Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats
 
pxlbarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond Hill, ON CANADA
Posts: 2,726

I thought that if you booked the extra night with ABD, ABD would provide transportation to the hotel.... is this not the case? If not, I've got some scrambling to do for our China trip....
__________________
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I thought that if you booked the extra night with ABD, ABD would provide transportation to the hotel.... is this not the case? If not, I've got some scrambling to do for our China trip....


At least not for the London/Paris tour.... according to what I read.
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,973
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I thought that if you booked the extra night with ABD, ABD would provide transportation to the hotel.... is this not the case? If not, I've got some scrambling to do for our China trip....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
At least not for the London/Paris tour.... according to what I read.
As long as you are under your ABD reservation, transfers to and from the airport are included.

If you book pre or post nights with ABD, transfers are included as well.

If you have booked pre or post nights on your own, transfers are not included.

There are several Adventures where ABD will request that you arrive and depart within certain parameters.

This is because of the distance / traffic from the airport to the ABD hotel. ABD wants to insure that you have enough time to check in and get ready for your Welcome Dinner.....or that you have enough time to comfortable get to the airport on departure day.

If you have booked pre or post nights through ABD, the arrival and departure restrictions are much easier or non-existent.

If you have booked through a travel agent, they should be able to give you this information. (pxlbarrel....there is no need to worry. You are all set and good to go)

If you have specific questions or there is a way I can assist, please let me know.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
As long as you are under your ABD reservation, transfers to and from the airport are included.

If you book pre or post nights with ABD, transfers are included as well.

If you have booked pre or post nights on your own, transfers are not included.

There are several Adventures where ABD will request that you arrive and depart within certain parameters.

This is because of the distance / traffic from the airport to the ABD hotel. ABD wants to insure that you have enough time to check in and get ready for your Welcome Dinner.....or that you have enough time to comfortable get to the airport on departure day.

If you have booked pre or post nights through ABD, the arrival and departure restrictions are much easier or non-existent.

If you have booked through a travel agent, they should be able to give you this information. (pxlbarrel....there is no need to worry. You are all set and good to go)

If you have specific questions or there is a way I can assist, please let me know.
From the ABD website - I read this to mean I had to stay within the parameters of the tour dates for the transfers. Oh well. Flights are already made. We'll deal with "jet leg" as best we can!

Are transfers included if I arrive or depart from different locations or at different times from the itinerary? No. Transfers are only included from the specified arrival/departure airports and hotels. For the Cities of Knights and Lights trip, transfers are included from Heathrow Airport (LHR) to the Chancery Court Hotel on your arrival day. On your departure day, transfers are included from the Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris back to the Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG).
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,973
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
From the ABD website - I read this to mean I had to stay within the parameters of the tour dates for the transfers. Oh well. Flights are already made. We'll deal with "jet leg" as best we can!

Are transfers included if I arrive or depart from different locations or at different times from the itinerary? No. Transfers are only included from the specified arrival/departure airports and hotels. For the Cities of Knights and Lights trip, transfers are included from Heathrow Airport (LHR) to the Chancery Court Hotel on your arrival day. On your departure day, transfers are included from the Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris back to the Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG).
As I said in my earlier post, ABD includes transfers with pre and post nights.

As ABD only books pre and post nights at the chosen hotels (and there is a maximum number of additional night you are allowed to book) this precludes arriving or departing from a different location.

As long as you remain under your ABD reservation, transfers are included.

Again....your travel agent should be able to help you with this, but if you have specific questions, I can be reached at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
As I said in my earlier post, ABD includes transfers with pre and post nights.

As ABD only books pre and post nights at the chosen hotels (and there is a maximum number of additional night you are allowed to book) this precludes arriving or departing from a different location.

As long as you remain under your ABD reservation, transfers are included.

Again....your travel agent should be able to help you with this, but if you have specific questions, I can be reached at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.
Thanks, Kevin. I just read it differently (read that: incorrectly! LOL). My mistake.

As this is our first trip to Europe and I am a little "nervous", it might be best that I just take the 8 days/7 nights and see how I like it! Also, the poor dog will miss us too much if we extend the trip any longer.
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats
 
pxlbarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond Hill, ON CANADA
Posts: 2,726

I think the confusion is how they use the words "arrival" and "departure". The "arrival" date isn't necessarily the same as the "arrival" day in the tour itinerary. If you arrive a day earlier than Day 1 of the tour and your hotel is booked through ABD, your arrival day is, for lack of other words, Day 0. If you arrive on the same day as Day 1, your arrival day is ... Day 1.

Well, I think I probably made that more confusing but ... whatever. LOL

Thanks Kevin ... when I get off the plane in Beijing after 15 hours (if Air Canada doesn't go on strike!!!), I'll be a zombie so I'm glad somebody will be there to meet us.
__________________
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats
 
pxlbarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond Hill, ON CANADA
Posts: 2,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Thanks, Kevin. I just read it differently (read that: incorrectly! LOL). My mistake.

As this is our first trip to Europe and I am a little "nervous", it might be best that I just take the 8 days/7 nights and see how I like it! Also, the poor dog will miss us too much if we extend the trip any longer.
You will absolutely LOVE London. I love London. I've been to the UK 3 times in the last 3 years and am sad that I won't be there this year. When you see a building or structure and realize that it harkens back to the 13th century or beyond it renders you speechless. North America is so young compared to Europe.
__________________
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
You will absolutely LOVE London. I love London. I've been to the UK 3 times in the last 3 years and am sad that I won't be there this year. When you see a building or structure and realize that it harkens back to the 13th century or beyond it renders you speechless. North America is so young compared to Europe.
Thanks! I hope so!

This is a trip for our DD - her high school graduation gift a year late. Last year was our 25th anniversary, so that trumped high school graduation, and we went on a cruise to Bermuda.

She couldn't decide between London or Paris, and since she will be spending a semester in London junior year, we thought it might be a good idea to see both now as an introduction - and then we will go visit her when she is there again. If we love it, we will have had a "taste" and can decide what we must visit again.

I honestly would rather spend a week on a sunny beach, but DD and DH really want to go on this trip, and I can't see sending them without me.
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,490
DISboards Moderator

Ah! I'm gone for the evening, and miss all sorts of questions! Fortunately, Kevin was around to take care of you.

Singing Mom, we did have some folks arrive the day the tour started. I doubt you'll be the only ones. I'm just going to recommend you NOT go to sleep when you get to the hotel. I was told, and found it to be true, that it's best to soldier on through the arrival day, and then try & get to sleep at a fairly "normal" time at your destination. Just resist the temptation to hit the bar after the Welcome dinner!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #26
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Ok, as I look at the calendar and realize our trip is closer than I thought , I have some more questions...

Sayhello & all: Did you find that people "dressed for dinner"? Is there time between touring, etc, to actually be able to change for dinner? I tend to pack ENTIRELY too much, so I am really going to try to pack lighter for this trip. (DD18 also is a heavy packer - I MUST convince her five pairs of shoes will NOT happen for this trip.)

Did you bring a cell phone or computer? I'm not sure DH will be getting his iPad in time for the trip, so we will probably bring my small notebook to access internet. But, I haven't checked with Verizon to find out about international calling features on my Blackberry. I don't want wacky roaming fees when we get home!

Are you able to ship purchases home, or is it cost-prohibitive?

Did you carry your passport with you, or lock it in the hotel room safe?

And finally - for DD - is CHANEL nearby ?!

Thanks for your help!!
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,490
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Ok, as I look at the calendar and realize our trip is closer than I thought , I have some more questions...

Sayhello & all: Did you find that people "dressed for dinner"? Is there time between touring, etc, to actually be able to change for dinner? I tend to pack ENTIRELY too much, so I am really going to try to pack lighter for this trip. (DD18 also is a heavy packer - I MUST convince her five pairs of shoes will NOT happen for this trip.)
People generally did change for dinner. Nothing super fancy, more like business casual. We always had time to change for dinner.

Quote:
Did you bring a cell phone or computer? I'm not sure DH will be getting his iPad in time for the trip, so we will probably bring my small notebook to access internet. But, I haven't checked with Verizon to find out about international calling features on my Blackberry. I don't want wacky roaming fees when we get home!
My phone doesn't work overseas, so I borrowed a global phone from Verizon, and got an international plan for the month. Really did not cost that much, and worked quite nicely. I also brought my iPad, which only uses WiFi. It was sufficient for me.

Quote:
Are you able to ship purchases home, or is it cost-prohibitive?
Sorry, didn't do this.

Quote:
Did you carry your passport with you, or lock it in the hotel room safe?
You know, I don't remember! There are arguments for both, but I think I probably left it in the hotel safe, as the Guides could always go retrieve it if needed, but if it got stolen, I was out of luck.

Quote:
And finally - for DD - is CHANEL nearby ?!
Sorry, I don't know! But I bet some of the others on my trip would know!

Quote:
Thanks for your help!!
You are so going to love this trip! ENJOY!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
You are so going to love this trip! ENJOY!

Sayhello
Thanks for all your answers! I truly appreciate it!

Here's another question - are shorts appropriate attire for museums in London and Paris? I know they are not acceptable at the Vatican, but what about for this trip?

Thanks!
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
misstammy824
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Thanks for all your answers! I truly appreciate it!

Here's another question - are shorts appropriate attire for museums in London and Paris? I know they are not acceptable at the Vatican, but what about for this trip?

Thanks!
I'm not sure if shorts are acceptable or not, but you might find it too chilly for them. When I visited the Louvre last July, I wore capri pants, but for the five days we were in the Paris/Disneyland area, we wore mostly jeans and sweatshirts because it was rainy and cold during our stay.
misstammy824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
wordsearch
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10

Jumping in slightly but I live in London - wear whatever you want to the museums! Aside from the obvious like turning up naked there's no such restrictions, I've worn shorts there quite frequently and never even really considered it.
wordsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.