Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Ooh goodie goodie! Hopefully someone will join who has organised before. If not I will happily do it in order for it to go ahead ..... tho no idea what to do! Just registered with easyjet to get an update when Barcelona dates on sale . Very excited!!!!
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
Maskesa
Earning My Ears
 
Maskesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201
Ooh goodie goodie! Hopefully someone will join who has organised before. If not I will happily do it in order for it to go ahead ..... tho no idea what to do! Just registered with easyjet to get an update when Barcelona dates on sale . Very excited!!!!
Are you flying in from UK ? We are ! We are looking foutre flights from any London airport. Been checking Easyjet to see when flights go live.x
Maskesa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #18
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Yes. Flying from UK. London as well. The flights go live end Oct/ beg. Nov. apparently.
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
Yes. Flying from UK. London as well. The flights go live end Oct/ beg. Nov. apparently.
Hi sorry to highjack your thread but I'm leaving on June 1 Med cruise after touring London and Paris for a few days. Thinking about taking easyjet from Paris to Barcelona. The price is currently 38 Euros which is an excellent price compared to the train tickets I priced. Any tips from those who've used easyjet before would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by krispykreme97; 09-24-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: price in USD instead of Euros
krispykreme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #20
Maskesa
Earning My Ears
 
Maskesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme97

Hi sorry to highjack your thread but I'm leaving on June 1 Med cruise after touring London and Paris for a few days. Thinking about taking easyjet from Paris to Barcelona. The price is currently 38 Euros which is an excellent price compared to the train tickets I priced. Any tips from those who've used easyjet before would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Easyjet is a very very basic airline. Like most they charge for luggage and if you want to pre book your seats together, so this can bump up final cost and they will add on a card handling fee as well. But these days most airline all have these hidden extras. I have travelled with them several times and would use them again ..
Maskesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Yes, the first time I flew Easyjet I was panicking like mad that we would not be able to sit together. There was only me and my 2 boys travelling and i was convinced me and the lo would be in one place and the older one would be sat by himself. However they have a policy that people with kids under 6 will be sat together so I didn't need to pay extra for seat allocation. You do have to pay per bag for luggage but this is cheaper (though not cheap!) in advance. Like Maskesa I have now travelled with them several times and would do again. In fact last Disney Cruise we flew home on BA, mum flew Easyjet.... Guess who had all the problems!!!! It wasn't her!
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 346

Thank you both this is very reassuring! I guess I can come back and add luggage as I don't have any idea how much I will pack but my plan is to pack only carryons. In the states each person is allowed one 21 inch suitcase and a personal bag such as a backpack. It's my understanding that on easy jet each person is allowed 20kg. So if my each person's bag meets that weight requirement do I just then pay for our extra bags?
krispykreme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
Maskesa
Earning My Ears
 
Maskesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme97
Thank you both this is very reassuring! I guess I can come back and add luggage as I don't have any idea how much I will pack but my plan is to pack only carryons. In the states each person is allowed one 21 inch suitcase and a personal bag such as a backpack. It's my understanding that on easy jet each person is allowed 20kg. So if my each person's bag meets that weight requirement do I just then pay for our extra bags?
From the easyjet website.
Each passenger may carry*one item of hand baggage/ carry on only, measuring a*maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm*(including wheels, pockets and handles).

This means…

…one laptop case, or
…one brief case, or
…one handbag/bumbag, or
…one rucksack, or
…one carrier bag, or
...one wedding dress

No weight restriction applies*however you must be able to place and retrieve the item of baggage safely in the overhead lockers without assistance. Small items must be placed underneath the seat in front

An overcoat, shawl, umbrella, crutches or walking frame/stick*and one standardised*bag of goods purchased*at the departure airport may also be carried in addition to the one item allowance.

You will have to pay extra for every 20 kg of luggage you check in. I would advise you to book your luggage at time of booking. I have a feeling you will pay extra if you amend your booking. EG Adding luggage at a later date.
)
Maskesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskesa View Post
From the easyjet website.
Each passenger may carry*one item of hand baggage/ carry on only, measuring a*maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm*(including wheels, pockets and handles).

This means…

…one laptop case, or
…one brief case, or
…one handbag/bumbag, or
…one rucksack, or
…one carrier bag, or
...one wedding dress

No weight restriction applies*however you must be able to place and retrieve the item of baggage safely in the overhead lockers without assistance. Small items must be placed underneath the seat in front

An overcoat, shawl, umbrella, crutches or walking frame/stick*and one standardised*bag of goods purchased*at the departure airport may also be carried in addition to the one item allowance.

You will have to pay extra for every 20 kg of luggage you check in. I would advise you to book your luggage at time of booking. I have a feeling you will pay extra if you amend your booking. EG Adding luggage at a later date.
)
Thanks
krispykreme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #25
BeckyMJ
Earning My Ears
 
BeckyMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 18

Hello all

Just booked our second Disney cruise. We will be sailing on the 24th August. Did the Bahamas in February and can't wait to do the Med next year. It me my husband and our two little boys who will be 7 and 3 when we sail.
Cant wait
Becky
__________________
[CENTER]
Married in Disney world 2008
6 trips to DLP
5 trips to WDW
Disney Dream 2012
DLP 2013
Magic 2013
BeckyMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

Welcome Becky. Did your boys do the fish extender last time you cruised?
Maskesa, just thought I would let you know that I got an email from easyjet today saying flights had been released BUT when I went to book they seemed really expensive!! I have just booked BA instead for £250 cheaper than EJ (total for 5). I was really annoyed with myself bc flights with BA have been out for a while and I didn't even think to check bc I presumed EJ would be far cheaper!!! Still I have now booked so am feeling quite excited! I'm now panicking that I haven't left enough time to get to the airport for my flight after the cruise!!!
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #27
Maskesa
Earning My Ears
 
Maskesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 31

Maskesa, just thought I would let you know that I got an email from easyjet today saying flights had been released BUT when I went to book they seemed really expensive!! I have just booked BA instead for £250 cheaper than EJ (total for 5). I was really annoyed with myself bc flights with BA have been out for a while and I didn't even think to check bc I presumed EJ would be far cheaper!!! Still I have now booked so am feeling quite excited! I'm now panicking that I haven't left enough time to get to the airport for my flight after the cruise!!! [/QUOTE]

Thanks Liberty. I will take a look.at flights and see what prices I come up with.
What time are your flights pre and post cruise ?
Maskesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #28
MrGLWatson
Gary from the UK
 
MrGLWatson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradford, UK
Posts: 75

I'd better get a move on and book the flights, probably going out a day or two before the cruise starts - this is what we did for this cruise last year.
Last year to stayed at the Novotel Barcelona City, so will probably book that again as it was nice.
__________________
Gary Watson

1983 - Polynesian Resort
2005 - Calabay Parc
2007 - Bahama Bay
2009 - iDrive Hotel
2010 - DCL - Dover to Barcelona (8 night)
2011- DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2013 - DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2014 - DCL Med Cruise (12 night)
2015 - DCL Alaska Cruise (2 x 7 night)
MrGLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
liberty6201
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 253

I am flying in 2 days before cruise. Am looking at apartment hotels in barcelona bc there are 5 of us. Our flight back is 1.pm but we flew home early last time so ive no idea how much time to allow. Looked on here and ppl seem to be saying any time after half 12 so should be ok!, have been looking on ebay for pirate outfits today!!
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
MrGLWatson
Gary from the UK
 
MrGLWatson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradford, UK
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post
I am flying in 2 days before cruise. Am looking at apartment hotels in barcelona bc there are 5 of us. Our flight back is 1.pm but we flew home early last time so ive no idea how much time to allow. Looked on here and ppl seem to be saying any time after half 12 so should be ok!, have been looking on ebay for pirate outfits today!!
Last time we had to wait ages for our taxi to come and collect us from the port (it was one hour late, booked for 09:30 came at 10:30).
Last year we stayed an extra day after the cruise. The flights on the Sunday were also a little later than on the Saturday.
__________________
Gary Watson

1983 - Polynesian Resort
2005 - Calabay Parc
2007 - Bahama Bay
2009 - iDrive Hotel
2010 - DCL - Dover to Barcelona (8 night)
2011- DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2013 - DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2014 - DCL Med Cruise (12 night)
2015 - DCL Alaska Cruise (2 x 7 night)
MrGLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.