Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #706
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
The Kid didn't take her medal off the whole rest of the trip.
I've already told Bambi I'm going to install a nice little hook just outside the tub at home to hold the medal while I'm showering. Other than that, it's going to be on my neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Barry, remember our plan to "excuse ourselves" from the table when the check comes.
Of course. And I'll be subtle about it too. Probably stand up, announce that I'm going to drop the kids off at the pool or take the Browns to the Super Bowl or something, then gather up all my stuff and run for the front door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
You may be pushed in a fountain or some other body of water.
Yup, but that would require you to get within 10 feet of me. At least with a pole or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
What park are you going to? If I'm leaving Epcot, which I'm assuming we will, I might just stop back and take a shower.
Haven't decided yet. Probably should get on that...

Quote:
I thought you were from Wisconsin? So what if it is 50 degrees?
In January, that's called a "heat wave". In August it's called, well, it's also called a "heat wave", come to think about it.

But to an 8 month old baby, it's still down right chilly.

Quote:
Oh no you didn't!!!!! This means WAR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I SO hope that it's 50 degrees for the run. That is about the perfect temp as far as I'm concerned.
That would be nice. I went out Sunday morning when it was around 40 and loved it.

Quote:
This would be hilarious and, if true, might sway me towards Team Barry. I've yet to choose a side. That whole Packer/Cub fan thing is hard to get over. But then again, so is the Yankee fan. The verdict is still out at this time.
Bambi - The Official Wife of Team Barry - is both a White Sox and Bears fan. If that helps at all.

Quote:
SOOOO, the results from yesterdays 5k here at work are in. It turns out that we actually ran 3.312 miles so my time of 35:36 was actually a 10:45 pace. This is an improvement over my 11:00 pace for my previous 5k. Now I feel a little better about it (not that I'm running for time).
Nice Work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Good job. What are your plans (and everyone else's) for January. Stop and take pictures and enjoy the scenery? Run the whole thing? If I could ever get rid of this cold, I would be training a lot harder and would be going for something in the 2:15 to 2:30 range. I did the stop and smell the roses plan last year and got the crap kicked out of me by CJ's daughter. That made me want to improve.
Hard to decide. On one hand, I've been training for months to run 13.1 miles and want to do it in the best time I can. On the other hand, who can pass up a picture with some princesses while you're all sweaty and stinky. Still have to ponder that one a bit...
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #707
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
I think Team Barry has more members.... but Team Tim has better quality members.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #708
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
You got that right. I love my Marketing Department!

Quote:
The last mile is fun again because there are so many people cheering for you. Well, they'll be cheering for you if you're on Team Barry. Not sure about Team Tim.
Remember - Team Barry's cheering section isn't just for me. It's for all of Team Barry. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone still looking to chose sides.

Quote:
I thought of that too... but if I walk I don't think I'm going to run again.
It does help. I've stopped to walk on some of my training run around mile 2 or so if I'm just not feeling it. Walk 1/4 mile or so, then I'm able to run another 2 or 3 without much problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Hey all... new DDC member here (still waiting to get my official "member number").
Welcome Brian!
Quote:
Anyway, ran across this thread last night and I think this challenge is awesome and really inspiring to see. Funny too...
That's odd. I'm usually used more as an "example" than inspiration. But whatever floats your boat.
Quote:
I wanted to chime in and say that I ran my first ever 5K this morning!! (Komen Race for the Cure) Time came in pretty good at right around 28 mins - I'm still waiting for the official results. It was actually much more fun than I thought it would be and it's exponentially more exciting than running by yourself.
My first 5K was the Milwaukee Komen a few years ago. And yes, being surrounded by Eleventy Billion other runners does give you a bit of an energy boost, doesn't it?

Quote:
I'd love to tackle one of the Disney races one day, but I think I've got some serious work to do if I'm going to go farther than 3 or 4 miles. Kudos to you guys for taking this on! I'll be watching...
You can do it. All you need is motivation. And your nemesis to challenge you to do it.

Quote:
But I'm guessing neither Barry or Tim would look to good in a skirt.
Quote:
I think Barry might.
You forget Tim - I look good in anything.

Quote:
I think Team Barry has more members.... but Team Tim has better quality members.
Randal - I think this would be a great place for another sparkly sign, don't you?

Quote:
Barry- how'd you do this weekend? Didn't you stretch it out to 7 miles? I had a short run this weekend but will try to get up to 7 or 8 miles this coming weekend. Based on my runs so far, it will be rough.
The plan was to go Saturday morning, but then I ended up having to spend $1400 to get the van fixed (, but still cheaper than buying a new one) and $3200 to replace the furnace. <--That guy would have come in handy to heat the house, come to think of it.

So I pushed it out till Sunday morning and ran 7.11 miles in 1:16:19 (Tim, that's 10:45 min/miles. I know how doing those guz-intos can be a challenge). I felt nice to get out and clear my head of all of that. And I tried a PowerBar chocolate energy gel thing around mile 4. Holy crud did that taste horrible. I don't know know if it gave me energy or not, but it certainly made me hydrate because I used half of my water bottle to get the taste out of my mouth!

Oh, and the extra .11 miles beyond my goal of 7? I wanted to finish the song playing on my iPod.

Quote:
The bad news is that it is because I took a closer look at the results from last year and found that of all the 37 yr old males from VA, I came in second to last.
Well, you beat that guy pretty good, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Either the run or the Packers must have gotten the best of him.
Sometimes I'm glad that I have too much going on to be able sit and watch the games.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #709
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
I'm going talk to the GM about getting you a raise, Randall.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #710
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You got that right. I love my Marketing Department!

Remember - Team Barry's cheering section isn't just for me. It's for all of Team Barry. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone still looking to chose sides.

Randal - I think this would be a great place for another sparkly sign, don't you?
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #711
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #712
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
You know Nemie, it just doesn't have the same Ring as,

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #713
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Bambi - The Official Wife of Team Barry - is both a White Sox and Bears fan. If that helps at all.
This means I like each of you about half as much as i could.
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #714
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wanted to chime in and say that I ran my first ever 5K this morning!! (Komen Race for the Cure) Time came in pretty good at right around 28 mins - I'm still waiting for the official results. It was actually much more fun than I thought it would be and it's exponentially more exciting than running by yourself.

I'd love to tackle one of the Disney races one day, but I think I've got some serious work to do if I'm going to go farther than 3 or 4 miles. Kudos to you guys for taking this on! I'll be watching...
to a fellow Charlottean. That race went right by the MCAC - I work for aquatics for Meck County.

You will love disney Races- so much fun and encouragement. Did the 5K wine and dine in Oct 11 and signed up for the 1/2 in Jan.

Been real on and off with running lately and now trying to ramp back up again without letting hips, knees, feet get hurt.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #715
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
to a fellow Charlottean. That race went right by the MCAC - I work for aquatics for Meck County.

You will love disney Races- so much fun and encouragement. Did the 5K wine and dine in Oct 11 and signed up for the 1/2 in Jan.

Been real on and off with running lately and now trying to ramp back up again without letting hips, knees, feet get hurt.
Yep, I saw that building as I was huffing and puffing.

I definitely find it hard to get in the groove of consistent running; I'm always looking for some excuse not to go. Hopefully I can stick with this because I actually do feel good once I'm done.

I got my eye on next year's ToT Ten Miler - I saw pictures and posts from the one a couple weeks ago and it looked like a lot of fun. Good luck in the half!

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #716
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
The bad news is that it is because I took a closer look at the results from last year and found that of all the 37 yr old males from VA, I came in second to last.
At least you weren't last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Um... Tim. I'd probably be using this against you if I was a part of Team Barry. Just sayin.
Don't give him any ideas.

Quote:
Either the run or the Packers must have gotten the best of him.
Packers? Who dey?

Quote:
Of course. And I'll be subtle about it too. Probably stand up, announce that I'm going to drop the kids off at the pool or take the Browns to the Super Bowl or something, then gather up all my stuff and run for the front door.
<<<<making mental notes>>>>>

Quote:
Haven't decided yet. Probably should get on that...
Yes. Yes you should.

On a related note- Have you noticed that P&F isn't on Disney channel much these days.

Quote:
In January, that's called a "heat wave". In August it's called, well, it's also called a "heat wave", come to think about it.

Quote:
True.

Quote:
Hard to decide. On one hand, I've been training for months to run 13.1 miles and want to do it in the best time I can. On the other hand, who can pass up a picture with some princesses while you're all sweaty and stinky. Still have to ponder that one a bit...
Princesses it is!

Quote:
It does help. I've stopped to walk on some of my training run around mile 2 or so if I'm just not feeling it. Walk 1/4 mile or so, then I'm able to run another 2 or 3 without much problems.
hummm... this might be my chance to leave you in the dust..

Quote:
You forget Tim - I look good in anything.
?????????????????????????????

http://media.egotvonline.com/wp-cont...-26.jpg?41ed4f

?????????????????????????????

Quote:

Quote:
Ooooohhh Sparkly lights!!!!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #717
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
You may be pushed in a fountain or some other body of water.
Bambi, I'll bring a power washer and we can hose down both Tim and Barry once they cross the finish line.

Quote:

It can get cold down here you know. I remember way back in the winter of aught-six we actually had frost on the grass.

Quote:
What is the difference between that and visiting the princesses while touring the parks in August? They are used to sweaty and stinky tourists.

Quote:
Ummmm, No. Do I have to remind you that Fantasyland is in Orlando?

Quote:
to the DDC and to this thread!
Same here, welcome.

Quote:
I'm going talk to the GM about getting you a raise, Randall.
Looked at the budget. Had to renegotiate the contracts with Nike and Coke but found enough to double Randall's salary. The only thing is Barry, you have to endorse Beverly in a commercial.

Last edited by cj9200; 10-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #718
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

I walked .2miles, ran 5 miles (52:35), then walked .2 miles. 60 minutes total. It wasn't that hard. I mean I was glad when I was done running but I made it through. I hope to be back running tomorrow morning for my first back to back running days in a long while.

Maybe this 13.1 run is going to be possible.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #719
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

I walked .2miles, ran 5 miles (52:35), then walked .2 miles. 60 minutes total. It wasn't that hard. I mean I was glad when I was done running but I made it through. I hope to be back running tomorrow morning for my first back to back running days in a long while.

Nice!! I'm impressed. For some reason I tend to hit a mental wall at 3.1 miles. While I'm pretty sure my body could go on, my mind craps out and says "OK, we're done!"

I gotta figure out how to get past that.

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #720
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a quick update....

I ran 5 miles today!!!!!

Way to go, Tim!
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: