Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #556
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Looks like a fun breakfast!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 16/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #557
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Glad you're getting settled into your new place and finding time to get caught up on the Dis

The World of Colour looks incredible - if we ever make it to Disneyland it'll right at the top of my list!
I'm tempted to head over to youtube later and take a look at the video someone else mentioned
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #558
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I am just mesmerized by the WOC! Beautiful pictures! I just had to share with the family and they too were just awed! We are You-tubing the show in a minute.

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory in Veags and it was soooo good! I had a crabcake sandwich which will forever be in my mind as the best meal I've ever eaten, ever! I'm almost afraid to try it again, what if it's not the same!

You charcater breakfast looked way fun, Kadence thought Stitch messing Henry's hair was the best! The food looked yum!

Looks like I may want to do a little research on DL!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #559
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brook, I ended up two updates behind...again (spent most of the day on the phone with Nursing Home and hospice for my MIL).

I just sat there and scrolled up and down looking at your beautiful pictures of the show. This in itself makes me want to try Disneyland at least once.

Your breakfast looked yummy...and love all the fun that Henry was having.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #561
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It's always a proud moment when your son tries on his first pair of Minnie ears!
Good one!

That buffet looks super yummy and you got some great character pictures. What a fun meal! Looks like everyone had a blast, especially H!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #562
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

That picture of him and goofy hand-in-hand is ADORABLE! LOVE IT! Although, your kid is so adorable anyway!
All that food!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #563
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Loving all the information. The Characters in their Lifeguard outfits look great and have me thinking. :

AS for my trip... it is a work extension or really the conference is an extension of the DL trip since I put DL first. Conference is in Vegas this year.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #564
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

It seems like you guys had an excellent morning!

The character interaction sounds fantastic. The food looks delicious too!

I can’t wait to hear about Hollywood and LA!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #565
babydinosaur03
loves red shoes

Thanks for all the souvenir pictures. I know that may sound silly, but I like to know what's out there! Love the magnets! and I think we must try the sour cherry balls. I've seen you post about them before.
May 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 8 days!

babydinosaur03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #566
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

woah I missed loads of your updates! I actually saw your aladdin updates but I missed updates before and after it weird!
Way to go Henry on the first pin trade! I love kids logic of pin trading they don't care what the pin means and trade good pins away because they like the look of the others better... good plan.
Sorry that Henry was scared of all the rides. How cute is Woody though helping him relax a little.
Cool light up hook! I know someone that would love that... although he denies having any like for disney and he's only 7
The little mermaid ride looks cool I can't wait to see the new one at WDW when it opens.
I love how they try make it feel like Andy's house and then Andy's hosue has a gift shop.. What a handy way to make money.. I think I'll set up a gift shop in my house to
The pic of Henry hugging mater is to cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
HEY YOU!!! You are still in FL right? And working still at Epcot? I need to catch up on your blog (I miss it and your hilarious stories of Park Guests!!)! I need to know your schedule for June 7, perhaps we can see you!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
That wasn't me. Although I wish I was working in Epcot They won't hire me because i'm not from a worldshow case country boo to that!

Anyways back to the catching up!
World of Colour looks so cool!
Love Henry's pose with the minnie ears on!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #567
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Glad you enjoyed breakfast, it looked delicious! I could've had some of those hash browns right now. Are those french toast bites on Henry's first plate? (Sorry.......I'm easily distracted by Disney food )

Can't wait to see some of California!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #569
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=brookelizabeth;45494115
Yes, the Disneyland hotels are expensive! Especially when there are some great options across the street. What hotel did you choose? There are LOTS of great ones, I'm sure you'll be fine! There are some really good sit-down restaurants in Downtown Disney, and all the Quick Service we ate was very good as well. Plus, just a few blocks away are may other choices-Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, iHop and more.
[/QUOTE]

We stayed at Desert Inn and Suites. It wasn't bad, but kinda reminded me of an old apartment rather than a hotel.

I see you walked by Desert Palms... we stayed there on our last trip to DLR. It was a bit more of a walk..but still doable. The time before that we stayed at Residence Inn... we walked that..but often it was too much so we used the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) It was so worth it especially with our (at the time) very small toddler

WOC... OMG, you took the BEST pictures. We watched it... we preordered the picnic packs (which were yummy) and got seating in the yellow section. Looking at that map, we were actually standing right where those two yellow stars are. I had a hard time taking picture though because of the water spray.

Your character breakfast looks like so much fun. I had wanted to try and do that on our last day, but for lunch... well.. they don't do lunch. It is different for dinning there though, I agree. We walked up and got breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen without any problem and were seated immediately. I know were were super tired, so I may have missed it.. but there didn't seem to be the same level of character interaction going on there that you got.

Oh..and on WOC, did they do a Brave segment while you were there? It was my favorite.. along with the part where Captain Jack mentioned not doing something again!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #570
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Glad your back and updating!! Isn't if fun to meet up with a friend you have seen in forever and have things be just like they were the last time you met up?

Love your World of Color pictures. My kids finally have started enjoying it after seeing it a few times. My husband loves this show. I like it but F! will always be my favorite.

Love the fun Henry was having at breakfast. We enjoyed that breakfast but I love Goofy's Kitchen beter just because you get more of a variety of characters to see and my husband likes Chip and Dale's better.

Can't wait to read more!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: