Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
IamErica
Mouseketeer

hopefully this thread isn't a ghost town. I have soooooo many questions and am having a hard time find them.
I want to take my son on a trip to Florida this coming winter (last week of Feb) and we have done the Disney, Universal, Royal Cruise and want to to do something different

I want to go to Busch Gardens and Sea World.

Hotels....
What hotels would be partner hotels to get the quick queue bands?
Are there shuttles to and from the hotel?
I have done a little research on Wingate... good? bad?

Time frame...
I am thinking of going Saturday Feb. 23 and flying home Thursday Feb. 28
I would like to try to fit in a day for the gulf coast.
Am I over reaching? Am I going to want more than a few days at each park?
Sea World in one day, BG in two? stay an extra day?
The dates are flexible.

Shuttle...
Is there a shuttle service between the two parks?
Is there a fee?

Additional Parks...
Would I really be kicking myself if we didn't do the water park or Discovery Cove? (we did do am amazing dolphin swim in Jamaica so would the cost be worth it again?)

WHAT IS A SUPER GROVER PASS???

Thanks for taking to time to respond!! Feel free to add anything hints!!
Disney World ~Pop Century February 2008
Disney World/ Universal Studios ~All Stars Music: Family trip Februaruy 2010
California girls trip/ Universal Studios Hollywood ~ March 2011
RCCL Caribbean cruise February 2012~ Mother and son trip
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013

Last edited by IamErica; 09-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
IamErica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
IamErica
Mouseketeer

anyone??
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErica View Post
I want to go to Busch Gardens and Sea World.

Hotels....
What hotels would be partner hotels to get the quick queue bands?
Are there shuttles to and from the hotel?
I have done a little research on Wingate... good? bad?

Time frame...
I am thinking of going Saturday Feb. 23 and flying home Thursday Feb. 28
I would like to try to fit in a day for the gulf coast.
Am I over reaching? Am I going to want more than a few days at each park?
Sea World in one day, BG in two? stay an extra day?
The dates are flexible.

Shuttle...
Is there a shuttle service between the two parks?
Is there a fee?

Additional Parks...
Would I really be kicking myself if we didn't do the water park or Discovery Cove? (we did do am amazing dolphin swim in Jamaica so would the cost be worth it again?)

WHAT IS A SUPER GROVER PASS???

Thanks for taking to time to respond!! Feel free to add anything hints!!
Okay, let's see if I can help with some of your questions:

The various SeaWorld partner hotels can be found here:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-or...rhotelsNEW.pdf

Numbers one through seven on the map (which are considered the official ONSITE SeaWorld hotels) will give you the free Quick Queue at SeaWorld (an awesome perk ) and free transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens.

I think Discovery Cove is absolutely worth a day of your vacation, even if you don't choose to do the dolphin swim (you can visit DC with or without the dolphin swim.....we have done both types of visits.....if you check out my trip reports in my signature, the January report includes Discovery Cove with the dolphin swim and two visits to SeaWorld. My August trip report includes two visits to Aquatica and a day resort only visit to DC). Discovery Cove is an amazing and beautiful park and its great for a relaxing day on an otherwise hectic vacation .

Aquatica is also worth a visit, if you are waterpark fans (I know my teen son is .... bet yours might be too).

If you have never been before, I would say two days at SeaWorld would be recommended. At least a full day at Busch Gardens (though I have never been.....just guessing on that one).

Information on the Super Grover pass can be found here:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/EStor...Passports.aspx

In a nutshell, here's what you get:

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place, SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons.

I believe the Super Grover pass also entitles you to discount admission at Discovery Cove, if you chose to add that on.

Regular priced DC admission also includes 14 days admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica. You also have the option to upgrade your ticket and add on BG (again, 14 days admission) for something like $20 pp (an excellent deal). So unless you were planning more trips back in the next year, you might want to price out the difference between Super Grover passes (which don't include DC) and the upgraded DC admission (which would include SW, AQ, and BG) to see what comes out best.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
IamErica
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Okay, let's see if I can help with some of your questions:

The various SeaWorld partner hotels can be found here:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-or...rhotelsNEW.pdf

Numbers one through seven on the map (which are considered the official ONSITE SeaWorld hotels) will give you the free Quick Queue at SeaWorld (an awesome perk ) and free transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens.

I think Discovery Cove is absolutely worth a day of your vacation, even if you don't choose to do the dolphin swim (you can visit DC with or without the dolphin swim.....we have done both types of visits.....if you check out my trip reports in my signature, the January report includes Discovery Cove with the dolphin swim and two visits to SeaWorld. My August trip report includes two visits to Aquatica and a day resort only visit to DC). Discovery Cove is an amazing and beautiful park and its great for a relaxing day on an otherwise hectic vacation .

Aquatica is also worth a visit, if you are waterpark fans (I know my teen son is .... bet yours might be too).

If you have never been before, I would say two days at SeaWorld would be recommended. At least a full day at Busch Gardens (though I have never been.....just guessing on that one).

Information on the Super Grover pass can be found here:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/EStor...Passports.aspx

In a nutshell, here's what you get:

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place, SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons.

I believe the Super Grover pass also entitles you to discount admission at Discovery Cove, if you chose to add that on.

Regular priced DC admission also includes 14 days admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica. You also have the option to upgrade your ticket and add on BG (again, 14 days admission) for something like $20 pp (an excellent deal). So unless you were planning more trips back in the next year, you might want to price out the difference between Super Grover passes (which don't include DC) and the upgraded DC admission (which would include SW, AQ, and BG) to see what comes out best.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions .
Thanks so much!!! I enjoyed your trip reports
I am leaning towards staying in Tampa and I discovered the shuttle between parks runs from Orlando so we would have to stay overnight in the Seaworld area. Still trying to crunch numbers. I will keep your name if we decide to concentrate on the Orlando area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: