Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Eek!!! How long is it from the boat to the airport?
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
BeckyMJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
Welcome Becky. Did your boys do the fish extender last time you cruised?
Hey, we didnt do FE last time as it was our first cruise and were unsure of what it was (and we still are unsure).
We are from the UK too and I'm looking for flights but am unsure of who to fly with. We have only done long haul to Florida usually with Virgin. BA are looking cheapest at the mo! Anyone any ideas or tips.
Becky
5 trips to WDW
Disney Dream 2012
DLP 2013
Magic 2013
BeckyMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #33
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Fish Extender is awesome!! Your boys are just at the right age to appreciate it! I will try and find a link that explains it but it is basically like a secret Santa type thing. Honestly your kids will love it!
As for flights, I have just booked mine and BA came out the cheapest by a long way. I wasn't expecting them to but that is definitely the way it worked out. I don't think it matters too much who you fly with as it is such a short flight ( I'm the same, usually long haul to one side of the States or the other then I am a bit more choosy!) but I have to admit the fact that everything was included and no extra bag costs or anything was nice. However last time we did the med cruise (2 years ago) I flew back on BA and it was awful!!! Lol I am hoping that we were just unlucky!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #34
BeckyMJ
Earning My Ears

We are flying from up north, but half the flights we have to change in London! Cant decide
Does anyone have any idea when Disney will be putting up what port adventures they will be doing next year. I know we cant book them yet but just wanted a nosey.
5 trips to WDW
Disney Dream 2012
DLP 2013
Magic 2013
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
caj15
Earning My Ears

Hi all, just joining in, We are first time cruisers and very much looking forward to it. Would be interested in FE info if anyone wants to put up with us. 2 adults and 3 kids (11, 13, 15) at time of travel.

Caj
caj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #36
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caj15
Hi all, just joining in, We are first time cruisers and very much looking forward to it. Would be interested in FE info if anyone wants to put up with us. 2 adults and 3 kids (11, 13, 15) at time of travel.

Caj
Yay!! Definitely , the more the merrier I have been trawling the FE boards - some of the things people have swapped are amazing!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

Hi,

I am in the UK and think I will be on this cruise with my sister and her DD3 (nearly 4). Very excited, a girls only holiday, cant wait to see it through my nieces eyes

Trying to work out the best way to book. Considered using DVC points for at least one adult, booking with DU or this afternoon i found that Virgin holidays are booking for this - although it has disappeared from their website from looking at lunch time to this evening. Hopefully it is just a blip!

Lorraine
DCL 14 Day CA to FL Relocation Cruise Aug 2005; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2007
NCL 12 Day Hawaiian Cruise April 2008; DCL 11 Day Mediterranean Cruise August 2010
DCL 14 Day WBTA Sept 2010; DCL 8 Day New York Cruise July 2012; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2014
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #38
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Hi all - just realised I haven't joined this thread!! we are booked on this cruise and the one on 31st aug and I've been on that thread since the beginning and just came on here to see why this one is so quiet and it turns out that I never joined it in the first place!!

Anyway.. We are a family of four - myself (Amy), Dh (Steve) and two boys - Kai (who will be 9 when we travel) and Lucas (who will be 6)

I hadn't planned on doing the FE exchange this time, but Lucas is already talking about the little packages we deliver and receive, I think he thinks it's automatically part of the cruise!! So I don't know if anyone is planning a FE exchange but we would be interested?

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

This does seem like a very quiet thread! Glad you are coming though my boys are similar ages to yours (will be 5 and 9) and I know they think he FE is part of the included cruise experience!! They think it is just a Disney cruise 'thing' and don't expect it on other boats though! If no one else wants to do it I will happily organise the FE , prob not til after Christmas though!! I am currently planning an exciting way to tell my boys about the cruise as it is part of their Xmas present!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #40
BeckyMJ
Earning My Ears

We have changed cruise

Hi all, we have changed our cruise date. We are going the following week. Hope you all have a great time
Becky
5 trips to WDW
Disney Dream 2012
DLP 2013
Magic 2013
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #41
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
This does seem like a very quiet thread! Glad you are coming though my boys are similar ages to yours (will be 5 and 9) and I know they think he FE is part of the included cruise experience!! They think it is just a Disney cruise 'thing' and don't expect it on other boats though! If no one else wants to do it I will happily organise the FE , prob not til after Christmas though!! I am currently planning an exciting way to tell my boys about the cruise as it is part of their Xmas present!
Hiya - thats great news about our boys being similar ages - previous cruises we have taken we haven't had any children the same sort of age to our boys

Thank you for volunteering to sort the FE gift exchange - I think after christmas will be great - we still have plenty of time. I have relented and have agreed to participate (the boys won!!)

Let us know what you decide to do with your Christmas surprise - that sounds very exciting!! We are planning a surprise for Christmas 2013 as we fly to Florida on 27th Dec 2013 and are keeping the vacation a secret until christmas Day

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎46796144
Hiya - thats great news about our boys being similar ages - previous cruises we have taken we haven't had any children the same sort of age to our boys

Thank you for volunteering to sort the FE gift exchange - I think after christmas will be great - we still have plenty of time. I have relented and have agreed to participate (the boys won!!)

Let us know what you decide to do with your Christmas surprise - that sounds very exciting!! We are planning a surprise for Christmas 2013 as we fly to Florida on 27th Dec 2013 and are keeping the vacation a secret until christmas Day
Are you keeping a surprise until NEXT Christmas?? Wow! I am smuggling with this! But.... We would like to go over Xmas holidays if not next year then the year after and I LOVE keeping them in the dark! The only part i have organised is that i ordered some little treasure chests from Yellow Moon which I will decorate but not sure what I will do with them! Some sort of treasure hunt definitely.
Glad you decided to do FE!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Hmmm. Obviously I am struggling, not smuggling!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #44
mickbrett
Earning My Ears

Hi there. Haven't been on in a while. We are travelling from South Africa. Boys will be 4 yrs and 2 yrs old. Would love to participate in the FE if someone is patient enough
to walk us through the process. :-)
mickbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #45
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Hmmm thought I had replied to this but it doesn't seem to be here!! I promise I will get FE sorted as soon as Christmas chaos has gone! Great to have more people on board, the more the merrier!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: