Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #781
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I think that I like the Disneyland version of It's A Small World attraction better than WDW's because it has some of the Disney characters in it.

Toontown is sooooooo cute! I loved looking at each and every one of your pictures. It looked like you were stepping into a giant comic book.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #782
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

This update was beyond awesome!! Thanks for all those pictures
I cant believe how much Christmas is inside Small World. When I have heard that it was decorated for Christmas...I was thinking small scale. Thats a TON of Christmas decorations in there! Love it
That Toon Town looks amazing I love how Goofy's yard is a playground and that you can play and touch everything! I so want to go to DL, but who knows if I will ever see it Im sure that Alexa will be grown if we ever make it there....I would love to see her enjoying all that fun at the age she is now
Thanks again for all those pictures
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #783
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Holy updates Batman!!!!

Who am I to judge when someone gets obsessive with picture taking ...especially on one thing.

I loved all the legoland updates. miniland is soooo clool. I recently read a TR about someone who visited it in England I think...somewhere in Europe, and the miniland was very similar. JUST AMAZING!

Toon town lookes really fun. I sure hope I make it there someday.....someday...yeah not sure when that ever will be. My husband talks about it every year and then it never happens.
I get a little obsessed...you know how it is. How many Topsiders signs do I have too??? Though, I refrained on taking one this past cruise.

I think they have a Legoland in Germany and the UK, if I remember correctly. It really is VERY cool, Mini Land is amazing.

You NEED to go Jen! Perhaps we will both get there this year for school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
What a fun update!! Love seeing the pictures from IASW!! Considering if I remember your trip dates right we were there about 10 days before you were!!

We love to explore ToonTown also but imagine wall to wall people instead of all the open spaces!! In answer to your question about Mickey's house yes the line can and does get that long!!!! I know from experience! Plus he actually has 3 different sets for sure that he does meets on and we think there's an actual 4th one but we've never been in it with all the times we've gone and gotten pictures with Mickey.

So glad you got to experience DL with out all the crowds for your 1st trip! I can only imagine the people who go for Christmas expecting it to be deserted and having DL reach capacity on them. Can't wait to see what Henry thinks of Gadget's Go Coaster! That's a favorite in our house by both my 5 year old DS and 4 year old DD!!
We were there in early January - does that line up with your dates?

Oh my word - I CANNOT imagine waiting that long - no way, no how! That queue was foreverrrrrr. We were totally confused on where we were for a while even!

Oh ya, during Christmas the Disney Parks are all crazy. We haven't done Christmas (yet), but have done New Year's! Shoulder-to-shoulder, single-file through Epcot.

As for how Henry did...you'll soon see...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Holiday IASW is so pretty! I think Toontown is a great place for the younger set.
Isn't it beautiful? We were in awe! (we loved it so much, we rode it again later!)

Toontown was incredible. So immersive, we spent a lot of time back there, way more than I ever expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
The holiday IASW is really cool. Both of the times I went to Disneyland was right after Christmas so I haven't even seen the regular version. I knew they added the Disney characters but didn't know they had Nemo and Dory. Ahhh I love it! So cute.

I know I've brought up this story about a billion times on the DIS but whenever I see stuff about DL's small world I think about the time we got stuck on it for a good half hour and had to be evacuated.
The addition of the Disney character is adorable! They also have Ariel, but my picture of her didn't turn out.

Oh you poor thing to get stuck on small world. UGH!!!!! I like the ride, but well....uh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Toontown looks awesome! I wish there was still something like that at WDW!
Me too - it really is a very, very cool land! So immersive and detailed. It really feels like you are somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
I love Toontown in DL. That area where you were in Mickey's barn is where we were taken at the end of the tour we did for my DD birthday in 2009. It was the Discover the Magic Tour. The kids moved from land to land solving a riddle or finding a treasure and getting a puzzle piece. At the end, they put the pieces together and have a map. You follow the map and it leads you to the Main Mouse. It was a cute/fun tour for the kids (even the big ones).
Awesome update/photos!!
What a cute tour! It sorta reminds me of WDW's Family Magic Tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
someday I will see the DL Small World during the holidays! So pretty and I love that they played holiday music, how fun is that!

Toontown is adorable, no other words for it.
It's beautiful! I'm so glad I saw it. Have you seen the pictures of the Cars Land Christmas decorations? They are adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So now I am two updates behind without pictures. Boo! I just haven't been home that much at night this week. I hope to get all caught up this weekend.

So, when do you think would be a good time of the year to visit DL. I definitely want to plan at 2014 fall trip. I was thinking maybe early November to get some Christmas in the mix.

Looking forward to coming back and catching up properly.
I just plan to post some Christmas pictures - probably not an update until next week, so you won't fall too much more behind! I know how crazy busy life can get. I have to take this time I have now and run with it and get this TR done...it's only been a year!

The best times to visit are when the kids are in school in California!! It gets VERY busy when they are out. It runs about the same as WDW for good times to visit. The week after Thanksgiving, early December, January and right after school starts are the best. I hope to get back when it's a bit warmer next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I think that I like the Disneyland version of It's A Small World attraction better than WDW's because it has some of the Disney characters in it.

Toontown is sooooooo cute! I loved looking at each and every one of your pictures. It looked like you were stepping into a giant comic book.
Yes, we liked it better too - not just because of the holiday overlay, but because of the overall feel and the extra characters. They are really cute! It's a great addition.

That's exactly it! Toon Town was so immersive! Very detailed and a lot of fun - we stayed back there for quite a while exploring too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
This update was beyond awesome!! Thanks for all those pictures
I cant believe how much Christmas is inside Small World. When I have heard that it was decorated for Christmas...I was thinking small scale. Thats a TON of Christmas decorations in there! Love it
That Toon Town looks amazing I love how Goofy's yard is a playground and that you can play and touch everything! I so want to go to DL, but who knows if I will ever see it Im sure that Alexa will be grown if we ever make it there....I would love to see her enjoying all that fun at the age she is now
Thanks again for all those pictures
Your welcome! A BIG one, but I just wanted to share as much as I could! I took so many pictures that morning.

Oh no small scale there, Santa threw up on the place! Top to bottom, it's CHRISTMAS! It's done really beautifully though - we loved it.

You need to get there! It really doesn't cost much, if any, more than WDW when it all comes down to it. The hotels across the street are VERY reasonable (Howard Johnson, Fairfield and more). There are lots of off-site places to eat very close by too, so that saves on the budget some.

Toon Town was so great - we had a blast! You can touch/play with everything. We probably could have spent half the day playing. We have a bit more to go there too - the whole other side of the land!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #784
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

If you've been following my reports for a few years you already know how much we LOVE Christmas here in NYC. It's truly magical. We went to Rockefeller and the Holiday Train Show last weekend and I thought I'd share a few pics.

On 6th Ave, near Rockefeller

I love these giant bulbs. When Henry saw them he remembered them from last year.

Still on 6th Ave, across the street from Radio City Music Hall

Radio City is really beautiful as well, but we didn't get a good shot of it this year.

The tree!

Now we walked to the other side of the plaza - the entrance on 5th Ave across from Saks.

This is to be our Christmas card...if we ever get them printed. Last year we met Dawn and her family here and it was insane - so crowded you could hardly move. This year we had a slight drizzle which kept a lot of people away.

I'll have to get the train show pictures up later - they are still uploading!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #785
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
We were there in early January - does that line up with your dates?

Oh my word - I CANNOT imagine waiting that long - no way, no how! That queue was foreverrrrrr. We were totally confused on where we were for a while even!

Oh ya, during Christmas the Disney Parks are all crazy. We haven't done Christmas (yet), but have done New Year's! Shoulder-to-shoulder, single-file through Epcot.

As for how Henry did...you'll soon see...!
We were there from Dec 23 - Dec 28 if I remember correctly. Right in the middle of the busiest time of year!! But we expect the crowds and still have a great time!!

Hey Look: CROWDS! This was taken from the Mark Twain. To give you an idea of what your looking at Pirates is behind me and Haunted Mansion is to the right just out of the picture.

Mickey!! We had just gotten a new camera and didn't have the settings figured out right during this picture but it was just way to cute!!

Hey wait a minute I thought we were there at Christmas where are the crowds?

Oh there they are!!!! This is at park opening on Christmas Day if I remember correctly. We're looking away from the Castle down Main Street towards the Train Station. We were stopped right at the end of Main Street where the buildings end.

Sorry didn't meant to hijack but I don't seem to have one of Mickey's que with the crowds. But imagine lots of excitied little kids running everywhere and touching everything and lots of grumpy parent's cuz the line isn't moving fast enough for them. Then by the time you get to the end of it there's lots of crying tired kids who are just tired of waiting!!!

We tried doing Christmas and New Year's together one year and by the time New Year's came I was done with the crowds. We also had a 3 month old and 22 month old at the time and it was really, really cold and foggy. You couldn't even see the Castle!!

Can't wait to see Henry's reaction!! Love your NY Pictures!! Really got to get there one year!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094

Last edited by ladylyons; 12-14-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: fixed link
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #786
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caught up. Yeah! Your pictures are wonderful.

Refresh my memory - when did you actually visit? Was it December of last year? I definitely don't want to go when its too cold, but I just love all the Christmas decorations. IASW decorated for Christmas is just so adorable. I love it.

I also absolutely adore Toon Town. Wow - it looks absolutely amazing and you look quite comfortable hanging out on Minnie's couch!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #787
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Oh, your NYC pics are lovely! I am going in on the 26th, which should be crazy! I am taking DH, DS, and his GF in to see the decorations and get something to eat. Since I just found out their schedules a week ago, I was too late for ressies in his favorite places, so we'll have to wing it!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 33/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #788
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Gorgeous pics of NYC!
I just got my cards today and was on a mad addressing session this afternoon. I am almost done. Well the main ones are done.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #789
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm sorta glad I was so far behind here. Kadence and I just spent some fun time this morning looking through all of your pictures and WOW we are amazed!

Lego Land is just so cool! All the rides and shops, but the mini land is the best. Of course my child's favorite part was seeing the Lego man in the bathroom!

I would love to roam through the little cities. Can you imagine the time it took to build all of those?

Overall, I think a day and dollar well spent!

How fun to see how different the rides are from WDW while still being the same ride! The Christmas deocr is a nice touch.

I miss toontown at WDW, but DL's is so much better looking! I do hope someday we can do DL.

New York is so beautiful at Christmas and I always look forward to seeing your pictures. My favorite is the picture of the ornaments. They must be huge!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #790
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Forgive me, I am a bit behind....

I think it is interesting the kids of rides that are at Legoland. Even though you don't have to actually pedal or pull the cable, I bet little boys love the interactive side to those two rides.

The snoring guard was kinda funny! I love that Henry tried to wake him.

The BBQ food looks quite yummy.

The playground looks fun. Isn't it funny how kids are just as happy in a playground as they are on rides?

The apple fries look soo good. But no?

The dragon rollercoaster looks fun. Sorry you didn't ride it.

This is just too cute and funny!

OMG! The miniland is so impressive. My dd is looking along with me and we are ooing and awing and THEN we saw the people in the pics to add perspective. AMAZING!

Sad that I missed Mimis when were were at DLR. We just never made it there even though it was on my "plan" Luckily, I knew not to eat at Captain Kids (past experience along with reviews) it is a shame it is so close....

What a neat view of WoC!

Love the pics from your last day! I agree it is odd not seeing a huge castle as you walk up main street.

The Alice ride is one of my favorite dark rides.

I am so jealous! When we went it was shoulder to shoulder people through there!!!

And IASM is sooo much better in DLR (IMNSHO) I was doing something (I can't quite remember) and missed when dh and the kids went on it in July. I want to go back to DLR just to see the Christmas overlay!!!

I love toontown!

And thanks for sharing your christmas pics! They are amazing!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #791
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
We were there from Dec 23 - Dec 28 if I remember correctly. Right in the middle of the busiest time of year!! But we expect the crowds and still have a great time!!

Hey Look: CROWDS! This was taken from the Mark Twain. To give you an idea of what your looking at Pirates is behind me and Haunted Mansion is to the right just out of the picture.

Mickey!! We had just gotten a new camera and didn't have the settings figured out right during this picture but it was just way to cute!!

Hey wait a minute I thought we were there at Christmas where are the crowds?

Oh there they are!!!! This is at park opening on Christmas Day if I remember correctly. We're looking away from the Castle down Main Street towards the Train Station. We were stopped right at the end of Main Street where the buildings end.

Sorry didn't meant to hijack but I don't seem to have one of Mickey's que with the crowds. But imagine lots of excitied little kids running everywhere and touching everything and lots of grumpy parent's cuz the line isn't moving fast enough for them. Then by the time you get to the end of it there's lots of crying tired kids who are just tired of waiting!!!

We tried doing Christmas and New Year's together one year and by the time New Year's came I was done with the crowds. We also had a 3 month old and 22 month old at the time and it was really, really cold and foggy. You couldn't even see the Castle!!

Can't wait to see Henry's reaction!! Love your NY Pictures!! Really got to get there one year!!
Love your pictures!!! We've done WDW at New Year's and it's a madhouse too - but so fun and a unique experience. I hope to go back during that time again. I cannot imagine that queue though...ugh. Though, Soarin' at Epcot's wait on NYE was 5 hours long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caught up. Yeah! Your pictures are wonderful.

Refresh my memory - when did you actually visit? Was it December of last year? I definitely don't want to go when its too cold, but I just love all the Christmas decorations. IASW decorated for Christmas is just so adorable. I love it.

I also absolutely adore Toon Town. Wow - it looks absolutely amazing and you look quite comfortable hanging out on Minnie's couch!
We went in January, so Haunted Mansion was down (taking down the overlay), but the icicle lights were still on the castle the first day (but we didn't see them lit), and Small World was still done, but that was it. If I were you, I'd pick the week after Thanksgiving when it's calm, but Christmas is in full swing. It was a bit chilly in January and January has a TON of refurbs each year. But it's cheap.

Minnie's couch was quite comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Oh, your NYC pics are lovely! I am going in on the 26th, which should be crazy! I am taking DH, DS, and his GF in to see the decorations and get something to eat. Since I just found out their schedules a week ago, I was too late for ressies in his favorite places, so we'll have to wing it!
You'll be just fine I'm sure! It will be crazy, always is during the holidays, but worth it. Have you tried the good stand-by of Carmines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Gorgeous pics of NYC!
I just got my cards today and was on a mad addressing session this afternoon. I am almost done. Well the main ones are done.
I should really get that done today...at least order them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm sorta glad I was so far behind here. Kadence and I just spent some fun time this morning looking through all of your pictures and WOW we are amazed!

Lego Land is just so cool! All the rides and shops, but the mini land is the best. Of course my child's favorite part was seeing the Lego man in the bathroom!

I would love to roam through the little cities. Can you imagine the time it took to build all of those?

Overall, I think a day and dollar well spent!

How fun to see how different the rides are from WDW while still being the same ride! The Christmas deocr is a nice touch.

I miss toontown at WDW, but DL's is so much better looking! I do hope someday we can do DL.

New York is so beautiful at Christmas and I always look forward to seeing your pictures. My favorite is the picture of the ornaments. They must be huge!
I'm glad my TR provided for a fun morning! It's always fun to "travel" through someone else's pictures, isn't it?

Yes, those ornaments on 6th Ave are enormous! They are a favorite of mine too - so simple and pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Forgive me, I am a bit behind....

I think it is interesting the kids of rides that are at Legoland. Even though you don't have to actually pedal or pull the cable, I bet little boys love the interactive side to those two rides.

The snoring guard was kinda funny! I love that Henry tried to wake him.

The BBQ food looks quite yummy.

The playground looks fun. Isn't it funny how kids are just as happy in a playground as they are on rides?

The apple fries look soo good. But no?

The dragon rollercoaster looks fun. Sorry you didn't ride it.

This is just too cute and funny!

OMG! The miniland is so impressive. My dd is looking along with me and we are ooing and awing and THEN we saw the people in the pics to add perspective. AMAZING!

Sad that I missed Mimis when were were at DLR. We just never made it there even though it was on my "plan" Luckily, I knew not to eat at Captain Kids (past experience along with reviews) it is a shame it is so close....

What a neat view of WoC!

Love the pics from your last day! I agree it is odd not seeing a huge castle as you walk up main street.

The Alice ride is one of my favorite dark rides.

I am so jealous! When we went it was shoulder to shoulder people through there!!!

And IASM is sooo much better in DLR (IMNSHO) I was doing something (I can't quite remember) and missed when dh and the kids went on it in July. I want to go back to DLR just to see the Christmas overlay!!!

I love toontown!

And thanks for sharing your christmas pics! They are amazing!!!
I agree with you! Small World at DLR is better than WDW's - not only because of the Disney characters, but just something about it is more. We felt that way about quite a few rides!

Isn't Mini Land awesome? I was obsessed with it! So unique and cool.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #792
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Holiday Train Show

This is going to be a busy week. I have about 15 minutes until Henry comes barreling through the door (1/2 day today), then just a few days to pack, finish wrapping presents and a million other things - we are headed to Minnesota later this week!! I hope to get a real update done too, but meanwhile, here are some pictures from the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Gardens.

They re-create various buildings from NYC out of plant parts: sticks, wood, bark, seeds, pinecones and fruit. Between all the buildings are train tracks with about a dozen different toy trains running. It's pretty amazing!

Macy's - this was in the queue line just to get in the building

Upclose

With the train conductor

The first room is part of the queue - it's a little tropical paradise, which felt great because the day was a bit rainy and yucky! There are no trains here, but some really great buildings.

Ellis Island

The old TWA terminal (and planes) at JFK. Jet Blue now occupies part of this famous structure.

Almost time to go in!

Some of the buildings we recognized, but many we didn't. There were signs in front of them all, saying what they were and where they were.

Hell Gate Bridge - this one is really close to our house

Coney Island

The NY Public Library (the big famous building) is the structure in the back, the arch is from Washington Square Park.

A bit blurry, but they even recreated the lions in front of the library!

The old Penn Station (it was sadly destroyed)

If you've been to NYC, you might think this is the Post Office across from Madison Square Garden, but it's not - it's the old Penn Station, same architect. Very similar buildings!

I love the detail on the roof of this one.

There was a small exhibit on the side that showed how the artists created these buildings - and had a few non-NYC buildings as well.

First step

Second step and some materials

Viola! Easy, right???

Okay-that one is from NYC...

Continued in next post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #793
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Continued from previous post

Coffee pot gas station (I cannot recall where it was from), and the cool train that was going around these buildings.

I was excited to see this one! It's a replica of that hotel shaped like an elephant, which they also have a replica of in Boardwalk Inn lobby at WDW!

This is Nebraska, I've seen it! I think it might be "Dunn Bros" now though if I remember correctly

Another train going around

Pretty flowers....after all we were at the Botanical Gardens!

Henry in front of the skyline

Famous buildings of the skyline - Empire State, Chrysler, Rockefeller, NYSE...

Radio City

I love this - Rockefeller even has the angles and Christmas tree up!

Empire State

Thomas! In January they change out all the trains to be Thomas and friends.

The building we were in at the moment. Kinda cool!

Harlem - the Apollo

The old Yankee Stadium - the lights worked and it played music

Natural History Museum

Guggenheim

City Hall

Continued in next post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #794
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Brooklyn Bridge

Amazing detail

Back outside we walked a bit to an area they had set up for kids called Gingerbread Adventures

So pretty.

A little maze for the kids

Kid-size gingerbread house

There were a few of these cool guys around

Inside one of the buildings they had set up stations to learn about the spices that go into gingerbread. The first thing they got was a booklet they could design with glue and seeds.

Grinding spices

We then went to various stations where they would learn about a spice and glue some into the booklet.

Continued in next post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #795
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

At the end there were a few gingerbread creations by various bakeries

Planting wheat

It was a cute area, and maybe he learned something...

Back outside we went to the gift shop before we had to get on the train - just enough time for me to buy an ornament!

Pretty.

Inside the gift shop - yummy gingerbread cookies

Candy canes, my favorite

Ornaments - you might not be able to see if very well, but we got a little snow globe one with a train in it.

I thought these were cute.

Then it was back on the train and home. We really enjoyed the Train Show and I'm glad we went! I don't think we will go every year, but, it was something new and different!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: