Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

What an awesome trip ! The smiles on Keira's face shows what a wonderful time she had.

The heat worries me .. I was hoping it wouldn't be that warm this time of year .. but it seems to be hotter than usual. How was the humidity ? Jayden has a hard time breathing when it's hot AND humid. If it IS that hot for us .. we'll be spending our days at the pool. Funny how it cooled down just as you were leaving !

The boys arn't big into character meetings, but it's good to know we won't have to wait long when we come across the ones they DO want to meet.
Where there any Dr Suess characters at IOA ? Jayden loves the Dr Suess books (especially Thing 1 and Thing 2 !) and it would be fun to meet them.

How far was the Walmart from GKTW ? I'm pretty sure we'll end up there on our first day to pick up the things I swear I'm not going to forget (but will).

Loved reading your TR and seeing the pics !!

I also loved all the cute Big Give outfits ! We have a few ourselves and I just love them !! Can't wait to be able to have the boys wear them.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
Reberella
Mouseketeer

so great:)

It is so great that Disney can do these types of things for kids who have been through so much. Keira is an inspiration and absoloutley adorable!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

It was hotter than normal the week were there, but its not usually that bad that time of year, even in April. The humidity was rough.

They had in a The lorax, Cat in a Hat, The Grinch, Thing 1 & 2 I think in a restaurant there. We didn't see any of them out and about. It was Dr. Seuss' birthday the day we were there. We didn't really pursue it either since she'd seen so many Disney Characters.

Walmart is less than a mile from GKTW. You pass it when you go back to GKTW, no getting around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
What an awesome trip ! The smiles on Keira's face shows what a wonderful time she had.

The heat worries me .. I was hoping it wouldn't be that warm this time of year .. but it seems to be hotter than usual. How was the humidity ? Jayden has a hard time breathing when it's hot AND humid. If it IS that hot for us .. we'll be spending our days at the pool. Funny how it cooled down just as you were leaving !

The boys arn't big into character meetings, but it's good to know we won't have to wait long when we come across the ones they DO want to meet.
Where there any Dr Suess characters at IOA ? Jayden loves the Dr Suess books (especially Thing 1 and Thing 2 !) and it would be fun to meet them.

How far was the Walmart from GKTW ? I'm pretty sure we'll end up there on our first day to pick up the things I swear I'm not going to forget (but will).

Loved reading your TR and seeing the pics !!

I also loved all the cute Big Give outfits ! We have a few ourselves and I just love them !! Can't wait to be able to have the boys wear them.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! We all had such a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
It is so great that Disney can do these types of things for kids who have been through so much. Keira is an inspiration and absoloutley adorable!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #35
sarsop524
Mouseketeer

great trip report

Looks like you had lots of fun! We are just waiting patiently to hear back with some dates for our trip!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr

Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #36
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

what great photos! love seeing Keira's happy little face and even Coopers not so happy faces....they looked like they had so much fun! and all the costume changes kuddo's to you mom for making each of your stops even more memorable with the matching outfits!

happy you had a fun trip...even with a couple of the not so nice guests with their dirty looks...never understand people who can't help spread the pixie dust to these wonderful MAW families...great that your friend was able to come and visit, the kids look so cute together!!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #37
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

I hope you get your dates soon! It was a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsop524 View Post
Looks like you had lots of fun! We are just waiting patiently to hear back with some dates for our trip!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #38
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I'm so glad I managed to get all the outfits in there.

I just assume they don't get it and tried to be as quick as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
what great photos! love seeing Keira's happy little face and even Coopers not so happy faces....they looked like they had so much fun! and all the costume changes kuddo's to you mom for making each of your stops even more memorable with the matching outfits!

happy you had a fun trip...even with a couple of the not so nice guests with their dirty looks...never understand people who can't help spread the pixie dust to these wonderful MAW families...great that your friend was able to come and visit, the kids look so cute together!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Fantastic trip report!! Sounds like you all had just the right amount of time at the parks and relaxing at the Village. Keira is the best looking Rapunzel I have ever seen. All of her dresses were amazing.

Toy Story was probably my favorite ride of our trip! Loved it - and beat DH!!! Epcot's gardens and displays were amazing. I would love to be there this week to see all those they had "covered" up.

You know - for those that gave you all "dirty looks" well.....they just need to get a life and get over themselves. I mean, really, you are there with a child that has had a tough go over for a period of time and needs some celebration and excitement in their lives. These kids deserve to have all the amenites and more! Okay sorry for my rant but that just gets under my skin!!! I'm glad most were very understanding.

Have to say - you ROCK at the outfit changes!! Glad you had a great trip!!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #40
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

You know, I didn't let the people bother me, I just kind of laughed.

That Rapunzel dress was amazing! Just beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Fantastic trip report!! Sounds like you all had just the right amount of time at the parks and relaxing at the Village. Keira is the best looking Rapunzel I have ever seen. All of her dresses were amazing.

Toy Story was probably my favorite ride of our trip! Loved it - and beat DH!!! Epcot's gardens and displays were amazing. I would love to be there this week to see all those they had "covered" up.

You know - for those that gave you all "dirty looks" well.....they just need to get a life and get over themselves. I mean, really, you are there with a child that has had a tough go over for a period of time and needs some celebration and excitement in their lives. These kids deserve to have all the amenites and more! Okay sorry for my rant but that just gets under my skin!!! I'm glad most were very understanding.

Have to say - you ROCK at the outfit changes!! Glad you had a great trip!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #41
Reberella
Mouseketeer

cute

Keira is so cute! i Love how her outifts all match so perfect! Coop looks cute too

Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #42
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Thank you! We were blessed to get so many awesome outfits from the Big Give members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Keira is so cute! i Love how her outifts all match so perfect! Coop looks cute too

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #43
atlantamoi
Earning My Ears

I totally remember seeing your daughter the same week! Keira's short crop of hair made me think of my daughter. I don't remember seeing any other little girls with short hair (?). My girl is six months off chemo so she just hit the point where people probably would look at her and not think something was up. Anyway, my point is your daughter seemed to be closest in appearance to mine.
I was glad to read about the progress Keira has made. Nice to see you all had as much fun as we did!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #44
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I remember seeing your family too. I think we sat beside each other on the carriage ride.

It was an amazing week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post
I totally remember seeing your daughter the same week! Keira's short crop of hair made me think of my daughter. I don't remember seeing any other little girls with short hair (?). My girl is six months off chemo so she just hit the point where people probably would look at her and not think something was up. Anyway, my point is your daughter seemed to be closest in appearance to mine.
I was glad to read about the progress Keira has made. Nice to see you all had as much fun as we did!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 03-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

I guess I didn't get over here quick enough!! I can't view any of the pictures.... you trip report seems to be extra popular! I willl keep trying back! SOunds amazing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: