Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #1546
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip&dale&fun View Post
I know, I know......it is white stuff that is not sand. And it is cold...It falls out of the sky about once ever 100 years and when it does they let the kids out of school and prisoners out of jails and everyone dances in the streets. The one weatherman that predicted snow is laughed at by her peers until it comes true and she gets a super job in New York.

I think it was 1977....
Well, you obviously do not live in Upstate New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, etc.

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #1547
paulcrsb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
What is "grapple" ?
I was wondering what "grapple" was also.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #1548
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Grapple use to be known as corn snow. It's like little pellets of snow. Can't tell you anything technical about it however.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #1549
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
What is "grapple" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyC_fan View Post
Grapple use to be known as corn snow. It's like little pellets of snow. Can't tell you anything technical about it however.
Exactly! We have a weatherman here that seems to love the term. Now when local station is advertising for the news between evening shows they show this particular weatherman using this term over and over and over. Makes us chuckle. I had not heard the term, nor do I remember having this type of snow from my childhood in Colorado.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #1550
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Exactly! We have a weatherman here that seems to love the term. Now when local station is advertising for the news between evening shows they show this particular weatherman using this term over and over and over. Makes us chuckle. I had not heard the term, nor do I remember having this type of snow from my childhood in Colorado.
thanks!

I once heard a weather man use a term for lightening that was unfamiliar so I looked it up. It meant intra cloud lightening--not cloud to cloud or cloud to earth. Now I cannot find it. Any weather-fans have an idea?

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #1551
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
You must have had the same weathman from NY. He liked that word alot. He explained it as snow & rain mixed together but it wasn't sleet because of the texture.

Tina
Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1552
goofprincess
DIS Veteran

ALOHA EVERYONE IN GROUP 7 FE; WE HAVE HAD A CHANGE IN OUR CABIN; WE ARE NOW IN 5624!!!!

MAHALO GOOFPRINCESS
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #1553
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I got my cruise documents today. I came back from a meeting at work and somebody had left them on my desk.

One of our special shirts is getting an outing tomorrow. Parcelforce is still holding my Hawaiian sun dresses hostage even though customs has now released them. We have a big rebrand launch at work tomorrow and will have a charity day to celebrate. The dress code for tomorrow is either national dress or wacky vacation outfits. So I headed into town after work to a fancy dress shop and got a grass skirt, a lei and a Hibiscus flower for my hair. I will team this up with our cruise shirt, flip flops and a pair of earrings from Hokey Donut.

Corinna
Congrats on getting your docs. Hope mine isn't far behind. Have fun tomorrow.

Tina
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #1554
Evenean
Mouseketeer

Thank you Ella and SerbianPrincess!

I think I have a medium sized draw string back that might work and I will hopefully remember to add ties. Time to remake my packing list.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #1555
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks!

I once heard a weather man use a term for lightening that was unfamiliar so I looked it up. It meant intra cloud lightening--not cloud to cloud or cloud to earth. Now I cannot find it. Any weather-fans have an idea?

Not weatherman...but is is sheet lightning?

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #1556
Pixiegran
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks!

It is what we call spongy snow up here. Not the like fluffy powder but a wetter bouncy snow Think it is the "new" weather word this year.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #1557
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:
Yep, we sure do get it here in Colorado.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #1558
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenean View Post
I had been hoping that I would have time to be able to make an FE but it is becoming more likely that I'm not going to get to it.

So, it is okay to use something like a backpack?

I would love to buy one but it is going to be a very long time before we cruise again, and next time there will be children with us. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofprincess View Post
ALOHA EVERYONE IN GROUP 7 FE; WE HAVE HAD A CHANGE IN OUR CABIN; WE ARE NOW IN 5624!!!!

MAHALO GOOFPRINCESS
my short list for printing is updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&pli=1#gid=1
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #1559
cquick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post

One of our special shirts is getting an outing tomorrow. Parcelforce is still holding my Hawaiian sun dresses hostage even though customs has now released them. We have a big rebrand launch at work tomorrow and will have a charity day to celebrate. The dress code for tomorrow is either national dress or wacky vacation outfits. So I headed into town after work to a fancy dress shop and got a grass skirt, a lei and a Hibiscus flower for my hair. I will team this up with our cruise shirt, flip flops and a pair of earrings from Hokey Donut.

Corinna
You are so Cool! Corinna....your new name...Cool Corinna the Hawaiian girl!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #1560
cquick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
So my job here is done, I hope you all enjoy your table mates company and if you don't well... sorry, did my best
Dear Paula, THANK YOU!
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, theme nights

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: