Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #376
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh yikes, ferris wheels freak me out too Brook! I feel like I could lean forward and just topple out.

Your food looks yummy! I love sourdough bread. YUM!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #377
basketkat
DIS Veteran

I got SO far behind!!! But I am all caught up!!! Good to know about the FP for World of Color! I had no idea!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #378
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I so hope we go this summer but a house comes first. Dh did say we could do WDW if we didn't do Disneyland. So there is hope I'll do one this summer.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #379
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

OMG I thought I was the only coaster diva afraid of the Ferris Wheel! Glad I'm in such good company.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 19/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #380
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Mickey's Fun Wheel is a big NO for me. My loving DH will normally take all 3 kids on it while I do single rider on California Screamin and while he does California Screamin I take the kids on King Tritan's Carousel that is right there.

We love TSMM!! My DS and DD would stay on it all day long if they could. They also love to just sit and watch Mr Potato Head. That is one thing we like that he is outside and anyone can see him. We did get to interact with him one year when our DS was sitting there talking to him and said something to us like "Isn't it bad when the kids will listen to a spud but not his parent's." It was actually pretty cute. We also got to see him take his ear out and then proceed to drop it. OOPS!!!

We don't do much in Paradise Pier either mainly Calif Screamin and TSMM. My DS can't wait to go on Goofy's Sky School and we don't know why. Only has about another inch to go and he'll finally get to ride.

Love hearing someone's elses take on one of our favorite places to go. Can't wait to read more.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #381
claryche
DIS Veteran

Isn't it amazing how our kids feed off our fears, without us even expressing the fear. My DH hates TOT and my DS can tell it and keeps him from enjoying it, but he is getting better, my DS that is. I'm glad that everything worked out with Henry and you both enjoyed the ferris wheel.

Amazing how many people all headed towards TSM, but yet only a 10 minute wait. Do you think it loads faster than at Disney World? Still can't believe that there is no fastpasses for it. It just makes you wonder why the long waits at Disney World and the shorter waits at Disneyland. It can't just be the crowd total, but I have been to HS on some low crowd days and still see a huge wait. Just wonder.

I love that Mickey bread and the snack lunch is kinda cool. It's actually what my son eats for most of his lunches at school. He won't do sandwiches, except grilled cheese, not to school lunch friendly. So he typically does a snacky lunch. So he would probably love that lunch there.

It looks so empty there. I was wondering, I know you talk about Joe taking some pictures, but do you take most of them? Because there are so many I don't know how you do it. It's amazing, I love them.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #382
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Yum, that corn chowder in the bread bowl is so good. How cute that Henry was able to get his meal of snacks, just what he asked for too!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #383
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Andy's house also has a gift shop.

You mean yours doesn't? Mine feels like it does....seems like I'm always paying for something whenever I come or go.

Good info. in this chapter Brook. I knew almost nothing about Paradise Pier.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #384
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

The ferris Wheel is one of the only rides anywhere, where I don;t get motion sickness!

I would have loved the see the view!

TSM's queue did seem lacking. I guess I just love the WDW version so much.

2nd breakfast and 1 box full of snacks! Sign me up!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #385
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a great update, Brook.

Mark would have taken one look at that Ferris Wheel and people would have seen something they NEVER see my husband do -- . run! And I don't mean to the Ferris Wheel, but far, far away. We tried to get him on the one at Navy Pier and he told me if I made him do it he would divorce me!

I'm with you on those swinging things put together with a bolt here or there...NO thank you.

I love Henry's "snack pack" -- too darn cute. And that Mickey Sourdough bread is just adorable (and I love sourdough bread).
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #386
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

I am so enjoying your trip report! Your lunch looked wonderful!!! I agree with you on the Ferris Wheel - I don't know if I could even handle the stationary car though - lol!

Toy Story looks soooooo different! Maybe that is one ride WDW has over DL since it seems like everything else is better in California!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #387
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ummmm, NO WAY JOSE to the ferris wheel! I can't believe you got on that darn thing. Combine the fact that I'm scared of heights and I'm a sissy, no amount of begging could have gotten me on it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #388
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I just stumbled upon your TR and am all caught up! I'm a WDW girl myself, and love seeing DL through the eyes of another WDW lover. I'm so glad to have found a detailed DL TR, and I cannot wait to read more!
:: Thank you for reading! It was one of my main goals to really share Disneyland through the eyes of a WDW Vet. I wanted to share details, and little tips and tricks I learned - hopefully helping others for their future Disneyland trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Lovin this update!
I had fun writing this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Great update! Love all of the photos! my DH is not a fan of ferris wheels either - especially ones with open sides that aren't caged in. Love TSMM - good job beating Joe!
The cage DEFINITELY helped my fear, when they are open and the cars rock back and forth so much...oh my word! NOOOOO WAYYYYYY! The funny thing is, when I was a teenager, I loved the ferris wheel! Our town fair sometimes had those double ones and I LOVED it! I have no idea when that changed...

I could not believe it when I beat Joe. I don't think I have ever beat him in TSM. Buzz yes, because I can see the laser light (he can't due to his eye condition), and I know some secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh yikes, ferris wheels freak me out too Brook! I feel like I could lean forward and just topple out.

Your food looks yummy! I love sourdough bread. YUM!
I'm glad I'm not alone in my fear of the ferris wheel! It helped that it moved really slowly and provided some sneak views of Cars Land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
I got SO far behind!!! But I am all caught up!!! Good to know about the FP for World of Color! I had no idea!
I've been trying to update more since we are leaving in 20-some days and I have quite a few more days to go! I have a feeling it won't get done anyway.

And your welcome about the FP! You can also reserve a meal that is a "package" to get a WoC reserved spot, I'll explain this in my update that includes the WoC pictures since we ended up in that location despite not having the package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I so hope we go this summer but a house comes first. Dh did say we could do WDW if we didn't do Disneyland. So there is hope I'll do one this summer.
Yay!!! A house is important, Disneyland will still be there! And this summer will be craZy with Cars Land just opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
OMG I thought I was the only coaster diva afraid of the Ferris Wheel! Glad I'm in such good company.
I'm glad I'm in good company too! Joe always thinks it's funny that I'm scared of the ferris wheel and swings, but will ride just about any coaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Mickey's Fun Wheel is a big NO for me. My loving DH will normally take all 3 kids on it while I do single rider on California Screamin and while he does California Screamin I take the kids on King Tritan's Carousel that is right there.

We love TSMM!! My DS and DD would stay on it all day long if they could. They also love to just sit and watch Mr Potato Head. That is one thing we like that he is outside and anyone can see him. We did get to interact with him one year when our DS was sitting there talking to him and said something to us like "Isn't it bad when the kids will listen to a spud but not his parent's." It was actually pretty cute. We also got to see him take his ear out and then proceed to drop it. OOPS!!!

We don't do much in Paradise Pier either mainly Calif Screamin and TSMM. My DS can't wait to go on Goofy's Sky School and we don't know why. Only has about another inch to go and he'll finally get to ride.

Love hearing someone's elses take on one of our favorite places to go. Can't wait to read more.
That is a great plan of attack with the ferris wheel and California Screamin'! I like it! I don't think I realized they had Single Rider for CS...I am almost positive we used FastPass instead...hmmm! But we did do a similar method with King Triton's carrousel as well.

I like how they have Mr. Potato Head outside too, it brings a nice atmosphere to the area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Isn't it amazing how our kids feed off our fears, without us even expressing the fear. My DH hates TOT and my DS can tell it and keeps him from enjoying it, but he is getting better, my DS that is. I'm glad that everything worked out with Henry and you both enjoyed the ferris wheel.

Amazing how many people all headed towards TSM, but yet only a 10 minute wait. Do you think it loads faster than at Disney World? Still can't believe that there is no fastpasses for it. It just makes you wonder why the long waits at Disney World and the shorter waits at Disneyland. It can't just be the crowd total, but I have been to HS on some low crowd days and still see a huge wait. Just wonder.

I love that Mickey bread and the snack lunch is kinda cool. It's actually what my son eats for most of his lunches at school. He won't do sandwiches, except grilled cheese, not to school lunch friendly. So he typically does a snacky lunch. So he would probably love that lunch there.

It looks so empty there. I was wondering, I know you talk about Joe taking some pictures, but do you take most of them? Because there are so many I don't know how you do it. It's amazing, I love them.
It is amazing how kids can sense our fears! I always try to be brave so Henry can make his own decision, but it rarely works!

I think they might have had part of the queue roped off at first, so the line appeared longer than what it was. But, overall, a FastPass does make a longer standby line since the CMs have to let in the FP holders - the standby has to just wait. If WDWs TSM had no FP, we'd likely see 30 minute waits, or so. And I KNOW sometimes DHS has a big wait posted, but you go inside and there is NO one there! I haven't experienced that myself, but have seen many reports of that on TRs. So, it's worth a peek on a slow DHS day, even if the time says longer!

Most trips I do hold the camera, but this time I knew we'd need a "navigator" and I can see signs and such, whereas Joe wouldn't be able to, so he did most of the camera work this time. I was constantly saying "Get a picture of that!" or "Give me the camera a sec!" I wanted to be sure to capture it all so I could show the atmosphere of the park, since so many of my regular TR readers haven't been there yet. Joe did an awesome job at capturing it! He is a shutterbug just like me. The camera NEVER gets put away on our trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Yum, that corn chowder in the bread bowl is so good. How cute that Henry was able to get his meal of snacks, just what he asked for too!
It was sooooo yummy! I ate every single bite!

And isn't that funny about him getting snacks??? I just laughed, it's amazing how many little things like that work out for him in life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

You mean yours doesn't? Mine feels like it does....seems like I'm always paying for something whenever I come or go.

Good info. in this chapter Brook. I knew almost nothing about Paradise Pier.
True, true! It does feel like a gift shop in here...plus toys in EVERY SINGLE ROOM! Now if someone could come shopping at my gift shop and pay me to take them away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
The ferris Wheel is one of the only rides anywhere, where I don;t get motion sickness!

I would have loved the see the view!

TSM's queue did seem lacking. I guess I just love the WDW version so much.

2nd breakfast and 1 box full of snacks! Sign me up!
I can understand the motion sickness from the ferris wheel! I get it too on ones that go faster - the sudden drop and then lift back up is what does it for me. This one moves really slowly though, so it wasn't bad at all.

Ya, TSM just wasn't quite as cute inside. I really enjoy all the fun props and things at WDWs! It really feels like you have become a toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a great update, Brook.

Mark would have taken one look at that Ferris Wheel and people would have seen something they NEVER see my husband do -- . run! And I don't mean to the Ferris Wheel, but far, far away. We tried to get him on the one at Navy Pier and he told me if I made him do it he would divorce me!

I'm with you on those swinging things put together with a bolt here or there...NO thank you.

I love Henry's "snack pack" -- too darn cute. And that Mickey Sourdough bread is just adorable (and I love sourdough bread).
I am in good company here with several people who don't do ferris wheels! I thought I would be alone, since they are generally seen as a tame ride. And you understand the bolt/swinging things!! It just freaks me out! I have crazy visions flying off the thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
I am so enjoying your trip report! Your lunch looked wonderful!!! I agree with you on the Ferris Wheel - I don't know if I could even handle the stationary car though - lol!

Toy Story looks soooooo different! Maybe that is one ride WDW has over DL since it seems like everything else is better in California!
I was proud of myself for trying the stationary car! And it really wasn't too bad once we were going since it was short (and I knew that), and it moved slooooowly. The views into Cars Land helped distract me too.

There are a couple more things that WDW has better I think too...I think WDWs Ariel is going to be better overall with the queue, plus, there are a few more things. Stay tuned!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #389
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Ummmm, NO WAY JOSE to the ferris wheel! I can't believe you got on that darn thing. Combine the fact that I'm scared of heights and I'm a sissy, no amount of begging could have gotten me on it.
That is just how I felt! But Henry had been asking for two days, so I had to suck it up for my baby! The fact that I knew it was a short ride, and it was in a cage helped calm me a bit, but I was shaking as we walked down the ramp!

But, even if Henry had begged for the swings I would have said NO WAY JOSE! Joe would have had to do that one. The swings are the worst to me!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #390
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting the picture of the Alamo facility in DTD! I just changed our car rental to Alamo - it will be so convenient to get on our way to San Diego. You are really helping me plan for our trip in October!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: