Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #691
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,163

Continued from previous post


Fun Town is cute

Despite me wanting to get to the two "big rides" we did a few now...we were close enough, we'd get there soon and hopefully the line wouldn't be unbearable.

Helicopters!

These literally just go up and down on a pole.



Video: Helicopters (1 minute, 4 seconds)

We found some GIANT leaves



Love the Lego swans!


Near the entrance of Pirate Shores - another land of the park


A Lego pigeon

Next we did the boats. It was another slow mover, and currently had NO line, so I figured it would be a good one to get out of the way.

You just hop in a boat and drive it around a track. Pretty simple, but cute.






The figures would either do something, like the water turn on here, or say something, when your boat went past.

Video: Boats (11 seconds)

Back on land, we checked out a few other details in Pirate Shores



And then were back in Fun Town for the airplanes





Video: Airplanes (35 seconds)

Themed soda machines!


And pay phones


Since we were close by, we just wandered through Fun Town a bit more. My agenda had been ditched. Not surprisingly.



What?! Okay, themed cement and soda machines...and an Adventurer's Club?!


We HAD to go in!



The point of the Club

However, it was a bit dark in there and Henry was NOT feelin' it...so much like the real Adventurer's Club, we never got to fully check it out.

Back outside, some details of Fun Town:




The Waterpark entrance is off in the one corner of Fun Town





Continued in next post
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #692
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,163

Continued from previous post





Video: Fun Town (1 minute, 20 seconds)


This we had to check out!


And I think about 1 billion of those are in Henry's room...


Lego building machine


Lego mold





At the end of the little "tour" was a Lego recreation of the factory. Pretty cool!







In Fun Town is the newest attraction for Legoland, the "Fire Academy" this looked AMAZING to Henry, so into line we went!



You pump the truck up and down with a lever and someone "drives" (that would be Henry in our group) to the other side of a small area. Then everyone gets out of the truck and does another pump to spray water at a Lego flame. Then back into the truck to go back to your starting point, the first one across wins.



We made Henry the Fire Chief. He had to drive the truck and tell us where to point the water.







We told him we were up against some "big kids" (they were about 8) and we had to work HARD and FAST. He took his role very seriously and...we won!! He was THRILLED. Oh my goodness, soooooo happy! It was a lot of fun and he truly thought he was driving. He WAS a Fire Chief. A truly magical moment.

Now, would we ever get to the big rides? And how scary long would those lines be?! So far our longest wait was all of 5 minutes for the Fire Academy...the park seemed empty...was it?
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #693
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,190

First off...all the videos are saying private to me, but it might be the browser I am using?

Claire is lego obsessed too right now. We bought some at DTD and all she wanted to do fro m hat point on is play with them and I had to threaten taking them away a few times. She has asked about going to Legoland in Florida now too...and I have no clue how she even knows about it.
It really looks amazing there though Great theming. It's so amazing what people can build with legos...or look like legos.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #694
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Yup, the videos say they are private for me too.

What a cute park! I can see how Lego lovers would totally be in delight. Kadence goes in streaks playing with hers. She is most happy when her Daddy plays with, and then weird things are made
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #695
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,495

Yup, me too! No videos. boo!

But seeing Henry in an assortment of lego vehicles is just precious. He must have had a field day. I have never seen pictures of lego land, so thank you for such a great tour. It really looks like a cool place and so uncrowded.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #697
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle
 
tiggrbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,764

Says private for me, too! Loved the pics! Brought me back to times with my lads. I took two of them to Legoland Windsor in '02. Fortunately I had a book to read while they waited in line for the driving school!

I was fortunate that my SIL worked for Lego when they were young. I would give her my list and she would purchase them with her company discount. We have large bins in the basement and attic from all the sets. I guess it was good training as the oldest is a mechanical engineer and the youngest is studying to become one!
__________________


DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 33/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #698
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran
 
Misskitty3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,391

Great update! Love seeing the beach photos...looks like heaven!

We have been to Legoland twice - DS LOVES Legoland!! He wants to go again this summer! We did the water park last time too .... which was very small.

The drive from Anaheim is nice and very easy, isnt it! We always stop for breakfast in Laguna Niguel at Mollie's and then have dinner in Carlsbad at Las Olas. Last time, we stopped at Farrel's Ice Cream parlor in Missn Viejo on the way back to Anaheim after dinner. Yum!
__________________




Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #699
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

Legoland looks like fun!
My nephews would have asked to buy legos just like Henry. It's so tempting not to!
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #700
KristiMc
DIS Veteran
 
KristiMc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 3,266

Love the video surprising Henry. Shawn loves his Lego's too.
__________________
me DH DS13 DS10
2000:Dixie Landings/Disney Wonder 2006:WL 2008:POFQ 2010:BLT 2011:Disney Magic 2012:Disney Magic 2013:AKV 2013:Disney Fantasy 2014:HHI/Disney Dream
KristiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #701
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran
 
Tiggerrn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I know - I'm on a roll being all caught up with the DIS finally!

I can DEFINITELY help with your NYC trip, I love talking about the city that I love!! Sounds like you have a pretty great schedule already - but there is so much to see and do, I'm here when you are ready to start planning. I'm guessing your stop at Ellis Island also includes the Statue of Liberty since they are pretty much together...if not for some reason, you should definitely do that. It's not expensive at all, and a wonderful experience. Ellis Island is awesome too.
:
Awesome!! Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you as we get more details closer to the trip.

Loved the photos of LegoLand. It has grown and added so much since our trip there in 2007. But I do have to agree with your review. I was glad we went when DS was 7 and DD was 9. I was already thinking even then that they would not enjoy it much past that age/size. I was there with a broken ankle in a boot that year. Spent my entire day sitting in a wheelchair as there just wasn't much for big folks to do/ride.
__________________
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #702
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,448

I am so shocked by how few people there seem to be in Legoland!!! Looks like a fun time ... but sadly, my boys are well beyond the age that would be interested in this park.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #703
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,067

So exciting for Henry! I loved leggos when I was little. My grandma had a big box of them, when she went into the Alzheimer's home we had a 20 y/o, 17 y/o and 14 y/o fighting over who go the leggo box lol. I have always thought about going to Leggo Land when I was in LA, but now that I am reading this report I will be skipping it until I have a Leggo enthused child!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #704
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
First off...all the videos are saying private to me, but it might be the browser I am using?

Claire is lego obsessed too right now. We bought some at DTD and all she wanted to do fro m hat point on is play with them and I had to threaten taking them away a few times. She has asked about going to Legoland in Florida now too...and I have no clue how she even knows about it.
It really looks amazing there though Great theming. It's so amazing what people can build with legos...or look like legos.
Oops! I fixed them! Thanks for the heads up! I uploaded from Mac's iMovie and it automatically makes them private.

It is definitely worth a day trip! There are BOGO tickets for FL now too, so it makes for a pretty low priced getaway. I love that they have girl Legos now too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Yup, the videos say they are private for me too.

What a cute park! I can see how Lego lovers would totally be in delight. Kadence goes in streaks playing with hers. She is most happy when her Daddy plays with, and then weird things are made
That's so funny! Joe and Henry play almost everyday and there is always some sort of giant tower or car built. I think they are working on a ship now. Who knows. It's my DIS time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yup, me too! No videos. boo!

But seeing Henry in an assortment of lego vehicles is just precious. He must have had a field day. I have never seen pictures of lego land, so thank you for such a great tour. It really looks like a cool place and so uncrowded.
I fixed them! My fault! I forgot that silly iMovie makes the private.

He LOVED Legoland. He was in his "happy place" all day long. It was really sweet to surprise him with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wow it does seem empty! I love that he was the fire chief, and won! I'm sad we never made it when the boys would have been into it.
It really was pretty dead - even though it was a weekend. Gotta love the off season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Says private for me, too! Loved the pics! Brought me back to times with my lads. I took two of them to Legoland Windsor in '02. Fortunately I had a book to read while they waited in line for the driving school!

I was fortunate that my SIL worked for Lego when they were young. I would give her my list and she would purchase them with her company discount. We have large bins in the basement and attic from all the sets. I guess it was good training as the oldest is a mechanical engineer and the youngest is studying to become one!
I fixed them now...just forgot to change the settings with silly iMovie.

I bet that line for Driving School gets LONG! I'm glad we got it done with right away, it's set up just like the Tomorrowland Speedway and that line can be brutal, so I figured this would be the same.

Wow! That's so great about your SIL getting the Legos at a discount! But it would be seriously dangerous for this household. And very cool that your kids are working to become mechanical engineers!! I always wonder if Henry will do something like that because he truly LOVES to build and is pretty good at it for a 5 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Great update! Love seeing the beach photos...looks like heaven!

We have been to Legoland twice - DS LOVES Legoland!! He wants to go again this summer! We did the water park last time too .... which was very small.

The drive from Anaheim is nice and very easy, isnt it! We always stop for breakfast in Laguna Niguel at Mollie's and then have dinner in Carlsbad at Las Olas. Last time, we stopped at Farrel's Ice Cream parlor in Missn Viejo on the way back to Anaheim after dinner. Yum!
Henry wants to go again too! Hmmm...our plans are in flux right now - looks like February isn't happening, but maybe July. A day trip to Legoland FL might just work. Hmmm...thinking out loud here.

Yes! The drive was EASY. I was nervous about the traffic, but there was none! I'll have to keep the places you mentioned in mind for our future trips. Without my picture program open I cannot recall where we ate...probably Downtown Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Legoland looks like fun!
My nephews would have asked to buy legos just like Henry. It's so tempting not to!
Oh, we didn't get out of there without Legos. But we DID make him wait until the end. It was easier to say "at the end, before we go" than to tell him "No, we aren't leaving yet." and lug the box(es) around. I have a great shot of him when we finally told him it was time to BUY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Love the video surprising Henry. Shawn loves his Lego's too.
Isn't that cute? He was SO excited. It was fun! Legos are great toys - expensive, but so creative and they last FOREVER. Many of ours were actually my brothers and they are in perfect shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Awesome!! Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you as we get more details closer to the trip.

Loved the photos of LegoLand. It has grown and added so much since our trip there in 2007. But I do have to agree with your review. I was glad we went when DS was 7 and DD was 9. I was already thinking even then that they would not enjoy it much past that age/size. I was there with a broken ankle in a boot that year. Spent my entire day sitting in a wheelchair as there just wasn't much for big folks to do/ride.
Oh no, that's awful about being in a wheelchair! Then you can do even less! It was a fun day, but ya, not much to do for adults really except watch their kids have fun--which is wonderful, but Disney has the "family entertainment" down like no one else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so shocked by how few people there seem to be in Legoland!!! Looks like a fun time ... but sadly, my boys are well beyond the age that would be interested in this park.
Even on a weekend, it was quiet overall! We do see some crowds later, but really not much for the entire day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
So exciting for Henry! I loved leggos when I was little. My grandma had a big box of them, when she went into the Alzheimer's home we had a 20 y/o, 17 y/o and 14 y/o fighting over who go the leggo box lol. I have always thought about going to Leggo Land when I was in LA, but now that I am reading this report I will be skipping it until I have a Leggo enthused child!
that's so funny about the arguing over the Legos! It's true though, they never get old! Joe loves them almost as much as Henry!

I think it's a smart move to skip it for now. There really isn't much to do for adults/older children - yes, you can go on the rides, but they are VERY kid focused, not like Disney's that tell a story or entertain all ages. Even from the bit you've seen it gives you an idea. We rode almost everything in the park. The few other "thrills" are a kid friendly roller coaster (ala Barnstormer/Gadgets Go Coaster), and a couple water rides that are also child friendly. Not worth the admission price unless you are with a little one!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #705
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,163

The video links are working now in case you want to go back and watch any!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: