Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #121
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

Sounds like your trips are all coming together!

That's so nice that you & your sister will get to go together in February. I'm really hoping we'll be there too.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #122
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,840

That race looks crazy! I think that having a childish mud fight would be fun- but I don't blame you for skipping that situation. Sloshing around in heavy muddy shoes in the cold is no my idea of vacation

I want to go for presidents day week so badly. My birthday is the 21st. I always gripe because presidents day was not a school holiday when I was in school. LOL. I'm not sure I want to deal with the crowds though. probably a good idea for you not to test your dh

your sis and you really look alike. And that childhood pic with Mickey- I can really see Caitlyn's resemblence to you guys too.
__________________
Chris Lauren James, 5 Maya, 9



May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #123
TinksThree
DIS Veteran
 
TinksThree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,416

I have been such a bad Disser lately! I am going way back...almost a month but we really did enjoy Grand Cayman. We did a lot of walking and exploring...no real excursions but I liked it like that. We had already been snorkling in Cozumel and to Mayan Ruins in Progresso so we chose a short and sweet glass bottom boat tour and then went out on our own in GC, It was lovely and relaxed!

To the Zombie race...that was so cool! I have never heard of those but we do have warrior races here which looks very similar! The funny thing was your DH was cold and wet but that same day here in Mississippi I was sitting at a soccer tournament all day sweating like crazy in 90+ degree heat and got sunburned!

And to the restart PTR...love the flashback pictures. I always am pulling those out for my PTRs!! And now I think I am back on track....for now anyway!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #124
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE the flashback pictures. I remember when the castle looked like that. UGH!

I didn't mind the castle at the time, but now that I look back I can't believe they ever did that to the beautiful castle. I feel bad for everyone who took a once in a lifetime trip that year and only have pictures infront of that castle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay I can't wait for our Feb. trip! I can't wait to go with Caitlin, it's going to be fun, and I can't wait to eat at a princess meal for once!

Wouldn't it be funny if we got pregnant at the same time? Not that I'm trying yet. But I'd like to start sometime soon.

I didn't know you had old Disney pictures of us, I want to scan them someday. Do you have anymore? Look how skinny I was in that picture in front of the pink castle!!!
Those are the only old pictures I can find. I used to have one of us from our first trip with us chilling in the stoller on Main St. with my awesome red sunglasses but I havent seen it for awhile

I really hope we get to go this Feb. Although I did see the most adorable litte girl the other day and told John that we are back in the wanting another kid right NOW mode so we knows what will happen. Caitlin be a little terror today and I could change my mind again and say we are never having more kids We'll see what happens towards July when the race sign up starts. You better be doing some C25K.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I was there for the pink castle too...sadly, I wasn't as young as you...I was the mom. LOL..taking my 2 older ones...though my Mom did tag along too.
I remember seeing your pink castle picture on one of your threads. I really don't mind it since I have been more than once, but I would hate if those were the only castle pictures I had.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yay for having all the trips worked out! Sounds like a great lineup!
Love the flashback pictures!

Just when I thought I had my trips all worked out.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like your trips are all coming together!

That's so nice that you & your sister will get to go together in February. I'm really hoping we'll be there too.
Nothing if definite for Feb. but I really hope it happens. We'll have to see how the summer goes. If we don't make it this year we'll just go the next year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
That race looks crazy! I think that having a childish mud fight would be fun- but I don't blame you for skipping that situation. Sloshing around in heavy muddy shoes in the cold is no my idea of vacation

I want to go for presidents day week so badly. My birthday is the 21st. I always gripe because presidents day was not a school holiday when I was in school. LOL. I'm not sure I want to deal with the crowds though. probably a good idea for you not to test your dh

your sis and you really look alike. And that childhood pic with Mickey- I can really see Caitlyn's resemblence to you guys too.

There is no way I would bring DH to Disney at a peak time. He would never go back

Caitlin does look a lot like my sister. People say she looks like me but she really looks more like my sister when she was younger with DH's eyes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I have been such a bad Disser lately! I am going way back...almost a month but we really did enjoy Grand Cayman. We did a lot of walking and exploring...no real excursions but I liked it like that. We had already been snorkling in Cozumel and to Mayan Ruins in Progresso so we chose a short and sweet glass bottom boat tour and then went out on our own in GC, It was lovely and relaxed!

To the Zombie race...that was so cool! I have never heard of those but we do have warrior races here which looks very similar! The funny thing was your DH was cold and wet but that same day here in Mississippi I was sitting at a soccer tournament all day sweating like crazy in 90+ degree heat and got sunburned!

And to the restart PTR...love the flashback pictures. I always am pulling those out for my PTRs!! And now I think I am back on track....for now anyway!
I've been a horrible Diser lately too. I have been looking at my plans lately and haven't been happy with them so I have been staying away from the Dis until I could figure them about better.

I can't wait to go to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Not really looking forward to Jamaica b/c of some negative reviews but I'll try it once.

I was hoping the weather would have been a bit better for the zombie run, but I don't know if I would have like sitting around in 90 degree heat. DH probably would have been happy though
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #125
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,057

I haven't been posting lately b/c I recently realized that I hate my plans for Sept! As much as I would love to be able to do the TOT run, I hate that it is at night, especially since we are leaving the next morning. I love the idea of the after party with villians, but will I really be up to staying out late after running 10 miles? I did 6 miles yesterday morning and I was EXHAUSTED all day yesterday.


I was thinking of maybe switching to to the 5k in the morning. It takes place at 7:30 so we could have the whole day to spend at a resort. Swimming, a Disney dinner, maybe DTD?

What do you think? If the Princess Half wasn't in my plans I would be more upset about not doing the TOT 10 mier, but right now I would rather have more time to enjoy a Disney resort and maybe an afternoon at a park.

If we do decide to do a resort day, what resort is best for a resort day of swimming, relaxing and eating. The Poly is calling my name, but maybe SSR since the pools look great and easy access to DTD?
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #126
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

You'll have to let me know if you decide to the 5K. We could meet up and start off together....if you'd want. I do think that it sounds like a good fit for you. That late night run would make it a little hard to get up early & head out to the port the next morning. As it is, I'm worried that we'll be dragging all day on that Sunday too. I'm hoping we get at least 6 hours of sleep that night.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #127
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,636

We've never stayed at SSR, but have visited. It is a huge resort, but the walk to DTD is very nice. Or you could stay at OKW (nice pool there, along with the Gurgling Suitcase which has wonderful adult beverages ) and have the boat to DTD.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #128
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

I'm actually thinking of trying to start the Couch to 5K this week, and if not this week, definitely next week. I'm definitely going to need more than 10 weeks to complete it, I'm thinking I might do each week twice. I kind of want to do the 5K in November when we are in Disney, the Jingle Jungle 5K. It's through Animal Kingdom, which I'm not too excited about, but it is the morning I wanted to go to AK anyway, so maybe that will work out. I'm not sure yet.

If you want to do a resort day, I'd say definitely stay at the Poly, you've been wanting to stay there forever so you might as well just do it. Why don't you look into renting one of the cabanas for a day, if I ever stay there, I'm definitely doing that! And if you get bored, you are so close to the Magic Kingdom, you can just hop on the monorail and go over there for a few hours!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #129
oboedm
DIS Veteran
 
oboedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 815

If you do a run this fall, I vote for the 5k in the morning. I don't think running at night would be an issue normally, but you are leaving the next day. You don't want to be tired and cranky while traveling IMHO.

I vote Poly for the resort! I have always wanted to stay there, so that tends to get my vote anytime!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #130
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,644

I would vote for the 5k in the morning too.

As for resort ... guess I am no big help as I was not really impressed with the Poly in February, but I think I just second Kathy's vote for OKW.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #131
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
You'll have to let me know if you decide to the 5K. We could meet up and start off together....if you'd want. I do think that it sounds like a good fit for you. That late night run would make it a little hard to get up early & head out to the port the next morning. As it is, I'm worried that we'll be dragging all day on that Sunday too. I'm hoping we get at least 6 hours of sleep that night.
I am leaning towards doing the 5k. It seems to make more sense. I don't why I thought it would be a good idea to do a 10 mile run 12 hours before we go on a cruise

I will definitely love to meet before hand. I don't plan on having fast time, I would want to take it nice and slow and take in every Disney moment I could.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We've never stayed at SSR, but have visited. It is a huge resort, but the walk to DTD is very nice. Or you could stay at OKW (nice pool there, along with the Gurgling Suitcase which has wonderful adult beverages ) and have the boat to DTD.
OKW and SSR our my top two choices. They both look great and I think we'll be happy in either one. Although I do like the name Guggling Suitcase


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm actually thinking of trying to start the Couch to 5K this week, and if not this week, definitely next week. I'm definitely going to need more than 10 weeks to complete it, I'm thinking I might do each week twice. I kind of want to do the 5K in November when we are in Disney, the Jingle Jungle 5K. It's through Animal Kingdom, which I'm not too excited about, but it is the morning I wanted to go to AK anyway, so maybe that will work out. I'm not sure yet.

If you want to do a resort day, I'd say definitely stay at the Poly, you've been wanting to stay there forever so you might as well just do it. Why don't you look into renting one of the cabanas for a day, if I ever stay there, I'm definitely doing that! And if you get bored, you are so close to the Magic Kingdom, you can just hop on the monorail and go over there for a few hours!
How did I know you would pick the Poly. I am just not sure one day will be enough I think I need at least two nights. One for Ohana and one for Kona.

Good luck with the C25K. There was one week that took my forever to get past. Maybe week 6? As long as you just keep doing the 3 days a week you'll get there eventually.

The Nov. 5k sounds fun. We were considering moving the cruise to Nov. 11 and I was going to run that one but we are going to stick with our current plans. Hopefully if we make it on the Fantasy next year the 5k will be that weekend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
If you do a run this fall, I vote for the 5k in the morning. I don't think running at night would be an issue normally, but you are leaving the next day. You don't want to be tired and cranky while traveling IMHO.

I vote Poly for the resort! I have always wanted to stay there, so that tends to get my vote anytime!
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly too. I just worry one day won't be enough.

I will be very tired and cranky the next morning after a long run and most likely little sleep. I'm cranky enough after a regular 5k.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I would vote for the 5k in the morning too.

As for resort ... guess I am no big help as I was not really impressed with the Poly in February, but I think I just second Kathy's vote for OKW.
I have always wanted to try the Poly for a long stay but now I think it will be a part of a short stay. There is something about it that I think will disappoint me. However I will love being able to eat at Ohana and Kona so we will have to try at least two or three nights on day.

OKW looks great, especially those huge one bedrooms.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #133
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I am leaning towards doing the 5k. It seems to make more sense. I don't why I thought it would be a good idea to do a 10 mile run 12 hours before we go on a cruise

I will definitely love to meet before hand. I don't plan on having fast time, I would want to take it nice and slow and take in every Disney moment I could.
Oh good - I don't plan on being fast either. Even if I wanted to run fast I don't think I could. It will be so fun to meet before the race starts! I do think it sounds like a really good plan for you since y'all will be off to cruise the next day!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #134
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That sounds like a good plan!
I just can't seem to be happy with any of my plans I wish I was going on your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Oh good - I don't plan on being fast either. Even if I wanted to run fast I don't think I could. It will be so fun to meet before the race starts! I do think it sounds like a really good plan for you since y'all will be off to cruise the next day!
I hope I am able to find you. I tried to find my friend at a local 5k with 2500 people last year and could find her with that amount of people. I finally ran into her while running because she was having problems with a scarf she was wearing. (run was in the winter)

I would still love to do the TOT run, but I think I will regret it the next day. Plus DH will make me take the stairs everywhere on the ship and I won't be able to walk
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #135
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,057

This thread has had a lack of updates and ticker maintence all due to DH.

A few weeks ago he came home and announced that he is tired of our tiny house and we need to move. We have a small cape cod style house that was fine when Caitlin was small, but now with a 7 year old and two big German shepherds the house feels very cramped.

We don't really want a bigger mortgage payment which means we will need a large down payment. DH has put himself in a strict no spend mode so that we can move out in about 2-3 years. Hopefully it will work out so that we can move when Caitlin makes the switch from 5th to 6th grade since she will be changing schools that year.

We had a talk about our budget and spending which of course involves vacation. I offered to cancel our Sept cruise but he asked if we could make it cheaper. We could down grade from balcony to window. Or we could change our dates to Nov and go on NCL for a bit cheaper (plus we could attend MVMCP and do the Wine and Dine half marathon)

It took a few weeks of looking at the options but we finally decided to switch from a balcony to a window on the Freedom of the Seas.

This has also made me look at the weekend a bit different and most likely why I am second guessing the night run. If I'm not taking a Disney trip soon I want to get the most out of my Disney weekend that I can.

I asked DH what that means for my Feb. trip and possible Nov trip and really, they aren't going to be changed. I was already on my own when paying anyway and has said that after our Sept. trip he will not be spending a dime on vacations until we have moved. We never really factored my income into the equation anyway since I didn't work much before so he agreed that if I want to work more to pay for what trips I want to take that is fine as long as I don't ask him to contribute which seems fair to me.

If my sister and I go in Feb. it will be as budget as possible (well, that you can do over President's week)

Our ticker for Nov is also changing. We talked it over and we decided to cancel our Fantasy cruise in Nov. 2013 . Hopefully we will be able to get on her soon, but right now I am really missing WDW and want to plan another WDW/Universal trip. So, instead of a DCL trip we will spend a week at WDW in Nov. 2013.

I am hoping to do a split stay between the Poly and a Universal resort but we'll see what the budget looks like by then. The Poly doesn't exactly fit into a budget trip. I am hoping to plan our trip for that magical week that has the last halloween party and the first xmas party included. Plus election day and veterans day for less school days missed.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.