Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #421
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I was away for a while and now got to read several updates at once! Lots of great pictures of the Disneyland resort and it seems like all of you had a great time there!

I am still hoping to be able to go there this fall and your updates certainly made me even more excited about the possibility (especially since by fall all those construction walls will have disappeared... However, I think the walls were done very nicely - much nicer than those at WDW's MK for the new Fantasyland...).
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #422
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Wow brill update (as usual). I am NO fan of ferris wheels the park seems really big - is it larger than DHS? Lookiong forward to more - especially as I have never heard of World of Colour(?)
I think DCA is a bit bigger than DHS, it feels more spread out in the Paradise Pier area too...which is nice. The Bug's Land and Backlot areas are a bit tighter.

Ooooh, World of Color is AMAZING! You just wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWifey185 View Post
Yeah we're thinking we'll probably do a split stay. First night or two at the GCH and the rest at the PPH. I can't help it, I just LOVE the look of the PPH and being able to easily afford a park view makes it that much better!!

Yeah I am not the best note taker either, I have a TR going but it's easy to remember because it was just one day at the parks, a quick fix before we wait out the loooonnnnng four months until we're back again. ....Hey, that's a long time for us! We used to go at least once a month!

GREAT update too! I will definitely have to see Aladdin next time, love that Henry thought "chicken. nuggets" was so funny. How cute! The construction was confusing to us last time too. We didn't make it over to the Hollywood section of the park at all because it was temporarily blocked when we were near there. Reading this gets me so amped up for the honeymoon. I miss it so much!
I understand about that 4 month wait! It's been 6 for us since Disneyland and I'm ITCHIN'. We went about every 3 months for the past two years and I feel like an addict going through withdrawal.

Aladdin is FANTASTIC. Definitely go see it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We love the Aladdin show. We have decide to go to Disneyland but not sure were going to hit up the show. We are only going for three days and Cars-land is what we really want to hit up at DCA. Hubby well take care of getting the house stuff done when he gets back to VA Beach.
I'm so looking forward to Cars Land being open next time we go! The owner of the agency I work for is getting to go for the preview!!! I'm SO excited for her and cannot wait for her pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
checking back in again after all my college work. I need to go back and catch up to your thread though.
HEY YOU!!! You are still in FL right? And working still at Epcot? I need to catch up on your blog (I miss it and your hilarious stories of Park Guests!!)! I need to know your schedule for June 7, perhaps we can see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow...is all I can say. I got behind, but loved reading all the updates. You have done so much already on this day. I really hope to see the Aladdin show one day. I have heard too it was fabulous. You got some really awesome shots there too.
I would say no way jose to the ferris wheel too. I just don't like those things. Skip is selected to ride those with Claire.
I can't wait to see the Little Mermaid ride at WDW...I hope they get a move on it and finish it up early....by the beginning of Nov would be fabulous!
I can't wait to see the Little Mermaid ride at WDW either, I wonder how different-if any-it will be. I just want that area open to see it and walk through! I am hoping for mid-October. I wonder if we will get invited to a preview there too....wouldn't that be cool if it happened to be while you were already there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Thank you for the link to the Zeotrope for Toy Story. That is so cool. I loved to see that, but didn't remember where it was. The Aladdin show is really great, and worth the wait in line. Funny story about the chicken nuggets, and Henry wanting to repeat it all the time! I love DCA, and your pictures are reminding me how much I enjoyed it. I am sure it will be even better once all of the construction is complete.
Your welcome! The zeotrope truly blew my mind! It's incredible. I can't wait to go back to Disneyland to see all the new things, Buena Vista Street is going to be awesome with the red trolleys and all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
finally caught up!!!

Love love love the Zoetrope, that was a highlight of our visit. Sadly Aladdin wasn't showing on our DCA day so I've still not seen it, next time! We wanted to eat lunch there but we made the mistake of trying to eat during peak lunch time and the line went out the door! Another next time

Your cruise plans and FE/Pillowcase look great! I will be very curious to hear how the Hilton is, that could be a good option for us, definitely struggling with what to do on our Nassau day as well. We've booked the Aquaventure but I'm having a hard time with the price and am fairly sure we will cancel.
Several people from my cruise group are going to the Sheraton...it has waterslides - link to their Facebook. I *think* a day room is $99. One gal has gone several times and they love it. It's a short bus ride from the ship. We chose the Hilton (which has a smaller pool and beach, your kids might prefer the Sheraton) because of it's proximity to the ship and we can do some stuff in town, the Pirate Museum and walking tour from Frommers. We almost did the Aquaventure, but ya...that price tag is absurd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What awesome updates!!! I love the links.

Aladdin show... simply my favorite of all time. I think that it is what made me fall in love with Disney parks and the thing I miss most when we go to WDW. Sure, I miss POTC and the wonderful exterior of IASM... but the Aladdin show (maybe because there is nothing like it in WDW) is what I miss most. When I first saw that show, I was hooked. It brought the story to life in such an awesome way. Genie was funny when we saw too... and it was before iphones.
I can definitely see why that show made you fall in love with the Disney Parks! We really enjoy the B&tB show at DHS too, but Aladdin is still a step up. Nemo and Lion King at AK are close, in my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I love the Aladdin show. It was my fav at DL. I wish I could hop on a plane and go right now!

Happy Mother's Day
I'll join you on the plane!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Loving your report.

Aladdin was our very favorite attraction during our visit last December. I loved it so much I had tears in my eyes.

Aladdin was my first Disney movie and I still know all the songs by heart so it was such a treat. I remember when I visited DHS back when it was still MGM in 1996 and they had an Aladdin parade in the park. It was so cool.

Also love the pictures of Henry with Mater and Jake. He is too cute.

Q
Oh that is neat! I would have loved to see an Aladdin parade! The show really is incredible - it's perfect for all ages. I love that Henry still quotes it.

More replies later, I have to go get the boy from PreK!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #423
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Such a great trip report!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #424
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - what a great update. That show looks amazing and the renovations to the park look equally amazing.

Henry is just too funny ....Chicken....Nuggets! Love it!

Henry's pictures are wonderful. He just has the greatest look at his face and he is too cute with Mater.
The show really is amazing, and despite the meh reviews of DCA (pre-refurb) what we saw we REALLY enjoyed! I know it will be so much more when the refurb is complete with Buena Vista Street and Cars Land though!

Henry really enjoy "Mickey Mouse's House California" I think he felt like a big boy without using the stroller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I am loving this report. Your pictures are amazing, as always and so detailed you feel like you're walking a long with you. I gotta admit seeing those Carsland walls would just about kill me. I can't wait to see what they do there and then get upset that it isn't at WDW. Who knows? Maybe we'll make the trip someday. It just looks like you all are having a blast!
I really tried to capture enough pictures and detail so it would feel just like that! I know many of my "regular readers" haven't ever been there, so I wanted to take you all along on the trip with me.

Later in the day, during our TA class I tried to sneak a peek at Cars Land...but ya, I cannot wait to see it all!!! Can you imagine how our boys would react to it??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Wow Brook you have been an updating machine!! Love seeing all the different lands. Yay you conquered the Ferris Wheel. Great views from up there. I am enjoying reading along.
And now I took a big long break! This past week disappeared from under me. I hope to squeeze in an update today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Happy Mothers Day Brook! Glad you had a nice relaxing and fun day!

I love the video clips you posted! That Aladdin show looks amazing and Alexa is ready to go on that Little Mermaid ride The Monsters Inc street show is so cute. I love Monsters Inc I had never heard of the Zoetrope...that was incredible. Is that an actual show? It looks like it is in the middle of a store or something. Pretty cool!
The Zoetrope is just in a room, not really a show-more of an exhibit. Kind of like if it were in One Man's Dream, you just walk in and see it. We really enjoyed this part of the day especially since there were so many unique Disneyland things. I LOVED the Monsters Inc show, I wish they would do that with the DHS parade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImarriedGrumpy View Post
I just heard from a friend who was at DLR this weekend that they've already replaced the Little Mermaid's dole-whip hair in the big Under the Sea scene! Sounds like there's been enough negative feedback that it was changed out. My friend said it was a big improvement, but he kind of missed the wackiness of the spiral hair!
I hadn't heard that, so of course I had to Google it! Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaWJ86pzg8 I can't say I love the new hair either, but it does look better than the Dole Whip overall. The "pony tail" look isn't ever worn by Ariel in the movie, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Milk-carton-flower pots are the best! I have had my fair share. Happy Mother's Day Brook!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I was away for a while and now got to read several updates at once! Lots of great pictures of the Disneyland resort and it seems like all of you had a great time there!

I am still hoping to be able to go there this fall and your updates certainly made me even more excited about the possibility (especially since by fall all those construction walls will have disappeared... However, I think the walls were done very nicely - much nicer than those at WDW's MK for the new Fantasyland...).
Hello you!!! Good to see you again!!!

I hope you are able to make it this fall. It will be very exciting without all the construction walls. I actually prefer WDW's walls to DCAs, I like the concept art and the 3D elements to it. To me it felt like Disneyland was much less concerned about the show element when it came to construction. On our last day at the Parks we even heard construction going on during the middle of the day at the Matterhorn. I've never heard that at WDW, so I was surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
Such a great trip report!!! Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome! Thank you for reading!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #425
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Time for School

We left off after the Aladdin show, we emerged from the theater and headed toward A Bug's Land. I knew there were a few toddler-friendly rides in this area that we could squeeze in before I went off to school.

Yep, school on vacation. Disney school hardly counts as school though, right?!

On our way we saw the ToT

While I enjoy this ride, it's not a "must do" for me, and it's pretty similar to WDWs from what I know, so we passed it by.

This whole land is REALLY cute. Lots of great details.

Up first

This is a balloon type ride, where you fly around in a basket.

I loved all the different types of boxes we were sitting in

The lights in this area are so cute!

Soon, we were flying!

It's a really cute ride, Henry loved it!

Elements like this really make you feel like you are a bug!

Another look at one of the lights

Next up was Francis' Ladybug Boogie, which is basically like the teacups, but a bit more tame.

Not a lady!

My handsome men. Ha!

Joe had us flying, as usual!

Another winner in Henry's book!

We had time for one more ride before I had to head off to class...

Great splash area!

Gotta love this bench

Here we are!

Bumper bugs!

I'd say it was a hit!

Boom!

The cars move pretty slowly, so older children likely wouldn't find this as entertaining.

After our ride it was time for me to GO, there was one more ride

that we wanted to do in A Bug's Land, but we put it on the list for our last day.

On the way out

I took off in front of the boys, it was almost time for school, our class was meeting at ESPN in DTD so I had quite a walk in front of me. The boys went off to the hotel for a swim!

Up next: Disney school
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #426
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

On our way we saw the ToT

While I enjoy this ride, it's not a "must do" for me, and it's pretty similar to WDWs from what I know, so we passed it by.
The one at DCA is fairly different. The ride vehicle at HS actually moves out into the "other dimension" and then you go into the elevator shaft. The one at DCA doesn't move out of the elevator shaft.

The one at HS is easily better.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #427
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

I LOVE TOT!!! Its my favorite ride at DHS! Interesting to hear its different in DL. That Bugs Life area looks so cute I love all the little things they did in that area to make you feel like a small bug
I cant wait to hear about your school
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #428
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love Disney school!!!!

did you have any problems with all the pins on your lanyard? I am trying to decide which to wear when we go in Nov...I want to have some of those special few that we have gotten at AEP....and I do have locking backs, so they should be safe. But I don't want them to become annoying either.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #429
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, if you gotta go to school, I'm thinking Disney school would be the best. I am loving the Bug's Life section of the park since Bug's Life is one of my favorite Disney Pixar movies.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #430
Queila
DIS Veteran

Those rides look so cool.

We were in Disneyland last December sans Beatriz so we did not even go into the Bug's Life "land" but the more I read you TR the more I realize we HAVE TO bring her there.

You leave me no choice Brooke.

Cannot wait to read about Disney school. Hope you are able to share lots of details with us.

Have a great week!
Q
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #432
MEK
DIS Veteran

What cute little rides. The park continues to delight me with all the new pictures. Very cool.

So what DID you learn at school?????

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #433
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Joe had us flying, as usual!

Ok, my favorite picture do far! Pure Fun!

I really did not enjoy school when Iwas younger, but Disney school... that I would have been good with!

Bug's Land looks awesome! I now hope someday I can go to DL.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #434
basketkat
DIS Veteran

The Aladdin show looks/sounds really neat! I can't wait to see it for myself!

The Bug's Life land looks SO cute!!!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #435
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

I would love to do Disney school, but I would be a TA long enough before we go!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: