DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
agentperry
Earning My Ears

Beds in 1 bedroom Beach Club Villa

I am trying to see if you can get an extra "bed" when staying in a 1 Bedroom Villa at the Beach Club. We are non DVC members, and just booking the Villa like a hotel. However, I was hoping to have 2 beds for my kids..not for them to share the sleep sofa. Do you know if they can provide a cot and or if some of the villas have a "kids room" option? The cost for a 2 bedroom is high for me, so I am trying to see if there is a compromise.

Thanks!
agentperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Are you booking through Disney's CRO? If yes, maybe. It would depend if the resort has any roll-a-way beds available. But normally I would say no. The DVC does not offer roll-a-way beds, period. Many DVC members or guests renting from a DVC member bring an air mattress and bedding for it instead. I would call the resort directly and ask them. As to whether there would be room for a roll-a-way that's another story and someone else will need to answer that one.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentperry View Post
I am trying to see if you can get an extra "bed" when staying in a 1 Bedroom Villa at the Beach Club. We are non DVC members, and just booking the Villa like a hotel. However, I was hoping to have 2 beds for my kids..not for them to share the sleep sofa. Do you know if they can provide a cot and or if some of the villas have a "kids room" option? The cost for a 2 bedroom is high for me, so I am trying to see if there is a compromise.

Thanks!
No, no rollaways are possible with DVC resort. The best you can do is a two bedroom villa. And at the BCV, you are more likely to get one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom since there are only 25 with two beds in the second bedroom. Those all go to members on points.

You can bring an aerobed with you if you want a second bed. But they won't provide linens for the aerobed that you bring.

You could try a Fort Wilderness Cabin or All Stars Family Suite. Or one of the newer Arts of Animation Resort that also has family suites. Both AKL and WL also have a room with a set of bunk beds and a queen sized bed.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
DCLbrideSept2009
DIS Veteran

You could try a 1-bedroom at OKW, AKV or BLT. These all have a sleeper chair as well as the sleeper sofa. OKW has the biggest 1-bedrooms. We are going down with 3 of our kids in June and staying in a 1-bedroom at OKW. There is also a love seat, so we don't even pull out the sofa bed. One kid on the sleeper chair, one on the sofa and the other either on the love seat or an air mattress (that we will bring).
Coronado Springs Sept '09 "Disneymoon"
AKV Kidani March 2010/SSR and BWV July 2010
BWV and OKW June 2011/ASM Nov '11
Windsor Hills and OKW June 2012
Pop Oct '13/AKV Kidani NYE/Jan '14
Extended fam off-site June '14/Kidless F&W Oct '14
DCLbrideSept2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: