Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #196
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,333

O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are staying at BLT from Feb 21 on??????????????




Guess who is going to be at the same resort?




ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now, we HAVE TO get together and at least have a drink at the ToTW Lounge!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #197
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,387

I think the changes to your girls' trip sound great!

And I understand all about changing. I made more changes to our trip this morning as well.

How exciting that you get to stay in BLT! I really, really, really want to stay there or CR one day.

Do you think you'll try for an ADR at Be Our Guest?

That's awesome that you're doing the half marathon! We really were planning on going too & doing it but I think that plan has been thrown out. I don't think I could work myself up to that by then. And with us doing the cruise in May, it may be a little tight. We are already considering going back for the ToT race next year if we enjoy it.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #198
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are staying at BLT from Feb 21 on??????????????




Guess who is going to be at the same resort?




ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now, we HAVE TO get together and at least have a drink at the ToTW Lounge!




Do you check in the 21st too?


We would love to meet you and Tom, especially if we are in the same resort. Although as much as I would love to check out the ToTW lounge, I don't know if I can get up there? I am only a lowly DVC point renter, not a DVC owner
__________________
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #199
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think the changes to your girls' trip sound great!

And I understand all about changing. I made more changes to our trip this morning as well.

How exciting that you get to stay in BLT! I really, really, really want to stay there or CR one day.

Do you think you'll try for an ADR at Be Our Guest?

That's awesome that you're doing the half marathon! We really were planning on going too & doing it but I think that plan has been thrown out. I don't think I could work myself up to that by then. And with us doing the cruise in May, it may be a little tight. We are already considering going back for the ToT race next year if we enjoy it.
I am would love to try Be Our Guest, I totally forgot about that. I haven't been on the boards much, do we know when adrs start yet?

I saw your changes and they look great.

I'm sad to hear you won't be going in Feb. I am having a tough time keep up with training for the TOT run this summer. It seems like I have a good week and then a bad week. I do think that by the run I will be able to complete the run but it will not be how I expected. Probably more walking than I would have thought, but that's okay. I am just in it for fun so I'll be happy to just finish.

Hopefully I'll have a better time training for the Princess Half once it cools down.
__________________
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #200
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post


Do you check in the 21st too?


We would love to meet you and Tom, especially if we are in the same resort. Although as much as I would love to check out the ToTW lounge, I don't know if I can get up there? I am only a lowly DVC point renter, not a DVC owner
YES, we check in on the 21st as well!!!
Hm, I need to figure out if we are allowed to bring a guest. I completely forgot that it is members only, because I was so excited to read that we will be there at the same time.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #201
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I am would love to try Be Our Guest, I totally forgot about that. I haven't been on the boards much, do we know when adrs start yet?
I believe they are supposed to start taking ADRs in August. One spot on the DIS said early August. But another place said late August. I bet it will be late August. Sounds like it will be just in time for your ADRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I saw your changes and they look great.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm sad to hear you won't be going in Feb. I am having a tough time keep up with training for the TOT run this summer. It seems like I have a good week and then a bad week. I do think that by the run I will be able to complete the run but it will not be how I expected. Probably more walking than I would have thought, but that's okay. I am just in it for fun so I'll be happy to just finish.

Hopefully I'll have a better time training for the Princess Half once it cools down.
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about not going in Feb. But, I think if we do another race next year, ToT would be better for us.

I bet your training will go much better when it starts to cool down. Good luck with training for the half marathon!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #202
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,441

Hahaha my head is spinning a little bit, but I think I'm getting everything straight!
HOORAY for a beautiful cruise! And I'm glad you're not pushing the December trip back too much, February should be nice!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #203
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I am would love to try Be Our Guest, I totally forgot about that. I haven't been on the boards much, do we know when adrs start yet?

I saw your changes and they look great.

I'm sad to hear you won't be going in Feb. I am having a tough time keep up with training for the TOT run this summer. It seems like I have a good week and then a bad week. I do think that by the run I will be able to complete the run but it will not be how I expected. Probably more walking than I would have thought, but that's okay. I am just in it for fun so I'll be happy to just finish.

Hopefully I'll have a better time training for the Princess Half once it cools down.


mid august was the last date i heard.

i love your change!
__________________
Chris Lauren James, 5 Maya, 9



May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #204
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,125

Love all the new plans....they sound great.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #205
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

I can't believe I'm going to be staying at Bay Lake Tower, I can't wait!!!

I'm like 85% sure I'm going to do the 5K. That's the one I most want to do, so I should do it while I have the chance. I have to buy some running shoes and maybe I can start running at the end of August when it's a little cooler.

I don't mind doing either of those events you mentioned, the look fun!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #207
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,429

You make trip changes more often than underwear changes!

This sounds fun too. and you HAVE to meet up with Tom and Karin. They are so awesome!

I toured BL last summer and it really is neat in there.

You've got a lot of exciting things to look forward to!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #208
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran
 
Sunset Cliffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,010

Hi there! I haven't been on the DIS in a long time, but recently have been sick and passing the time on here. I just found your new link today and have read through it all today. My brain is absolutely swimming trying to follow all of your changes (especially while reading all at one time!) but I'm so excited for you that you get to go on a cruise soon.

Also, I have been really interested in your running training. I have always hated running, but recently heard about the Couch to 5K program and decided to try it. I did the first 2 weeks and I was really enjoying it. I think that my brain does well with goals being set for me, and it somehow made it easier to just get on the treadmill and get it done. We went on a 2 week vacation after that (which I actually brought my workout stuff with me so I could keep going), but there never seemed to be time to do it. Then on the plane home I got really sick, and I'm currently still recovering.

So, needless to say...I'm starting over just as soon as I'm done being sick. I'm bummed that I'm starting over, but I know that I enjoyed it and so I'm looking forward to starting again. I was so encouraged to hear that you started with that same program and now you are pushing on to harder goals. I'm happy for you that you get to do the Princess race!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #209
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
YES, we check in on the 21st as well!!!
Hm, I need to figure out if we are allowed to bring a guest. I completely forgot that it is members only, because I was so excited to read that we will be there at the same time. :

I'll see you bright and early at the check in desk

Even if the lounge is out, I'm sure we can think of somewhere to meet in CR/BLT. I'm so excited to meet you and Tom.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I believe they are supposed to start taking ADRs in August. One spot on the DIS said early August. But another place said late August. I bet it will be late August. Sounds like it will be just in time for your ADRs!

Yeah, I'm a little bummed about not going in Feb. But, I think if we do another race next year, ToT would be better for us.

I bet your training will go much better when it starts to cool down. Good luck with training for the half marathon!
I hope we get more info on BOG soon. I need to get my adrs in order soon.

I hope the TOT run works out for you next year. We have agreed that we would take off a year starting in Feb to really try and focus on getting pregnant, but if it doesn't happen I've got the Wine and Dine half or the Jan. half(okay, the TINK half in Disneyland too) on the brain. I have already told DH I plan on making my way through the entire list of Disney runs with or without him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hahaha my head is spinning a little bit, but I think I'm getting everything straight!
HOORAY for a beautiful cruise! And I'm glad you're not pushing the December trip back too much, February should be nice!
Your head is spinning? I've checked my flight confirmations 100 times to make sure I have the right dates booked at the right airports.

I feel very good about both trips and am very happy everyone is getting something they want this year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
mid august was the last date i heard.

i love your change!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love all the new plans....they sound great.
Thanks, Kathy! Our Dec. trip happened to be the same dates as yours and I was looking forward to possibly meeting you and the dining review queen, but I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't believe I'm going to be staying at Bay Lake Tower, I can't wait!!!

I'm like 85% sure I'm going to do the 5K. That's the one I most want to do, so I should do it while I have the chance. I have to buy some running shoes and maybe I can start running at the end of August when it's a little cooler.

I don't mind doing either of those events you mentioned, the look fun!
I'm glad your excited, but maybe you won't be after I tell you the cost


You can totally do the 5k. You don't even need to finish the C25K to do it. I think I was only on week 5 or 6 when I did my first 5k.

I'm starting to rethink the rundisney events. I'm think we might be better off just booking adrs at places we want...



Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am totally jealous of the cruise!! That will be so amazing! That is a route I hope to take one day! Lucky girl!!

And the changes to the December trip sound great too...even if you do miss the Christmas decorations! BLT will be so cool!!
I know, I'm so spoiled. I am so excited to be able to give DH his cruise and still have a Disney trip a few months later. We both ended up working way too much this summer and really need a vacation. Unfortunately, I had two choices for a cruise. The Carnival Dream or the Oasis. The Dream was much cheaper but had the same route. I decided to put off getting a T3i for a few months to pay the difference to go on the Oasis, but after looking at your photo heavy TR, I wonder if I made the right choice. I was figuring I wouldn't be comfortable taking the new camera off the ship to the beach anyway.... I really hope I can get it for xmas or at least before our Feb. trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You make trip changes more often than underwear changes!

This sounds fun too. and you HAVE to meet up with Tom and Karin. They are so awesome!

I toured BL last summer and it really is neat in there.

You've got a lot of exciting things to look forward to!

I know, I know... I am ashamed of the changes that I have made but I am all done this time. Everything if paid in full and mostly non-refundable so I think these trips will stick.

I can't wait to meet Karin and Tom, especially since we are going to be staying in the same place


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Hi there! I haven't been on the DIS in a long time, but recently have been sick and passing the time on here. I just found your new link today and have read through it all today. My brain is absolutely swimming trying to follow all of your changes (especially while reading all at one time!) but I'm so excited for you that you get to go on a cruise soon.

Also, I have been really interested in your running training. I have always hated running, but recently heard about the Couch to 5K program and decided to try it. I did the first 2 weeks and I was really enjoying it. I think that my brain does well with goals being set for me, and it somehow made it easier to just get on the treadmill and get it done. We went on a 2 week vacation after that (which I actually brought my workout stuff with me so I could keep going), but there never seemed to be time to do it. Then on the plane home I got really sick, and I'm currently still recovering.

So, needless to say...I'm starting over just as soon as I'm done being sick. I'm bummed that I'm starting over, but I know that I enjoyed it and so I'm looking forward to starting again. I was so encouraged to hear that you started with that same program and now you are pushing on to harder goals. I'm happy for you that you get to do the Princess race!

Hey there stranger!

I'm sorry to hear you haven't be feeling well. I don't have much Dis time, but ended up not feeling well today and am staying home from work.

The couch to 5k was awesome and really helped get me to where I needed to be. I still struggle with 3miles sometimes, b/c to be honest, I don't love running. I figured training for a long run would help switch it up a little bit plus I get to go to Disney

My training has been pretty awful the last few weeks but I think once I feel better this week, I can pick up just in time to get in shape for the TOT run. (I hope)
__________________
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #210
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,054

We are less than a week away from our adr date I think I have our possible adrs all set, but we'll see.

I have also come across a possible issue for our Feb vacation. Getting the time off We are not able to request time off for that time of year until Oct. I thought it was no big deal but I happened to mention something to my boss about requesting that week off and she gave me a look that I was crazy

I am hoping it all works out. Although ideally I would like to take the whole week off I really only need to get the Thursday approved b/c I don't work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon every third week and I work those the week before About 80% of my dept is the same age and all have kids the same age. Maybe a few years ago it was tough to get time off but almost 99% of those kids are in college now so hopefully I'll get the time off. Worst case scenario I can't get the Thurs. off and we have to do Fri-Tues or Wed. I'm not too worried about it but we'll see what happens.


Anyway, back to possible adrs.

As long as our dates are approved we will spend one day OOP, and it looks like maybe the dining plan might be a good idea for the 4 nights at BLT.

Dsis will not be renewing her AP so TIW is out. Based on my possible ADRs what do you guys think- DDP or no?

Keep in mind there will be a peak season charge during our dates.

Wed- OOP- T-rex lunch/ AOA dinner (Caitlin's 2 requests)

Thursday- Check into BLT- Start of the dining plan
Be Our Guest Dinner

Friday-
1900 Park Fare breakfast (oop)

Dinner
Yak and Yeti
(or maybe RFC or Kona?)

Sat
Breakfast at Akershus

Sun
Dinner at Ohana


4 credits would be
BOG dinner
Ohana dinner
Akershus breakfast
yak and yeti dinner

OOP-Park Fare

Seems to me like DDP would be good with these adrs, right?



Or we could do no dining plan and the adrs might look something like this

Wed
TREX/AOA

Thurs
LTT lunch
BOG dinner

Fri
Park Fare breakfast
Kona dinner(or RFC or Yak and Yeti)

Sat
Akershus
Plaza dinner

Or maybe switch out Akershus for Kona breakfast??

It might cost a little than the dining plan but would be less than the DXDP and we would get to eat how we really want. At RFC/Kona/T-rex I would normally eat an appetizer and dessert but would get an entree on the DDP.
__________________

Last edited by pinkxray; 08-18-2012 at 09:45 AM.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.