Report!

Hi and welcome to all who come to this happy thread

Disneyland trip from Aug 23-29th.

AWESOME!!! hehe. My brother went for the first 4 days of 6 then I was alone the last 2 days (which is 1 day too many to be alone at DL I think lol).

Anyways, we had so much fun! First afternoon after landing at LAX then going to room at the Carousel Inn and Suites we simply got our park hopper's and walked around DL and DCA going on rides and scoping out the yellow fire hydrant (hehe) for World of Color in DCA blue section and also checking out the light pole trick in DL for Fantasmic later on in the day. We were already excited for the next day to arrive lol so we went back to hotel earlier, around 10pm to get a good sleep for early rope drop the next day

Aug 24: Woke up to the sound of footsteps going by our door lol So we got up, got ready, (we took turns getting the complimentary breakfast each morning while the other got ready), and headed out the door to our first ever rope drop lol. We were ready with all the great info I studied on this site.

After Main Street rope drop, CM's were very present up both sides, yay, we walked briskly but not too fast, to ST and got FP's right away, then we rode ST. It worked out perfect and just like Hydro's guides said. FP time was only 45 minutes to wait so we then rode SM which had no wait time at all really. We then walked to Mansion, walked right on, then Pirates, walk on as well, then we both did single rider at Indy, got on in 5 minutes. After, we went back and got 2 more ST FP's! So far we rode ST, SM, Pirates, HM, Indy, and have 2 FP's each for ST later on and all in the first hour and half LOL. We were in DL heaven!!!

Next FP time by then, since we got ST FP's were now in the 2 hour range so we walked around a little jumping on BTMR with a 15 minute stand by and the less popular rides like WTPooh, woot! Around 11 am we went to DCA and got FP's for SOC and then walked on to TOT with a small standby time, maybe 10 minutes. After we went on Bugs Life (awesome as ever), then we single rider CS (what a blast!) was on it in less than 5 minutes, if that. Did that quite a few times over the next 5 days as well as single riding Indy, GSS, and other's. Before leaving DCA we got TOT FP's.

By 1pm it was so hot!! lol Man, whoever invented air conditioning needs a statue! We went back to our room and refreshed with showers, food, and new clothes. We relaxed until around 4pm then were ready for the afternoon! FP's in hand we hit DL and got SM FP, rode ST with our 1st of 2 FP's we had for it and continued to use FP and single rider.

This is how the trip went as each day came and went FP's for ST, SM, BTMR, TOT, SOC, other's, then walk on to Pirates, Mansion, Blasters, etc., and Single Rider for Indy, Splash, Screamin', GSS. We hardly ever stood in a standby line longer than 15 minutes as we never had to It felt like we were going on every ride whenever we wanted too lol That's the way to roll We were so happy. The only lines we waited for was Nemo, Mermaid, and Toy Story, and Mermaid ride was fast loader so it was not that bad anyways. We did those 3 rides only once and felt that was good enough, we just wanted to ride them to see them once anyways

Saw World of Color and got blue zone FP (ticket) for 10:15pm show. We waited at GRR FP machines until they sold out the 9pm show so we got blue zone right away We got there and were overwhelmed by the line up of thousands of people lol. We were way back and thought what the hey is going on lol but as we were herded up I said there it is, the yellow fire hydrant. It was completely open as all the other people were following the cattle drive (hehe). I said to my brother to step to the side and get by the rail and do not move lol. It was perfect!! No one in front and you had an almost straight on view of the show. And the show was fantastic!

Saw Fantasmic by the light pole stand which was awesome as well, and even though I was by myself for the last couple days I watched the Fireworks on the last night of the trip while facing the Walt and Mickey Statue in the hub and the Castle behind them. It was the perfect spot behind the benches they set out for people in the small walkway, they sat while I stood with no one in front of me but the man and the mouse Both Tinkerbell and Dumbo flew and I was beaming lol An awesome fireworks show that only Disney can do!

Also, I saw the Aladdin Show and was blown away by how good, and funny, it was. I wish my brother saw it and I recommend it to all. It was great!

Ate at the gumbo in a bread bowl place (hehe) by Pirates, also got my iced mocha's there as well! Had our dole whip floats, turkey legs, mickey pretzels and churros!! Also we ate at the Pizza Port by SM. I had the chicken on pasta dish and I was really suprised at how good it was. I will eat there again as pasta is great for carbs to keep you going Filled up the water bottle as we went as well. Use bathroom taps to fill bottle as water fountains seem to be on the warm side and low water pressure, also you are out of other's way who want a drink lol

Okay, I think that pretty much sums it up Overall, I/we had an AWESOME time. We rode every major ride numerous times, ST about 20 times and never once waited in the 50-60 minute stand by line for it.

The Carousel Inn was great too. A little noisy but the air conditoning drowned alot out and we were so tired by end of the day that we fell right asleep anyways for the most part. I would get a room farther back the next time as I think that would cut out some of the noise With that said, the 5 minute walk to the DL main gates made it all worth it anyways. We could come and go from the parks as we wanted and not worry about shuttles etc. I would stay there again for sure

One last note I want to thank all of you who responded to my questions and especially to Hydroguy for his incredibly helpfull and so right on "guide posts". You all helped make this DL trip the best it could ever have possibly been! Thank you from the bottom of my Disney heart

LittleToni

Edit: We also used Early Magic Morning to ride all the Fantasyland rides like Mr. Toads, Pinnochio, and Peter Pan. Walked on all of them right away, no waiting except maybe a few minutes for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Last edited by LittleToni; 08-31-2011 at 07:27 PM.
LittleToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
mikeyas
Earning My Ears

Sounds like an amazing trip!!! Thanks for the report!
mikeyas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
maryrm
Mouseketeer

Little Toni,

We were there at the same time. I didn't think the lines/crowds were bad at all. yes, though, it was HOT but we rode grizzly to help w/the weather.

sounds like you had a great trip - so did we!

mary
maryrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I like this guy, Michael Faraday, did he invent AC, no. But did figure out the scientific cycle that would be applied by Willis Carrier the father of modern air conditioning. Everyone has heard of Carrier air conditioning. But I can not find a picture of a statue of him. I would guess he has a statue at University of Syracuse.

Sounds like your planning made it go quite well. Glad you had fun.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
LittleToni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyas View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip!!! Thanks for the report!
It was!!!! I am starting to save my pennies again haha. yw

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrm View Post
Little Toni,

We were there at the same time. I didn't think the lines/crowds were bad at all. yes, though, it was HOT but we rode grizzly to help w/the weather.

sounds like you had a great trip - so did we!

mary
Lines were not bad at all for us too! Made it so much better I wonder how many times we passed each other? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I like this guy, Michael Faraday, did he invent AC, no. But did figure out the scientific cycle that would be applied by Willis Carrier the father of modern air conditioning. Everyone has heard of Carrier air conditioning. But I can not find a picture of a statue of him. I would guess he has a statue at University of Syracuse.

Sounds like your planning made it go quite well. Glad you had fun.
LOL ty Yes he needs a statue! And planning made it so much better. We flew on and off rides like Peter Pan through a window, haha.

Last edited by LittleToni; 08-31-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Wow ~ I'm impressed, you got so much accomplished and had a fantastic time! Good for you. Do you plan to return? If so when?
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
maryrm
Mouseketeer

LOL...yes, so true...we probably passed each other several times!
maryrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
LittleToni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Wow ~ I'm impressed, you got so much accomplished and had a fantastic time! Good for you. Do you plan to return? If so when?
Yes, we saw it all! I sure hope to get back soon. It took 6 years from my last trip for the DL 50th Birthday in 2005 but I plan on making it back before 2017 lol (famous last words?) hehe Time sure flies though, ugh lol
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #9
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Your trip report really got me excited, I'll be at Disneyland in 12 days !!! So glad you had such an amazing time, but then again, how could you not lol !

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Thank you for sharing.

I'm going to go ahead & move your report to the Trip Reports board.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
quantumottle
DIS Veteran

I know it's from last year, but I just had to say "Thank You" for this great trip report LittleToni. I can't wait to read your next report...
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #12
LittleToni

lol ty and yw I hope you will read my next trip report sooner rather than later haha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: