Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
wendow
DIS Veteran

Ack, thanks. I really only need a couple of things delivered. I am bringing most everything my son will need that Disney doesn't have. Just a couple things I am wrestling with.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

We looked into this when we were just down there and a few things to take note of:

- the delivery fee to the Disney resorts is $30 plus a mandatory tip.
- you must contact the one person in the store who coordinate the deliveries via email at least 48 hours prior to your hoped for delivery time. Personally, knowing this, I would set it up a week before I left.
-you email a list of what you want delivered to the delivery coordinator and then they will email you back saying if that is all available or not, and then you will schedule the delivery from there.

I called when I was down there, hoping to have a few things delivered that we had brought but were starting to run low on, namely rice cakes and coconut milk. The whole "at least 48 hours til delivery" thing really killed it for us, and I wish I would have realized that before we left so I could have known to schedule a delivery before we even left. It doesn't seem like they have a list of available products to send to you, so you will have to know what you want and ask for things specifically. If you are like me and you are ordering things because you are dealing with multiple food allergies, you may need to do a scouting trip at your local Whole Foods and make sure you have all the exact brands written down to assure that you get the correct item. Overall, its a great service and I'm really excited that they are delivering now, but it does require a bit of planning ahead
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

For $30 plus tip, I'd think you could just take a taxi there & shop. That way you could get exactly what you wanted.
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
For $30 plus tip, I'd think you could just take a taxi there & shop. That way you could get exactly what you wanted.

We considered that too, but I guess the advantage would be not wasting 2+ hours of your vacation. Assuming that you set it up ahead of time and everything works out well with the delivery times, it would just show up and you could put away the cold stuff and be on your way. I guess you're paying for the convenience of your time, and only you can decide what's worth more- picking your stuff out in person or having that chunk of time on vacation.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
antree
DIS Veteran

$30.00 delivery is alot Wegoshop will do it for less, {Grocery receipt(s) total up to $50.00 = $18.00 shop & delivery service fee.} They will go to any store you want. We used them last August and they were GREAT, delivered on time and very nice.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post
$30.00 delivery is alot Wegoshop will do it for less, {Grocery receipt(s) total up to $50.00 = $18.00 shop & delivery service fee.} They will go to any store you want. We used them last August and they were GREAT, delivered on time and very nice.
How does wegoshop work with their fees & tip?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #22
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post
Shop & Delivery Rates:

Grocery receipt(s) total up to $50.00 = $18.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $50.00 - $100.00 = $23.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $100.00 - $200.00 = $28.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total between $200.00 - $300.00 = $38.00 shop & delivery service fee

Grocery receipt(s) total over $300.00 = 13% of grocery receipt(s) total, shop & delivery service fee

Additional Fees:

Shop from more than one store - $5.00 per each additional store

A gratuity of 10% of the grocery receipt(s) total will be added to all orders that are left at bell services

http://www.wegoshop.com/location15.html

and :Effective March 1st, 2012 a temporary $2.00 fuel surcharge will be added to all deliveries due to the rising cost of fuel. We appreciate your understanding and sincerely thank you for your business and look forward to removing this surcharge in the future.

After hours service may be available at an additional charge, please call to determine availability.

Please understand that due to the demand of our services, all deliveries are subject to the availability of our shoppers at the time of order placement. We will however do our best to accommodate you for the time of your request.

If we find it necessary to use a time frame, we will first inform you when taking or confirming your order.

Online orders are for next day and later date delivery only. Please call to arrange any type of same day delivery service.

Age appropriate identification is required for all age restricted items purchased on your behalf.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #23
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPT1022 View Post
You can go to their website at http://www.wegoshop.com, no tip was added to our bill but we did give them an $18.00 tip. I was splitting the bill with another family.
livndisney did list the fees, I was concerned too about any hidden fees, so I called them before I ordered with them. There are no other fees except for the ones listed.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran

thank you! So it seems that wegoshop has better (quicker) delivery, but honestly, for how expensive our allergy products are, we might wind up spending less on delivery fees with Whole Foods' flat rate. Good to know. But wegoshop would be cheaper and easier to set up if you are already down there and just run out of a few things (like we did this time)
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

This is great news. I was thinking about using magical express but the issue about going to whole foods to get safe foods was going to force me to rent a car.

Anyone know how either company does about picking our good fruits and veggies.
Since I can't eat most packaged food items It's one thing to deliver fruits and veggies but picking out decent food is important .

Are there reviews or experiences for these anywhere.

Tia
Connie
Old 09-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #26
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc View Post
This is great news. I was thinking about using magical express but the issue about going to whole foods to get safe foods was going to force me to rent a car.

Anyone know how either company does about picking our good fruits and veggies.
Since I can't eat most packaged food items It's one thing to deliver fruits and veggies but picking out decent food is important .

Are there reviews or experiences for these anywhere.

Tia
Connie
We used Wegoshop and had them go to Publix. We called Publix ahead of time and asked what food they had that we needed in the gluten free section.
Then we went through their online flyer a week before our trip and picked out everything else we wanted.

They will try their best to get you exactly what you want. They will asked if they could substitute anything they couldn't find. Because of my sons peanut and tree nut allergy, I told them exactly what brands I needed and if they couldn't get them not to to get anything.

It all worked out fine..We did not ask for fruit or vegetables, but if you look for the store flyers and see what they have and request what you need, I do believe they will do their best to get it.

I spoke with wegoshop 3 different times before I placed my order so they understood what I needed, they were very helpful. I called the grocery store and asked questions too about their food. everyone was very helpful.

I hope it all works out for you no matter who you use.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: