Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #46
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Can't wait to read all about it. I always read your trip reports and always enjoy them.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #47
Little_Birdie
Earning My Ears

I just subscribed!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #48
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Well I had my pen and paper all ready to do some serious note taking until you mentioned a 5 hour flight! That's one tough pill to swallow. Maybe I can get over it though if you do a really good job of convincing me it is worth it through this TR. So no pressure...

I really am looking forward to learning all about DL. I'd love to go there at some point. Your sneak preview totally had me hooked! Can't wait to hear all about it!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #49
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
OFF TOPIC>.... where did you get your DVC signature thingie?
Check out this thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2735649
Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #50
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

4 pages in 24 hours??

So looking forward to this report!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #51
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to read about your adventures.
KristiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #52
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I'm here!!! I can't wait... your reports are GREAT!!----uhoh.... I need a new trip counter...I'm at 31 days more or less....
You better update that lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
I'm so excited, looking forward to reading this trip report. I have been stalking your other trip report waiting for you to post a link. I can't believe that I didn't get on the first page. Oh well I'm here now.
I had forgotten to put the update to my title of my old TR at first, then posted it on a couple various DIS Facebook groups (and just realized, you should join our "Disney Mom's" group! Just sent a request for you to be added - fun conversation there!), so I think the Facebook folks got a jump start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in!
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm here!!!
Hello! Thanks for reading along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I'm here! I'm SO you've started your DL TR! I've got SO many questions about DL.
Is it just 1 park- the Magic Kingdom.. or is it called something else?
I knew they had at least one resort.. how many do they have and are they themed?
Can you do all of DL in 1 day? I've heard you don't need more than 1 day for DL.
Can wait to read all about DL!
I knew NOTHING about it before I became a TA, learned a lot being a TA, then even more researching it on my own...and now of course feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it! Of course there are hidden secrets to any park that you learn over time...

The Disneyland Resort is two theme parks: Disneyland and California Adventure. Disneyland is like the Magic Kingdom, with a few differences. They have New Orleans Square, WDW has Liberty Square. They also have a Toon Town (which is awesome!). The Castle is Sleeping Beauty's and all of Main Street and the Castle is smaller scale. California Adventure is unique...has a part that is similar to DHS, but the rest is all different.

There are three Disney owned resorts (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian) with TONS of off-site hotels literally across the street.

And there is Downtown Disney. I will explain the great layout of whole resort in one of my first few updates. It's small and compact and so easy to get around in!

I think you can do Disneyland park in one day (or the majority of it anyway), but not both theme parks. You could get a LOT done in 2 days, but 3 or 4 is better. We did 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
You started yay!!!! Can't wait to hear all about Disneyland!
Finally started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom3304 View Post
Hello I am very excited to see what you thought of DL. We love WDW but have never been to DL. My DH would love to go but I am not so sure the plane ride would be worth it! Maybe your TR will convince me otherwise
I was very, very nervous about our plane ride CLEAR across the entire country! That will be coming up soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'm here!
Hello Tina!!! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
How did I miss the start of this? I even checked the DIS boards at work today. Oh well, better late than never! And - and I like your long hair!
You are not late, just on time!

And thanks about the hair! I forgot that in my last TR I still had pretty short hair, didn't I??? I decided to grow it out again. NYC haircuts are too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up and finally over here ---page 3 YIKES

If you have not caught up yet- Iam going to DL in Late Sept.

I am eagerly and taking notes.

ETA: Henry is such a big guy. WOW
You are?! I had NO idea! I'm so far behind on your report! You are gonna LOOOOOOVE it! It's awesome, awesome. I can't wait to go back! Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help!

And yes, Henry has SHOT up this past year. He's in size 5 now! My last TR he was size 3 in diapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am here and following along! I can't wait to hear all about your trip since I have yet to go to Disneyland.
:: Thanks for reading along!!! I can't wait to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here!
Hey Cynthia!! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
Hi, Brook! I've been enjoying your reports for awhile, but I don't know if I've ever posted before! Anyway, looking forward to reading all about your Disneyland trip!
Your name does look familiar...perhaps you posted once...or I'm just imagining it. Regardless, thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
You should! I think Henry would be hilarious! That's why I did it, Kadence kept making comments, so I decided she needed have her voice heard.
Ya, I am thinking it's a must...it will be a riot to hear what he thinks!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #53
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So ready for this.. although I cheated and saw the pics (which we did use a few!)
I'm glad my pics helped! And I'm sure you saw several horrid pictures of random faces I make...Joe had the camera, so a lot more of my mug in this TR than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Joining in! Looking forward to it.
:: Thank you for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Can't wait to hear what u think of Disneyland. I love it much more then WDW. Now my kids love WDW and can't wait to see if that well change this summer after we visit again.
I cannot wait to start sharing it. I DO understand why people love it more than WDW. I can't say I do...but, I completely get the DL love/passion that people have! I love them both!

The changes are going to be incredible. I can't wait to go back and see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Can't wait to read all about it. I always read your trip reports and always enjoy them.
Thank you for reading!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Birdie View Post
I just subscribed!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!
:: Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Well I had my pen and paper all ready to do some serious note taking until you mentioned a 5 hour flight! That's one tough pill to swallow. Maybe I can get over it though if you do a really good job of convincing me it is worth it through this TR. So no pressure...

I really am looking forward to learning all about DL. I'd love to go there at some point. Your sneak preview totally had me hooked! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yikes, the pressure is ON! Yes a FIVE hour flight, NYC to Long Beach. One coast to the other. I was noooooooot looking forward to this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
4 pages in 24 hours??

So looking forward to this report!!
It got busy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read about your adventures.
Hi Kristi! Thank you for reading along!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #54
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Following along! I can't wait to read about the adventures that your family met at DL!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #55
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

I had forgotten to put the update to my title of my old TR at first, then posted it on a couple various DIS Facebook groups (and just realized, you should join our "Disney Mom's" group! Just sent a request for you to be added - fun conversation there!), so I think the Facebook folks got a jump start!

I saw that, thanks so much. Sounds like fun.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #56
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Well, this trip report could be trouble for me. I am already desperate to go to Disneyland. I have a feeling that this isn't going to help!!

Bring it on!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #57
stayhomemom77
Dieting my way to Disney!!

Who hoo! I'm here!

We moved from Ontario to BC last summer so of course, this year's Disney trip is going to be a west coast trip!! We leave for a three week "tour" of like 8 states and our 4 days in Disneyland are smack dab in the middle. In fact, we're going to be eating with Ariel and her pals on the day my DD turns 9!!

Anyway, ya think you can have this TR wrapped up by July 14th? We leave the next day!

Looking forward to hearing ALL about what to do and what not to do on our trip!
stayhomemom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #58
hcmommy
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to learn about Disneyland! I want to do Lego Land and Hollywood and pretty much everything you guys did in a trip one day. I always thought it sounded really fun!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
hcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Thanks... I'll have to see if I can follow the instructions. I don't have a photobucket though...I host all my pics on facebook. Hopefully there's still a way.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #60
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Here! And looking forward to finding out more about DL - it's on our 'bucket' list
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: