Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #46
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Nice

Well played gentlemen. Oh what team do I pick do I go with the favoured Barry (previous running experience) or the under dog Tim ( doesn't run a lick). I think with some proper training I could throw my support behind Tim ( by support I mean dangling a yuengling in front of him while running).
The underdog is where it's at. Remember the 2011-2012 NY Giants? Superbowl Champs BABY!!!

I swear Carl.... If you hang Yuengling in front of me there is NO WAY I could loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
It's a trap! Don't fall for it. She beat the @#$% out of me in January. She looks all nice and sweet but there's a vicious DisDad-eating cheetah in there.
It can only be a trap if Admiral Ackbar says so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
If my nemesis is joining team timmy, then I must as a good nemeses join Team Barry!
Howdy Loser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
This whole Team Barry/Team Tim thing vaguely reminds me of that Twilight stuff DW watches, only slightly less embarassing .
UGH. My wife watches it too.

Last edited by that's nice; 02-28-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Stopher told me to correct my grammar!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #47
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Interesting premise.

I'll poke in every now and then.
Poke in or poke fun at Barry & I killing ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
well my decision has been made. If you read my post I said I wasnt sure who to back,but since Randall jumped the gun and said I was with team Tim then I might as well join team Tim. Sorry Barry but Randall made me do it
Welcome aboard Carl!

(I'll ship you that 12 pack now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Annnnnnnnnndddddddd he's under the bus once again!
He seems to like it under there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Chin up Barry, we can take them. Now go eat a dozen raw eggs.
Yea Barry... eat the raw eggs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #48
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
This is going to be epic. I can;t wait to read along. Maybe Kathy and I should make our girls trip at the same time so we can come and cheer
I got this weird text message today that says "I have a PTR going and I'm letting you know so you don't get mad." And I thought to myself...he already started his PTR...what the he** is he talking about????I thought maybe it was a mistake and he was really texting me to tell me he had finally mailed my wallet picture of the kids from Christmas (yes, I have not forgotten it, Tim!!!).

So, Mary I think your idea is great...we can jeer...oops, I mean cheer on the boys. And then we could meet Bambi and the kids which I've been wanting to. Oh, and I guess that means I'll meet Tim too.

Last edited by KatMark; 02-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #49
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
As the DW of Barry I must ask...
Here we go...

Quote:
What is the true motivation of Tim? Are you trying to make me a single mother of three by killing off your nemesis? I know I give Barry a hard time but I would kind of like him to stick around for the next few years, at least until the diaper years have passed. What then Madison will be in her tween years and the teen years are right around the corner, he will need to be here for that so I don't go crazy.
I have a record of all the texts... even the ones that I was texting to you.

Quote:
I also think you picked an interesting year to do this. Barry has a brand new baby coming in a few weeks. He can train until then but he may be slightly sleep deprived for a few months. Oh well, he accepted.
I said in my FIRST text that if it wasn't a good time because of the baby, we could do it another time. He said he was down. That's on him. I'm not trying to kill him. Plus I don't get any sleep either. If you don't believe me, give me your cell # and I'll text you when I'm up with Christopher at 1am, 3am, for 5am bottles, and all the other times I'm up with him throughout the night.

Quote:
Either way, I get another Disney trip out of this. I don't have to get up early to watch the race, do I?
Nahhh.. sleep in. I wouldn't want to embarrass Barry in front of his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
OMG I just totally stumbled apron this PTR. So fun! I will be following along as I strive for the Princess half myself in 2013. There is no better motivation than a Disney race.
HEY there!!!

You here to watch us kill ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Shhh...I don;t think Barry knows he has to get up early to RUN the race.
Yea, don't tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
As I recall, one of the participants in this nemesis battle actually LIKES IASW. If only I could remember which one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It has nothing to do with the fact that I will thoroughly enjoy seeing him suffer as he trains to get half marathon ready.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
This is going to be epic. I can;t wait to read along. Maybe Kathy and I should make our girls trip at the same time so we can come and cheer
Hey Mary!!!!

Ohhh... that would be cool. And if I recall, her AP would still be good then!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #50
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I got this weird text message today that says "I have a PTR going and I'm letting you know so you don't get mad." And I thought to myself...he already started his PTR...what the he** is he talking about????I thought maybe it was a mistake and he was really texting me to tell me he had finally mailed my wallet picture of the kids from Christmas (yes, I have not forgotten it, Tim!!!).

So, Mary I think your idea is great...we can jeer...oops, I mean cheer on the boys. And then we could meet Bambi and the kids which I've been wanting to. Oh, and I guess that means I'll meet Tim too.
Well ,well, well. Look who decided to show up.

Errr... about that picture. I guess I should put in in the mail. Now I have to find it again.

So, you don't care about meeting me huh? OK then...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #51
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

You know, there's room for some of you to run too.
Yes, I suppose that's true. But....

why should I?

I'm happy to support you, and tease, harass and cajole - but run? Seriously?

It's been like 20 years since I did that kind of thing. I think I'm better at throwing people under the bus than running and feeling like I've been crushed by one!

I suppose I could run. But, I'm not sure I want to run.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #52
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I have a record of all the texts... even the ones that I was texting to you.
I expected you to tell me in the text messages that you were doing this to get in shape. How else would I approve the trip?

Quote:
I said in my FIRST text that if it wasn't a good time because of the baby, we could do it another time. He said he was down. That's on him. I'm not trying to kill him. Plus I don't get any sleep either. If you don't believe me, give me your cell # and I'll text you when I'm up with Christopher at 1am, 3am, for 5am bottles, and all the other times I'm up with him throughout the night.
Shoot that's it? I am up that many times and more now and Ryder's not here yet. I'd give you my # but most of the time I don't even know where it is. I certainly won't find it in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Nahhh.. sleep in. I wouldn't want to embarrass Barry in front of his wife.
If he survives, I'm happy. But we're talking like a noon race right? Barry is the early riser, not me.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #53
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Oh and Tim - before you get too much further, I just want to point something out to you, especially considering I am one of your most ardent fans and supporters, and your #2 wing man here... I just don't you embarrassing yourself (or us) any more than necessary. Especially since Barry will be coming back around and posting soon enough, and will most likely capitalize on this, (especially since I'm correcting you in public instead of taking you to the woodshed and doing so on a more quiet basis)... but you have a few spelling errors here that we need to examine.

Quote:
Now I see where you stand CJ. Have fun loosing! -
Loosing = 1. to free or release from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.

You actually mean LOSING or not winning (as in Barry).

Quote:
I swear Carl.... If you hang Yuengling in front of me there is NO WAY I could loose.

Howdy Looser!
Loose = 1. uncombined, as a chemical element.
2. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.
3. not put up in a package or other container: loose mushrooms.

Here you actually mean LOSE or LOSER (again, as in Barry). The way you present this, is more along the lines of there is no way that you can oh, I don't know - loosen your pants i.e. after you've had a really, really filling meal, you sit back and open your belt to feel a bit more comfortable.

Just trying to help my friend.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well ,well, well. Look who decided to show up.

Errr... about that picture. I guess I should put in in the mail. Now I have to find it again.

So, you don't care about meeting me huh? OK then...
Well, I'd really love to meet the Princess, Prince and Mel, but you will do in a pinch. Seriously I would love to meet you...you were one of the first real friends I met on the DIS after all.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #55
stopher1

Quote:
If he survives, I'm happy. But we're talking like a noon race right? Barry is the early riser, not me.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #56
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Yes, I suppose that's true. But....

why should I?

I'm happy to support you, and tease, harass and cajole - but run? Seriously?

It's been like 20 years since I did that kind of thing. I think I'm better at throwing people under the bus than running and feeling like I've been crushed by one!

I suppose I could run. But, I'm not sure I want to run.
I don't WANT to run either... but I NEED to run. Or I will be in trouble as I get older.

Quote:
I expected you to tell me in the text messages that you were doing this to get in shape. How else would I approve the trip?
Why would you care if I got in shape? That isn't a reason for you to goto WDW.

Quote:
Shoot that's it? I am up that many times and more now and Ryder's not here yet. I'd give you my # but most of the time I don't even know where it is. I certainly won't find it in the middle of the night.
Well you can check in the am and laugh at me for being up all night.

Quote:
Oh, we only have to be out of the room at like 4am.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #57
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

I think I've found where I'll be getting my entertainment for the year...

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
katoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #58
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Oh and Tim - before you get too much further, I just want to point something out to you, especially considering I am one of your most ardent fans and supporters, and your #2 wing man here... I just don't you embarrassing yourself (or us) any more than necessary. Especially since Barry will be coming back around and posting soon enough, and will most likely capitalize on this, (especially since I'm correcting you in public instead of taking you to the woodshed and doing so on a more quiet basis)... but you have a few spelling errors here that we need to examine.

Loosing = 1. to free or release from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.

You actually mean LOSING or not winning (as in Barry).

Loose = 1. uncombined, as a chemical element.
2. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.
3. not put up in a package or other container: loose mushrooms.

Here you actually mean LOSE or LOSER (again, as in Barry). The way you present this, is more along the lines of there is no way that you can oh, I don't know - loosen your pants i.e. after you've had a really, really filling meal, you sit back and open your belt to feel a bit more comfortable.

Just trying to help my friend.
Wow. Looks like I have the grammar police on my team! I know how incorrect grammar irks you. I didn't put my disclaimer in my first post so I'll put it here... I am not a writer.™

You better watch out Barry!!! Don't get on Christopher's bad side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well, I'd really love to meet the Princess, Prince and Mel, but you will do in a pinch. Seriously I would love to meet you...you were one of the first real friends I met on the DIS after all.
They might be coming... Then again they might not be.

I think Melody is 90% in. The kids on the other hand have about a 40% chance of coming. After taking Juliana out of school for our November trip I don't think we can take her out for 2 more days in January.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #59
stopher1

Quote:
Wow. Looks like I have the grammar police on my team! I know how incorrect grammar irks you. I didn't put my disclaimer in my first post so I'll put it here... I am not a writer.™

You better watch out Barry!!! Don't get on Christopher's bad side!

Actually your grammar don't bother me. Just spelling.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #60
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:

Actually your grammar don't bother me. Just spelling.
I thought you hated the whole your, you're and there, their, they're?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: