Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #61
vcunning
Mouseketeer

This is also posted on the Facebook Private Group (see above for access)

Meet and Greet . . . Who wants to come?

We're at the 30 day mark. And here is your invitation:

- WHAT: Short, casual get-together on the ship .
- WHEN: Embarkation Day, 2:30 - 3:00
- WHERE: Bon Voyage area located on Deck 3, Midship, situated in the grand atrium

It's a great opportunity for us on this FB site to actually meet each other. I thought I would keep it short since we're probably all so busy.

POST HERE and let me know if you can make it. Let me know how many are in your group (because you might get a little PRESENT if you show up).

Any questions . . . I can be reached at Vince Cunningham 860-478-2078 vcunning@mac.com
vcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #62
Cherika75
Earning My Ears

This sounds like a great idea. We would love to meet up with you guys and the group. I am still waiting for acceptance on the FB page. My husband and I and 2 daughters 15 & 10, traveling with our friends/neighbors also party of 4. This is our FIRST CRUISE!! Any tips for us are greatly welcomed...
Cherika75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #63
vcunning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherika75 View Post
This sounds like a great idea. We would love to meet up with you guys and the group. I am still waiting for acceptance on the FB page. My husband and I and 2 daughters 15 & 10, traveling with our friends/neighbors also party of 4. This is our FIRST CRUISE!! Any tips for us are greatly welcomed...
Great. We look forward to meeting your gang. 2 families here too. All boys: 15, 14, 13 and 6. I think were up to 30 or 35 people now.

Do you have any excursions planned?
Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #64
Cherika75
Earning My Ears

Excursions yes, we have booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and at Castaway Cay we are going to do the snorkel-sting ray-raft-bike package...after I finish the 5k.

I am still waiting for acceptance on the FB page. Can you give me some more information on the fish extenders?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
Cherika75
Earning My Ears

Hi we are a family of 4 - Me, husband, Hannah (15) and Abby (10) and this is our first Disney Cruise!!

I sent my request to join the facebook group. I look forward to meeting some new friends and also the fish extenders that I keep hearing about sounds like fun.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #66
vcunning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherika75 View Post
Excursions yes, we have booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and at Castaway Cay we are going to do the snorkel-sting ray-raft-bike package...after I finish the 5k.

I am still waiting for acceptance on the FB page. Can you give me some more information on the fish extenders?
We're doing the Sting Ray at 3:00. What's your time> Regarding the Fish Extenders, I know the person that is managing the FaceBook page is actually moving to a new house this weekend. I'm sure she'll be in touch in a few days. There are 2 groups of 10 now. I'm guessing you'll probably join one of those.

Do you have costumes for Pirate night?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #67
Cherika75
Earning My Ears

Our time for the sting-ray is 11:00am. Yes I was added on to the facebook page. We don't have costumes yet, going to find something this weekend. Does everyone really get into it the costumes or not very much? Trying to decide exactly what to bring
Old 06-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #68
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream 6/30/13

Anyone sailing on this voyage? This will be 4th cruise but OUR first DISNEY CRUISE.
DH and DS age 9 - we are very excited
Cookie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #69
jmama567
Earning My Ears

We're on it! DH and DD-2. It's our first one.

Last edited by jmama567; 06-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
jmama567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #70
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

that's great! I think I am more excited than DH and DS lol.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #71
jmama567
Earning My Ears

I am definitely more excited than DH! DD keeps saying how the big ship will be so much fun!
jmama567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #72
Fun Aunt and Uncle
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender Participation

My husband and I are taking our 10 and 4-year-old nieces on this cruise. It's our first Disney cruise and we are so excited. We've been saving up for a while and can't wait to spoil our nieces! I've been reading up on the fish extenders and we really want to participate as well. I hope it's not too late. I just requested to join the Facebook group.
Fun Aunt and Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #73
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

I was reading about "fish extenders" did you read about those?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #74
Cookie67
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!! This will be my 5th trip to Bahamas, 4th Cruise but Our FIRST DISNEY Cruise! I am super excited!
DH and DS age 10. We live in Florida anyone else from Florida? We are originally from NY.
I was interested in doing FE however I am 2wks post op from spinal surgery (still excited and need this vacation) is it acceptable to still deliver goodies to other FE? Or we have to be part of group? I don't participate in FB so I can't see links and posts there. LQQK forward to seeing and meeting new friends on board !

Also, do you have to dress up for the pirate night? Or does anyone go in reg attire?

Feel free to private message me
~ cookie
Old 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #75
Fun Aunt and Uncle
Earning My Ears

Dressing up

It's my first Disney cruise, but I've looked at pictures and from what I've seen a lot of people dress up in some form or another for Pirate Night. We certainly are (I'll look for any excuse to wear a costume!). If you go to etsy.com and search for pirate/Disney there are a lot of shirts and other items related to Mickey's Pirate Night. You may still have time to order something, or you might just get some ideas to put together your own outfit.
-Jacqueline
Fun Aunt and Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: