Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #91
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Hi Lorraine

Try searching Disney magic August. It should come up. If not , my fb name is nikkicp , you could add me as a friend then it might show? Let me know if you have any problems
Nikki
Xxx
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #92
pandanasbearz
Earning My Ears

Just called shoreside concierge today to sort out dining rotations. Here's a heads up on the rotations:

1) LLAPLAP
2) AAPLAPL
3) PPLAPLA

Unfortunately there are (is?) no rotations with Lumiere's on formal and PC on pirate night so I pick the first one with Lumiere's on formal.

Sunny
pandanasbearz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #93
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandanasbearz View Post
Just called shoreside concierge today to sort out dining rotations. Here's a heads up on the rotations:

1) LLAPLAP
2) AAPLAPL
3) PPLAPLA

Unfortunately there are (is?) no rotations with Lumiere's on formal and PC on pirate night so I pick the first one with Lumiere's on formal.

Sunny
Thanks Sunny does that mean that formal is night 2 & pirates night 5?

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #94
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Just tried to book Palo and site is down for maintenance 😢😢

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DCL 14 Day CA to FL Relocation Cruise Aug 2005; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2007
NCL 12 Day Hawaiian Cruise April 2008; DCL 11 Day Mediterranean Cruise August 2010
DCL 14 Day WBTA Sept 2010; DCL 8 Day New York Cruise July 2012; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2014
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #95
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

hi all - I was wondering whether anyone who is already able to book excursions could do me a favour please?

I am wanting to book the Easy Pisa tour and I was wanting to know what time the excursions are available for - I believe in 2011 there was a morning and afternoon option but I was hoping to find out exact timings if I can (for some reason I think that this is something you see when the booking window opens - but I might be wrong!)

Plus - Does anyone know a way of finding out where the Rome on your own tour drops off and picks up? I am not brave enough to do Rome totally on our own, despite reading numerous reports to say how easy the trains are - so my compromise was going to be to use the DIY DCL option - but in order to plan my day, it would be really helpful to know where the meet points are.

Many thanks for any help

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #96
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Hi Amy,

The Easy Pisa for the family is 7.15 am Adults only is 12.45.

Sorry I dont know about the Rome tours. We did it on our own last time (well we got the train in and met friends for lunch - very civilised) and it was very very easy. However, all aboard was something like 9.30 pm so much more relaxed! It is me, my sister and her 4 year old DD this time, we are planning on getting the train in - the express is about 40 odd minutes as i recall - doing the hoho bus for one loop and getting the train back.

Lorraine
NCL 12 Day Hawaiian Cruise April 2008; DCL 11 Day Mediterranean Cruise August 2010
DCL 14 Day WBTA Sept 2010; DCL 8 Day New York Cruise July 2012; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2014
Old 05-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #97
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
Hi Amy,

The Easy Pisa for the family is 7.15 am Adults only is 12.45.

Sorry I dont know about the Rome tours. We did it on our own last time (well we got the train in and met friends for lunch - very civilised) and it was very very easy. However, all aboard was something like 9.30 pm so much more relaxed! It is me, my sister and her 4 year old DD this time, we are planning on getting the train in - the express is about 40 odd minutes as i recall - doing the hoho bus for one loop and getting the train back.

Lorraine
Hi Lorraine thanks ever so much for your reply - that helps a lot

Are you literally staying on the HOHO or will you get off at certain points?

We are wanting to go to Trevi, Spanish steps & the panthèon, then really just wander around the piazzas - grabbing some pizza & an icecream when we want to rest. I'm just concerned I will spend my whole time there worried about the trains, whereas it looks like the DCL bus might drop off & pick up from the Spanish steps so I think I might relax a bit more with that!

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #98
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Well after the DCL website being down when i first tried to book activities i managed to get on and book Palo brunch the first sea day and Palo dinner for the Rome day. At time of booking there was plenty of availability for brunch.

104 days and counting!

Lorraine
Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #99
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Hi Amy,

i am not 100% sure - I would like to get on and off at certain points as you say - although i have done Rome before so not too worried and as we will have a 4 year old with us dragging her around sites may not be idea. It will probably be a decision on the day - if we get there early enough and have plenty of time we will probably do a couple of things. I need to investigate what time the express train runs back. I think we got back to port around 7 last time and as i say with 9.30 sail away it was great. It was about 9 euros each on the train so a lot cheaper than the excursion. Decisions decisions!

Lorraine
Old 05-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #100
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
Hi Amy,

i am not 100% sure - I would like to get on and off at certain points as you say - although i have done Rome before so not too worried and as we will have a 4 year old with us dragging her around sites may not be idea. It will probably be a decision on the day - if we get there early enough and have plenty of time we will probably do a couple of things. I need to investigate what time the express train runs back. I think we got back to port around 7 last time and as i say with 9.30 sail away it was great. It was about 9 euros each on the train so a lot cheaper than the excursion. Decisions decisions!

Lorraine
I know what you mean about decisions - my head is constantly spinning with it all. We're also thinking of going to Capri for the day on our own, but again with two children in tow & possibly hot weather not sure if its a good idea or not!

Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #101
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

With regards to the fish extender exchange - would it be a pain to ask which country everyone is from? I have some gift ideas which might be novel for some - but less interesting for any of my British friends!

Ps - this will seem like a strange question, but was anyone else on the same cruise back in 2011 (August 20th to be precise)? The reason I ask is because I was quite pleased with the FE gifts I gave that year & would repeat them if I knew no one had received them from me before!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #102
pandanasbearz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎48374926
With regards to the fish extender exchange - would it be a pain to ask which country everyone is from? I have some gift ideas which might be novel for some - but less interesting for any of my British friends!

Ps - this will seem like a strange question, but was anyone else on the same cruise back in 2011 (August 20th to be precise)? The reason I ask is because I was quite pleased with the FE gifts I gave that year & would repeat them if I knew no one had received them from me before!
My family is from Thailand, but I study in the UK - so your gift will probably be novel for them anyways , and this is our first ever Disney cruise .
Haven't started looking at gifts yet but will have to start soon!

102 days left!

Sunny
pandanasbearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #103
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai&bump View Post

We're from the UK - but a gifts a gift!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #104
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

We are from the UK but don't think that matters. I went on a Med cruise in 2010 and look forward to seeing any FE gifts xxx
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #105
ToonTagTrolleyDollie
Brunette on the outside, Blonde on the inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎48374926
UK, I think most of us are to be honest

A quick question, this is my families first disney cruise and so we don't know know a lot about fish extender gifts, what kinds of things are given?
Thanks

Much Love
ToonTagTrolleyDollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: