Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #721
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Bambi, I'll bring a power washer and we can hose down both Tim and Barry once they cross the finish line.
Good idea. Bring one of those stiff wire brushes too just in case there is some caked on gunk.

Quote:
It can get cold down here you know. I remember way back in the winter of aught-six we actually had frost on the grass.
We get frost here too. Sometimes 6 or 8 inches of frost in a night.

Quote:
Ummmm, No. Do I have to remind you that Fantasyland is in Orlando?

Quote:
Looked at the budget. Had to renegotiate the contracts with Nike and Coke but found enough to double Randall's salary. The only thing is Barry, you have to endorse Beverly in a commercial.
Celebrity endorsements? Nice work CJ. I assume you'll be taking your standard 85%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

I walked .2miles, ran 5 miles (52:35), then walked .2 miles. 60 minutes total. It wasn't that hard. I mean I was glad when I was done running but I made it through. I hope to be back running tomorrow morning for my first back to back running days in a long while.

Maybe this 13.1 run is going to be possible.
Nice work Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Nice!! I'm impressed. For some reason I tend to hit a mental wall at 3.1 miles. While I'm pretty sure my body could go on, my mind craps out and says "OK, we're done!"

I gotta figure out how to get past that.
The simplest way is to run 3.1 miles, then instead of stopping, just keep going.
Ok, that's probably not the most inspirational quote. Try this one instead:

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #722
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

With the 4 miles I ran tonight, I'm now up to a grand total of 250 miles since Tim challenged me to train for and run a half marathon.

Daaaaaang.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #723
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Bambi, I'll bring a power washer and we can hose down both Tim and Barry once they cross the finish line.
Does the power washer have a soap attachment or do we need a separate sprayer for that?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #724
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

We get frost here too. Sometimes 6 or 8 inches of frost in a night.
It's not frost. It is a naughty 4 letter word that we will hope does not happen ever again.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #725
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
With the 4 miles I ran tonight, I'm now up to a grand total of 250 miles since Tim challenged me to train for and run a half marathon.
Congratulations to you!!! I haven't been keeping track of how many miles I've run. I didn't know we had to do that.

I ran back to back days for the first time today. I've been taking a day off in between runs. I ran 3 miles at my 10:30 pace. The legs were a little tired at the beginning but they started feeling better after the first mile.

I read through some 1/2 training schedules and most of them include only one long run a week. I thought I'd need to get up to running 8-10 miles at a time 3-4 times a week. I guess once I get up to 5 or 6 consistently, then I can just push the longer distance 1 time a week. (If this is wrong, please someone tell me!!!!)
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #726
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Congratulations to you!!! I haven't been keeping track of how many miles I've run. I didn't know we had to do that.
We probably don't, but I'm a pretty big nerd. Every run gets either GPS tracked or (in the case of a treadmill run) manually entered. I started with the runtastic app, but have switched to runkeeper because I like it better.

Quote:
I ran back to back days for the first time today. I've been taking a day off in between runs. I ran 3 miles at my 10:30 pace. The legs were a little tired at the beginning but they started feeling better after the first mile.
That's Nice!
Quote:
I read through some 1/2 training schedules and most of them include only one long run a week. I thought I'd need to get up to running 8-10 miles 3-4 times a week. I guess once I get up to 5 or 6 consistently, then I can just push the longer distance 1 time a week. (If this is wrong, please someone tell me!!!!)
That's what I've been going for as well. 2 or 3 runs during the week between 3-5 miles, then pushing the distance a little more every weekend. I'm shooting for an 8 miler this weekend.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #727
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
We probably don't, but I'm a pretty big nerd. Every run gets either GPS tracked or (in the case of a treadmill run) manually entered. I started with the runtastic app, but have switched to runkeeper because I like it better.
I'm a big fan of runkeeper as well. Granted, I only have a few runs on it, it's fun to see how I do and be able to track progress. Here's my link: http://runkeeper.com/user/Rental01
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Rental01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #728
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

I walked .2miles, ran 5 miles (52:35), then walked .2 miles. 60 minutes total. It wasn't that hard. I mean I was glad when I was done running but I made it through. I hope to be back running tomorrow morning for my first back to back running days in a long while.

Great job. I have scaled the mileage back down because my foot started bothering me.

I can usually do 5 and pull out an 8 but I have to carry some power beans or something because I really feel it. But I am still so slow, short legs.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #729
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

You got this Tim !!!!. Team Tim will be ready to go.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #730
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

let me just say you both are doing great,but my support still goes out to Tim!!
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #731
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
That's what I've been going for as well. 2 or 3 runs during the week between 3-5 miles, then pushing the distance a little more every weekend. I'm shooting for an 8 miler this weekend.
I ran 3 miles this morning. I've had a head cold since Friday. Running this morning sucked but I got through it. I'll take tomorrow off and run on Wed & Thurs and hopefully Sat.

Did you end up getting your 8 miler in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Great job. I have scaled the mileage back down because my foot started bothering me.

I can usually do 5 and pull out an 8 but I have to carry some power beans or something because I really feel it. But I am still so slow, short legs.
I hope your foot starts feeling better.

I don't eat or drink anything in the morning before I run. I will say that once I get home, I eat whatever I can find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
You got this Tim !!!!. Team Tim will be ready to go.
Yea Man!

Quote:
That's right!!!!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #732
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
I'm a big fan of runkeeper as well. Granted, I only have a few runs on it, it's fun to see how I do and be able to track progress. Here's my link: http://runkeeper.com/user/Rental01
I'm not really sure what a "Street Team" is, but I think I just invited you to join mine.

Also, I didn't forget about your request over on the other site, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote:
Thanks Carl. Just like a true Steeler fan - stick your team, now matter how far down the standings they fall.

Quote:
I ran 3 miles this morning. I've had a head cold since Friday. Running this morning sucked but I got through it. I'll take tomorrow off and run on Wed & Thurs and hopefully Sat.
Running with a cold sucks. Every step gets sent right through your body into your head and pounds it harder than the last one.
Quote:
Did you end up getting your 8 miler in?
Unfortunately, no. I did get in 5 miles last night and am shooting for one or two more runs this week before 8 1/2 on Saturday.

Quote:
I don't eat or drink anything in the morning before I run. I will say that once I get home, I eat whatever I can find!
For my morning runs I like to have a bowl of oatmeal or something. Then, yeah, dive head first into the fridge and eat whatever isn't growing mold when I get home.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #733
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
I'm not really sure what a "Street Team" is, but I think I just invited you to join mine.

Also, I didn't forget about your request over on the other site, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Confirmed! I think that makes us more relevant and adds to our street "cred".

As to the other thing I just figured you were busy running miles around your nemmy.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Rental01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #734
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Got my first run in since vacation (where all my best laid plans went out the window and I laid on the beach all week). Though it felt sluggish and difficult I still managed to run 3.35 miles at the same pace I was hitting before the trip. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back to it feeling easier.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #735
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
For my morning runs I like to have a bowl of oatmeal or something. Then, yeah, dive head first into the fridge and eat whatever isn't growing mold when I get home.
There's a Wisconsonite, cheesehead joke in here somewhere but I can't quite find the words...
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: