Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #812
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I hope you and your family had a very Mery Christmas!!! We leave in just 2 short days for our New Year's trip to Disneyland!!! Happy New Year!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #813
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Henry is so brave and big! What a great kiddo. I love that he tried it and had so much fun. His scared face is too precious.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #814
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

What an awesome train show! I want to go to New York too!

Henry did look scared on the coaster! He must have loved it to go again. I'm so impressed with Toon Town in DL!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #815
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

It took me all afternoon, but I'm caught up! I'm really enjoying your Disneyland pictures. I can't wait to get out there one day. LegoLand looks fun too... we are really on the fence about going there (FL). Zach is 9 & Alex is 12. Zach LOVES Legos but I think Alex would be very bored.

I love the different NY holiday pictures too!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #816
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi Brook! I am not on here much lately, but today, in my frenzy of summer vacation planning (yes- for August- I'm sure you understand ) I thought, I need to read a DL TR! So AWESOME and so HAPPY it's yours!!! Loving it all- only on your first full day- and have to run, but in case ten million of your fans have not told you yet- you are AMAZING with Henry, and don't worry- sooner than you can imagine, he'll be draggin YOU on rides YOU are afraid of!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #817
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Yay for the brave boy! He really is soooo stinkin cute! It was great seeing how excited he was about Legoland, too- and you're right, my older boys would not enjoy it! I think we're planning to do Knotts and the beach instead- they're also going to see an Angels game one night (while i run around DL by myself, geeking out on all the stuff they wouldn't do.

Thanks for keeping me company on this snowy day!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #818
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #819
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Have a Happy New Year!!! Hope you did something exciting to ring in the New Year! I bet it is great fun there in New York this time of year!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #820
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Well, I don't think I've done a life update since summer...and so much happened since then, but the biggest one as of late is Hurricane Sandy. Many of you I am friends with on Facebook so you know how we fared, but in case you haven't heard, we were/are 100% FINE! I live in Queens, and fairly close to the water, but far enough away that we weren't affected. We didn't even lose power. Joe's office was very badly damaged and he won't be able to go back into the office until next month, but he's able to work from home-so nothing lost there.

Unfortunately that is not the case for over a million people on the east coast.

Hurricane Sandy hit us HARD. There are still people without power. Thousands lost their homes and everything they owned. Many people thought they were going to die...and many did.

It has been a hit on New York City (and surrounding areas), but New Yorkers know how to work together. Within a day there were sites set up with donations pouring in. People were taken care of, homes were already being cleaned and repaired. There is a long way to go, but we are making awesome strides.

I've been fortunate enough to be a part of this in a small way. I was reading on Facebook about the damage, sobbing and thanking God over and over for how very BLESSED I am, and saw a note that there was a donation site just down the street from me. I had NO excuse not to get out there and help. I posted that I would be spending $100 of my own money to buy supplies and if anyone wanted to donate, they could.

Long story short, with that one message over $3,000 was raised! I cannot tell you how much that means to me. To be the "feet" of this little project, blessing others in their time of need. It's been a life lesson for me, humbling and amazing.

I still have a chunk of change and am using it to help families I have met, and using it to help some various projects - like a Kids Center for the Rockaways (Queens - where the 111 homes burned to the ground), a project called "Astoria Cooks for the Rockaways" where people from my neighborhood (and Henry's school has gotten involved in this!) are cooking for those in need - the volunteers working, the people living there who still don't really have a home or heat. Anyone. Last week over 1200 people were given a HOT, healthy, home cooked meal because of this little effort. Amazing.

On Tuesday I will be going to the Rockaways to serve with Astoria Cooks. I am very excited about this opportunity!

Thank you to everyone here who has prayed for New York, donated time, items or finances, either through me or another source. You are MOST APPRECIATED! Every time I talk about it, or even think about it all, I end up crying. It's devastating, and yet something amazing and beautiful has come from it. My words don't even come close to my gratitude. Thank you.
I am soo trying to get caught up on the DIS. I'm so glad that y'all fared well for Sandy. I know first hand how hard those times are/were. I am here on the Gulf Coast around New Orleans, we had Hurricane Katrina a few years back. I will continue to keep all those affected by Sandy in my prayers.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #821
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Haven't posted in a while but enjoyed reading the last few updates. Really liked seeing the holiday Small World.
Hope your New Year has got off to a good start
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #822
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Spring Trip Update

Christmas did me in! I'm behind again!

But, just a quick update - my ticker has been refreshed, we are officially NOT going in February. But we ARE going in March--and for 11 days!

Our plans include:
-2 days spent with my Mom
-the Chip & Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness
-Blizzard Beach
-the AMC Dine-In Theater
-dinner at Be Our Guest
-and more! Possibly even an offsite adventure

I've been attempting to catch up here - hopefully this coming week.

I hope all is well for you in the New Year!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #823
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Christmas did me in! I'm behind again!

But, just a quick update - my ticker has been refreshed, we are officially NOT going in February. But we ARE going in March--and for 11 days!

Our plans include:
-2 days spent with my Mom
-the Chip & Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness
-Blizzard Beach
-the AMC Dine-In Theater
-dinner at Be Our Guest
-and more! Possibly even an offsite adventure

I've been attempting to catch up here - hopefully this coming week.

I hope all is well for you in the New Year!
Good to "see" you! Yay for still going to Disney even if it means switching it from February to May. The plans look great!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #824
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Hi Brook!

I have been a small poster, but mainly lurker, or many of your trip reports. When I found out last week I was going to Disneyland in 2 weeks I immediately went to the trip reports section to find out as must as I could about DL. I was very excited to read your report to help me get ready for my trip. Thanks for all the details and explanations.

I am a little worried as I have no idea what we are getting ourselves into as I have not been to DL in over 20 years. Reading your report and looking at your pictures really helped a lot.

Have a great Disney year and enjoy your upcoming trip!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #825
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Henry's face is soooo serious on Gadget's Go Coaster.... he looks scared and like he's deciding something... so cute... I guess he decided that he liked it! That's a great little first coaster... if I remember it is very short but it has a nice little zip to it...

Toontown in DL seemed more elaborate and thought out in DL than it ever did in WDW (although I did think it was cute in WDW but I like what's there now better), it really does feel like it's own land in DL.. and the Roger Rabbit ride is really kinda cute...... I think they used to have a Jolly Trolley there... there are still tracks... Do you know if they decided not to use that anymore?

Hurray for your March trip... & 11 days to boot...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: