Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
disneylandkitkat
Mouseketeer

Midnight snack trip report with pictures.. Thank you Disney.

We did get into the VIP party. We got in line around 730pm. Disney made it clear the line was not official till 10pm, but everyone assumed Disney would honnor our line. We were roughly 40th in line. The funny part was when people would walk up to us and ask what we were standing in line for. We would tell them a midnight snack. Then they would ask whats that we would say we have no clue what the snack was going to be. Some laughed at us for getting in line so early and not knowing what we got, other said we were crazy, some said it sounded like fun and told us to have fun at the event and others joined the end of the line. I couldn't stop laughing at all the random responses. The line started at the petting zoo and soon went all the way down to the entrance of big thunder and the Mark Train dock. Didn't check again to see if the line got even longer. There must of been thousands in line for an event that held 200. Around 9:00 or 9:30 they was a big group forming infront of the blocked of area infront of the petting zoo. Alot of people said the lines not supose to form till 10pm and we are the start of the line. We don't know what they are doing over there pointing to the line we were standing in that had been there for hours. I talked with the first group which said they got in the unofficial line at 5pm. People in our line were quite angery with the people that started there own line. At this time one security guard came over but I really couldn't hear what he was saying. All the cast members got in a circle to disided what they were going to do. They desided to let our line in to the petting zoo area. I thought this was a good idea because it looked like there was going to be a fight. While they were forming the official line inside several people cut or went in front of us. To me there really was no line so technically both sides could argue who was right. I'm thankful we got in and really don't mind who else got in or not as long as me and my fiancee did. I think disney could of done a better job preventing this whole thing from happening though. There was alot of people that didn't get in it took Disney awhile to clear everyone from the gates how they already had there 200 they were letting in. They might of let a little more then 200 in but I dout many.

Next we had to sign waivers how they were going to be video taping for the Disney park blog. When we got in the was hot chocolate, Tea, coffee and chocolate milk to drink. We both chose tru moo chocolate milk. The next station had a whole munch of desserts. Chocolate cover strawberries, chocolate brownies, chocolate cookies, chocolate covered rice crispy treats and pure chocolate shots. If you can see the theme was chocolate which was fine but it was way too much of it. Wish they had something besides chocolate lol. A guy came out and played Disney songs on his guitar and chip and dale took pictures with guest in there PJ'S. It was a really fun event I'm glad we did it something I will never forget. At the end of the event everyone was invited to the 1am showing of fantasmic and got VIP seats right up front. By this time we were tired of sitting and wanted to walk around some so we skipped fantasmic, we have seen it many times before.

disneylandkitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

You had me at "chocolate."

That sure was a lot of chocolate. Right down my alley. What a fun thing to look back on and say you were a part of. I can't believe people were lining up so early. 5pm. Very cool about the VIP Fantasmic seats, even if you didn't use them. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
disneylandkitkat
Mouseketeer

At this event you would of been happy tons of chocolate. They were really pushing the pure chocolate shots also.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
disneylandkitkat
Mouseketeer

bump for others to enjoy that weren't able to make it
Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
disneylandkitkat
Mouseketeer

I hope disney does an event like this again soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: