Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #271
keys1388
Earning My Ears

"Where's Jonah?" haha!! I love it!! I have a picture of me when I was somewhere in the range of Henry's age sitting right by that same little door. I should try to find it. Then I have one of me again when I was 15 with some intense eyebrows sitting by it with my cousin. Ah... memories.
keys1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #272
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I love your TR. Henry's expression on the teacups is absolutely priceless. <3

Yay for your cruise! That'll be awesome! And so soon!!

Hooray for OKW and AKV too! Those will be great trips!

Hope the new apartment works out, doors included!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #273
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Love the updates! You have some great trips coming up!
I love all of the details around the Alice ride...can't wait to hear about it!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR
Next trip????
dolfinjuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #274
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I had a feeling you were going to write that he was scared on those other rides, because I remember that stage....they go from toddlers riding thrill rides to being scared on sedate rides.

Seeing people in those circus train cars looks like a hoot!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I can't beleive Henry is afraid of everything...but then again I can, because Claire has gone through phases like that too.

I love your pillowcase and FE...you made it yourself? I am so not talented like that.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #276
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Althought Kadence is still got some scaredy cat-ness in her. she is getting way better. I've got her convinced that EE is the same as BTMR! Hopfully she not kill me after the ride is over...

I can see how that whales mouth would be a bit much for younger kiddos. Especially, knowing the story of Jonah.

I do like the bathroom doors! Very cute!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #277
DisneyFanDC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

And finally, we spent a few nights in Washington D.C. over Easter and had a GREAT time. This has been on my "Bucket List" for a while now, so I'm elated to have finally done it! We will definitely be back. I had the awesome opportunity to meet up with a couple DISers: missyrose and Lisa...why can't I remember your DIS name??? Both meets were FANTASTIC. Lovely, lovely, lovely ladies!!! Unfortunately I can't share pictures of those meet ups due to my photo service being down and I haven't uploaded the pics to Facebook yet! However, if you are interested, you can follow the story along with my mini-TR on our blog and I will eventually get to the meets! : www.joeandbrook.com
It was super fun meeting Joe, Henry and you when you were here in DC! Hope to see you all again soon.

DisneyFanDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #278
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Poor Henry!

The bathrooms are cute! I love Disneyland's Fantasyland.

Your FE and pillowcase are adorable!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #279
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll keep you guys in my prayers. I hope that you find the apartment that fits your needs and is in a great location.

I know that you are super excited about the cruise! I've been getting some great tips on my pre-trip report from people who have been on cruises before.

I really enjoyed the Disneyland installment. I remember the age when Hunter wasn't quite sure if he liked an attraction or not. We could always tell if he "really" liked it by asking if he was ready to get back on it again. If he said "not right now", then we knew he liked it but was a little scared.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #280
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Your life is so exciting with all the changes and trips. I hope everything works out just like it should.

Henry is just so super cute. I love all the questions he asks. Such an inquiring mind.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #281
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Love the updates. Disneyland is just so different from the World. The CMs sound very similar to those at Paris, they just dont get themeing and being in character.

Teacups with no lids - whats that all about, doesnt it rain in Disneyland?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #282
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I'm so surprised that Henry is suddenly afraid of so many rides! I've always thought that being scared of rides happens more to kids who are new to Disney, not kids who have gone on rides since they were babies.

All those trips sound awesome, especially the cruise!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #283
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, Brook!!! I am going to have nightmares tonight thinking about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!!!

I seriously remember it from waaay back when (when I was 5 actually) and I was terrified! I am scared to death of drowning, so submarines are just NOT for me! I completely understand why Henry wasn't sure about it -- honestly I'm not sure I could even get into one of those things without having a panic attack! I totally give him credit for riding Nemo! He's braver than this girl!!!

I love seeing your pics of Storybook Land!!! From the DL TR's I've read, Storybook Land & ToonTown look like my two favs!!!

Neat bathrooms! I like the pretty lights in there! Very Alice!!!

Going to read your blog now about your D.C. trip!!! (I haven't been since the late 90's so I'm excited to see how its changed!)

Good luck with the move & the search for a new apt (and doors!)!!! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to find something in NY!!! I know we had a heck of a time selling our old house and buying our new one -- and there isn't much of a demand around here! I would be all nerves worrying about it!!! When I read your post about the move, Joe's new job, Henry going to a new school, etc. I just thought your attitude about it all is truly amazing!!! You're such a positive person regardless of whats going on around you! I will pray that you find a place that is perfect for you guys!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #284
claryche
DIS Veteran

Good luck on the apartment hunt. I can't even imagine. I watch selling New York on HG TV all the time and it's scary. So I said a little prayer for you.

I also feel for you as far as schools. I know that it isn't nearly as hard as it is in my town. But I know how hard it was for us deciding on where to send Logan and whether we stay in our smaller home and send him to a private school or what do we do. I really think we made the best choice and I know that if you do your research (which I know you will do) and then say a little prayer then what is best is what will happen for you guys. The right school can mean so much and I'm so grateful for the school that we picked. In fact, get this, Logan had an actual sleepover at his school. We dropped him off at 6pm on Friday and picked him the next morning at 8am. There aren't many kindergarten teachers out there that would do something like that. So I wish for you to find the best school for Henry and for you guys as a family.

claryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #285
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have to comment on the life update first - Did you say you DON't have a door on your bedroom? How will Henry ever have a little brother or sister with that arrangement? You must get that corrected.

I started reading you DC blog and your trip sounds great. It has given me so many ideas because I really want to visit there soon (its been far too long).

The cruise plans sound awesome! That is going to be so fun. I love how you have your plans all figured out.

I hope things work out well with Joe's job and your new apartment search and Henry's school. I can believe school is such a stress in NYC. Sounds not fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: