Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #76
Fun Aunt and Uncle
Earning My Ears

I'm not too "crafty," but I made my own fish extender fairly easily. I bought a patriotic placemat and some stars and striped dishtowels on sale at JoAnne Fabrics. I attached a wooden dowel and hanging ribbon to the top of placemat (vertically) and cut apart the dishtowels to sew on, thus forming four pockets. All I have left to do is find some iron-on letters to put each person's name on their pocket and attach a few Disney patches that I picked up at JoAnne's as well. Now I'm just hoping to join a group, so we can participate. I've purchased a lot of little surprises to put in other people's fish extenders. Whoever came up with this idea was quite clever. It's a way to create our own magical moments on the cruise.
-Jacqueline
Fun Aunt and Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #77
Fun Aunt and Uncle
Earning My Ears

[Dear Vince,
What a great idea to have a short meet and greet on board. Thank you for organizing the event. I already posted this suggestion on the Facebook page, but I'm adding it here as well, just to be on the safe side. I was thinking it might be helpful and fun for the adults to have nametags (including their home state), so we can recognize the people in our group more easily. I'm willing to fill them out prior to the cruise to make things move smoothly. Let me know if you would like me to go ahead with this plan and thank you again.
Sincerely,
Jacqueline

Last edited by Fun Aunt and Uncle; 06-09-2013 at 04:38 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #78
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the post

My DS hates dressing up at age 10 he gets if from DH lol

I am familiar with etsy my DD has her own page there .

~Cookie
Cookie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #79
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

Help. Sailing DREAM June 30

was interested in doing FE however I am 2wks post op from spinal surgery (still excited and need this vacation) is it acceptable to still deliver goodies to other FE? Or we have to be part of group? I don't participate in FB so I can't see links and posts there. LQQK forward to seeing and meeting new friends on board !

Thanks everyone.

Cookie
Old 06-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #80
Fun Aunt and Uncle
Earning My Ears

You can always get the reluctant few a "This is My Pirate Costume" shirt. That wouldn't be difficult to make yourself either, with a blank shirt and some fabric markers. Cafepress.com has some silly shirts about walking the plank which might appeal to your son. In addition, there is a pirate museum within walking distance of the ship in Nassau. There are some great shirts in the gift shop and no admittance fee for shopping!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #81
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

I thank you again
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #82
Kokokam
Earning My Ears

Hello All, this will be our first time cruising so we are really excited to be sailing on the Disney Dream. We are a family of three, Myself, my husband and our son (6). I am looking forward to meeting you all. See you Sunday after next.
Kokokam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #83
The Auger
Earning My Ears

My first cruise too! Also first vacation with 13 month old daughter! Are we crazy?!
The Auger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: