Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #571
basketkat
DIS Veteran

That breakfast looked really fun!! We've decided we are only doing one character meal on our trip...I just need to figure out which one to do! Ha!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #572
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you have successfully moved, Brook!

Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory looks fab, but really those World of Color pictures were amazing!!! I bet the soundtrack is wonderful, too! One day I will see it!!!

Those character pictures at breakfast are precious!!! So many cute ones!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #573
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I was a few updates behind. Glad you got to meet your friend for dinner! Those tacos from the Cheesecake Factory looked yummy, we have one not far from us, but we never eat there.

WoC just looks spectacular, I can't wait to get back out to DLR and see it for myself, looks like it's going to be a coupe of years though

Your character breakfast looked like fun! I love Mickey & Minnie in their lifeguard attire, so cute! And you got some really wonderful pictures of Henry with the characters

We ate at Goofy's Kitchen when we were there and loved it! We also checked in very early because we just couldn't sleep in with the time change....
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #574
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great character breakfast! I saw many empty tables in your pictures. That's certainly not a sight you'd see often at Walt Disney World.

I think my favorite picture of all is the one of Henry with Stitch and the static in Henry's hair. Adorable!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #575
mandas08
Mouseketeer

What a great breakfast and morning. The breakfast pizza looks delicious. I also love the cherry sour balls. They are always my go-to for our extra snack credits.
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #576
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Wow...I missed 2 updates somewhere along the way! Guess the wedding had me preoccupied Loved the pics of you walking to the Cheesecake Factory. So pretty...all those palm trees and lights. The World of Color looks so amazing. I would love to see it I am loving all these pics of the resorts. So cool. Cant wait to read more, and hopefully I wont get behind now!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #577
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Hmmm....doing a Google search now...I think it's the theme song from the TV show. But those lyrics don't look right. Hmmm...makes me want to call Disney for something just so I can copy down word for word what it says! I will do that next time I call (which will likely be today at some point...)
Awesome, thank you!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #578
claryche
DIS Veteran

So glad you are posting updates again. I've missed them.

Love, love, love the Color of Wonder show. That is what it's called right? Wonderful. I would love for them to do something like that at Disney World.

So cool how you can just walk to the other areas, like the cheesecake factory. But did that take away any of the Disney feeling in your opinion. I mean when we are at Disney World, I love the whole feeling like we are in our own little world. Of course it doesn't feel as magical now as it did a first two trips when we flew and never went off site. But still I just wondered if you thought it took away from any of the magic.

This goofy statue, looks just like the one at Pop Century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

The dining experience looked great and Henry seemed to have tons of fun and that's what is the most important. I so feel like spending that money for dining is well worth it, with such great character interaction.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #579
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi there Brook

Just wanted to pop in to tell you how much I have been enjoying your report. Disneyland is my all time favourite place in the world ( and coming from Australia it's a long way away!!! ) and I just love to read trip reports from first time visitors! I will be back again in October for Halloween and am very excited!
I must tell you that we too did Mickey's Surfs Up breakfast on our last trip, as well as all the other breakfasts, and it was our favourite as far as character interaction goes! Sounds like Stitch is always good fun as he tried to eat my daughters hat when we were there!
I am so looking forward to your next update!

By the way, you have my dream job!!!

Take care

Sue
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #580
limace
DIS Veteran

Love this trip-and I love all Disney parks, but Disneyland is my single favorite park. Can't wait for our trip-only 9 days!!!!!

Surfs Up actually seems to get consistently great reviews on this site, and I'm glad you loved it. I am paralyzed with indecision about which character meal to choose this time. Argh!

And I am very interested in the travel agent idea! Tell us more.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #582
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth

for a Disneyland trip!!!!! The parks will likely be very busy during your dates. The dining package will get you into that "Green" area, so I'd go that route unless you want to line up early to get the best seat possible in your FP color. If we go back during busy months we'll do the dinner probably just to make it easier. What hotel are you staying at?
We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Is there a difference in the fast pass area if you do the WCT dinner package vs. Carthay? I'm not sure the Carthay menu will work for some of my family.

Oh I am a bit worried regarding regular opening time for off site hotel guests now that I've heard the new benefit for on site guests and early entry at both DL and DCA. Hopefully we can get to RSR in Carsland on at least one of the days!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
LovintheLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #583
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

What a grrrrreat breakfast!!!!

It seems weird to me that the characters don't have handlers in DL... though it seems more natural. I seems that Cali (DL) is just way more laid back than Orlando. Must be an East Coast thang.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #584
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

Hooray! Got the new laptop! And this new laptop actually works!!! ( Long frustrating story; happy ending; 'nuf said.)

Hoping the new apartment/neighborhood/commute are becoming a more and comfortable fit. Wish I could help paint or something. I'm sure you are putting some fun touches in Henry's new room by now. And didn't you mention the kitchen is bigger? Let's see some pics when you have a minute! And I'm looking forward to your LA "field trip."

LookinUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #585
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

All caught up!!

Wow World of Color looks amazing!!! I hope they add something like that at WDW.

I would love to try the Cheesecake Factory. I love me some cheesecake!!

I also love those cherry sour balls. I am craving some now!!

So nice that you got to meet up with your friend & the pixie dust at World of Color. Glad you got to sit up close so Joe could see it.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: