Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #136
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sara, Barry is the pun Queen. If you read any of his TRs they are filled with horrible puns. So many, in fact, that his own wife calls him out on them. What I'm trying to say is that you fit in fine here.

I'm already up.... feeding the baby. It's gonna be a long day.
Hahaha oh I know! That's why I figured it would be perfectly okay here!

(Although I am wondering how okay Barry would be about him being crowned the pun Queen, rather than King... Baby-caused confusion?)
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #137
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I'm picturing Melody with a Dole Whip in her hand leading Tim down the street.
More effective motivation for Barry: Dole Whip or Fried Cheese? Discuss.
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #138
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
So.... who's bought their new shoes yet? Sounds like you guys are all talk at this point... it's March already! Let's GO! (Now picture Melody with the whip in her hand chasing Tim down the street)
Well Don since you asked, I did text Barry a picture of my NEW running shoes on February 20th. You wanna see them too?

I did my first run today... I'll post about it in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Tim, break a Leg!
Ummmm... thanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I'm picturing Melody with a Dole Whip in her hand leading Tim down the street.
That would get me running!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #139
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Tim- I just found this report and am so excited to join in! I am looking to do the Princess Half in 2013 or 14. (I wish 2013 but there are too many things holding me back from making it Feb. 2013- $, work, trying to have another kid, DH refusing to go back to WDW in 2013 to name a few)
to our crazy PTR!!!!

DH REFUSING to go back? You need to crack that whip!

Quote:
I completed the C25K in Dec and ran the Christopher Martin 5k in Dec in New Haven. I have been slacking since then but just ran in the WPLR Shamrock 5k yesterday I won't tell you my pathetic time but I didn't walk once I was pretty bummed that I hadn't improved since Dec. but I am hoping that will motivate me to get better by the next one. April has tons of races, I am looking at doing a 4Miler on 4/15 followed by a 5k on 4/22.
AWESOME!!!! I heard about the race a little too late. Since I have not run in a while, I thought I'd kill myself if I tried to run it. It was a beautiful day yesterday too!

Quote:
My coworker did the full Marathon in Jan and he told me about a half Marathon in New Haven that takes place in Sept. Apparently the course is nice and flat, so I am considering training for it. I am just trying to convince my friend that has been doing the 5ks with me that she needs to train too. She hasn't come around yet.
Hummm. I don't see a 1/2 in New Haven? Check out the list HERE

Quote:
My friend was mentioning doing a 5k somewhere near Waterbury in April, but I can't remember where. Maybe I'll run into you one day.
There is a 5K in Waterbury on April 14th. I am thinking of signing up for that one. There is also a 5k & 1/2 marathon in Cheshire on April 29th. I might sign up to run the 5k there too. I need to get out and running!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
way to stay neutral Kathy!
She's doing a good job, isn't she?

Quote:
I am very glad that you two are competing against each other and that there is no cute kid contest because that would have to be tied.
Awww... thanks Mary Ellen!

Quote:
sounds like a good plan Tim!! I wish you BOTH good luck! what a great motivator to run against your nemesis! (Hey, where's Perry?)
Just think... I brought it up to him and he agreed! My plan is working perfectly!

Oh there you are Perry.

Quote:
Looks like you have a running partner to train with!
I'm trying to talk Melody in to training to run in a 5k with me. There is NO WAY she would do a 1/2. I'm not even going there.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #140
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Sounds like you guys are both going to have a fun year getting ready for this.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #141
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha oh I know! That's why I figured it would be perfectly okay here!

Quote:
(Although I am wondering how okay Barry would be about him being crowned the pun Queen, rather than King... Baby-caused confusion?)
Oh, that wasn't a misprint and WAS intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I would say fried cheese. Every time he sees a Dole whip from now on, he is going to know that he owes me Dole Whips for LIFE!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #142
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I'm in. Sounds like you guys are both going to have a fun year getting ready for this.
Hey Ryan!!!

We are glad you are here to tell us where we've gone wrong. We already know that this challenge was a mistake but there is no going back now!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #143
that's nice
DDC #330

I woke up this morning
Got myself a gun,
Mama always said I'd be
The Chosen One.

Ok, well I didn't get a gun but I did want to shoot myself. Today was day #1. The start of my training. I woke up, fed the baby, and got Juliana ready for school. I hopped on the scale to see where I was starting..

211. I must of lost some weight while I was sleeping. LOL I'm sure my weight fluctuates throughout the day but I wasn't feeling too bad about 211. After Juliana got on the bus I got dressed and headed to the gym. I hadn't been there in a while and my membership had run out. They weren't running any specials and for me to sign back up would have cost me close to 3X what I had previously paid.

So I left.

I felt like a failure.

I started driving home and I said to myself, 'Why don't I just run outside?'

I got home and started walking, then running, then walking, then running...

It was a little hard on the lungs in 28° weather but I did it!

I guess the hardest part is getting started and I overcame that. Now I need to try to follow the Couch to 5k schedule. So my next run will be Wednesday. I might even goto the track next time. I'm going to keep watching and join the gym when they run their next special. Hey, I know I'm far away from being able to run 13.2 miles but today was the first step towards accomplishing my goal!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #144
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Way to go on getting the first run out of the way! Those are the hardest!

I am currently doing run a mile walk a minute in my training........well if I am being honest I am actually doing, the hobble 14 feet to the kitchen, sit, rest, hobble back up the stairs to my room, (dumb knee surgery), but I started PT last week so I hope to be back to run a mile walk a minute in April or May! It has improved my 5K time dramatically! A marathon runner recommended it to me!

I never declared a team, but as a brand new runner last year (ran my first road race in August, a 7 mile uphill battle.....literally), I am gonna have to not chose a side. I was fortunate enough to meet the Hoyts (team Hoyt the father son wheelchair racers) the night before and it definitely inspired me to finish! If a 71 year old man can do an iron man challenge with his kid in a wheelchair I could run 7 miles!

Good luck boys!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #145
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Just so you know, I'm cheering for the strangers in the race because I love you both and I will NOT take sides.
Thanks Kathy!

Quote:
I am looking at a 5K on either April 14 or April 29. Maybe I can do both.
There is a 5k that starts just about a mile or so from my house the week before the the CSSW Home Run and Walk that we're doing. I was thinking about doing both but we'll see how training goes.
Quote:
Whose idea was this anyway?
Yours, dude. It was yours. And for some reason, I agreed to it.

Quote:
It is going to take quite a bit of training if we want to RUN in this marathon. They suggest that we are able to do this schedule for 4-5 weeks before we jump into the 12 week 1/2 marathon training.
You want a real eye opener? Find your house on Google Maps, then use the measure tool (the little ruler in the lower left hand part of the map. Start drawing a route around your neighborhood until you get to 13.1 miles. It's a lot farther than it sounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Good luck to both of you with your training!! Barry - The 5K sounds like it is for a wonderful cause!!! Tim - I've heard really really great things about Couch To 5K! And starting off on week 3, you're definitely hitting the ground running! (Bad pun intended! )
Thanks, and the pun was awesome, by the way!

Quote:
Sara, Barry is the pun Queen. If you read any of his TRs they are filled with horrible puns. So many, in fact, that his own wife calls him out on them. What I'm trying to say is that you fit in fine here.
Hey now - some may be just a bit south of awesome, but none dip into the "horrible" range.

Quote:
What a great run cause! See it IS fate!
Thanks!
Quote:
I am very glad that you two are competing against each other and that there is no cute kid contest because that would have to be tied.
Why do you think we're having a 3rd? To beat Tim with shear numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Nobody says you can't have both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Welcome Ryan!
Ummm...can you define "fun" for us? I don't think I quite understand it in the context you used it in.

Quote:
211. I must of lost some weight while I was sleeping. LOL I'm sure my weight fluctuates throughout the day but I wasn't feeling too bad about 211.
I've always read that you need to be consistent when weighing yourself, and to do it right away in the morning after you do your morning business in the bathroom to get the most accurate result. I'll post mine tomorrow.
Quote:
After Juliana got on the bus I got dressed and headed to the gym. I hadn't been there in a while and my membership had run out. They weren't running any specials and for me to sign back up would have cost me close to 3X what I had previously paid.

I have a hard time getting to the gym, so Bambi authorized use of some of our tax refund to get a treadmill. So much easier to motivate myself to go downstairs after putting the kids to bed than to drive to the gym and do it.
Quote:
It was a little hard on the lungs in 28° weather but I did it!

Quote:
I guess the hardest part is getting started and I overcame that. Now I need to try to follow the Couch to 5k schedule. So my next run will be Wednesday. I might even goto the track next time. I'm going to keep watching and join the gym when they run their next special. Hey, I know I'm far away from being able to run 13.2 miles but today was the first step towards accomplishing my goal!
Good News Tim! It's only 13.1 miles! You're that much closer to being done!
Just kidding - great job on the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I never declared a team, but as a brand new runner last year (ran my first road race in August, a 7 mile uphill battle.....literally), I am gonna have to not chose a side. I was fortunate enough to meet the Hoyts (team Hoyt the father son wheelchair racers) the night before and it definitely inspired me to finish! If a 71 year old man can do an iron man challenge with his kid in a wheelchair I could run 7 miles!

Good luck boys!
I saw the video of them doing that - amazing how much strength you can draw when you need to!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #146
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Somehow I totally missed this PTR. Can't have that! Although whatever you do, don't tell Mrs. Knowitall about it. I don't want her putting pressure on me to start this whole "running" thing.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #147
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Somehow I totally missed this PTR. Can't have that! Although whatever you do, don't tell Mrs. Knowitall about it. I don't want her putting pressure on me to start this whole "running" thing.
But, Mark! If you run, you must run in the Disney 1/2 which is in Jan 2013 at the same time as the DISDad's Convention!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #148
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
You don't need a new car.... just work on that biped commuter system.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
middlepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #149
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

For getting started. I did C25K last year to get ready for the Wine and Dine 5K. I really liked it. Did you buy the App? They also have Bridge to 10K once you finish C25K. Also, check out the Jeff Galloway 1/2 training programs(Run Disney has links) I think his programs are a little less harsh than the one you are looking at.

Oh and BTW, you can run 10 miles a day, but unless you change your eating habits you won't lose any weight. That means you can't eat bacon for breakfast every day Just sayin

I'm waiting to see the coarse maps, but I'm thinking of running the Wine and Dine 5K again this year. You might want to consider it. You'll get a sneak peak at what Disney runs are all about and it will definitely keep you motivated during the cold months that you will need to be training thru.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #150
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Way to go on getting the first run out of the way! Those are the hardest!
Thanks!!

Quote:
I am currently doing run a mile walk a minute in my training........well if I am being honest I am actually doing, the hobble 14 feet to the kitchen, sit, rest, hobble back up the stairs to my room, (dumb knee surgery), but I started PT last week so I hope to be back to run a mile walk a minute in April or May! It has improved my 5K time dramatically! A marathon runner recommended it to me!
So how many miles do you run while doing the walk/run thing?

Hope your knee gets better soon so you can continue training.

Quote:

Good luck boys!
WOW! That is amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Yours, dude. It was yours. And for some reason, I agreed to it.
You could of just told me I was crazy and to never bring it up again and we wouldn't be going through all this. But what fun would that be?

Quote:
You want a real eye opener? Find your house on Google Maps, then use the measure tool (the little ruler in the lower left hand part of the map. Start drawing a route around your neighborhood until you get to 13.1 miles. It's a lot farther than it sounds!
Ummm... wow. I can't believe we are going to do this.

Quote:
Hey now - some may be just a bit south of awesome, but none dip into the "horrible" range.
I'm sorry. I guess I took it a little too far.

Quote:
Why do you think we're having a 3rd? To beat Tim with shear numbers!
You can win that race!

Quote:
I've always read that you need to be consistent when weighing yourself, and to do it right away in the morning after you do your morning business in the bathroom to get the most accurate result. I'll post mine tomorrow.
Yuuuup! That's what I did. I think I'm going to take weekly Monday morning pictures.

Quote:
Good News Tim! It's only 13.1 miles! You're that much closer to being done!
Just kidding - great job on the start.
WHEW! That makes feel a whole lot better.

Quote:
Mark!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
But, Mark! If you run, you must run in the Disney 1/2 which is in Jan 2013 at the same time as the DISDad's Convention!
Come on Mark!

Speaking of running Randall, I heard you were thinking of signing up for the 1/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
You don't need a new car.... just work on that biped commuter system.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: