Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #91
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Whoo-hoo!!! Another Disney trip!!!

You're so lucky you got into Pop Century... When I called, right after they released the free dining codes, they told me that the only value resorts that I could get free dining were one of the three All Star resorts... I didn't book the trip... With my project at work, a vacation this year isn't looking to promising... Deadlines are sometimes more important than Mickey...
NancyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #92
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Whoo-hoo!!! Another Disney trip!!!

You're so lucky you got into Pop Century... When I called, right after they released the free dining codes, they told me that the only value resorts that I could get free dining were one of the three All Star resorts... I didn't book the trip... With my project at work, a vacation this year isn't looking to promising... Deadlines are sometimes more important than Mickey...

Whoa, do you mean that there was no availability at Pop? Or that they're not offering free dining at Pop? I haven't actually booked yet, hope I don't run into any issues! I know my cousin has booked at Pop and got the free dining promo... hmm...
Sorry to hear a vacation isn't in your future right now. Work is required to feed the addiction though!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #94
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post

Whoa, do you mean that there was no availability at Pop? Or that they're not offering free dining at Pop? I haven't actually booked yet, hope I don't run into any issues! I know my cousin has booked at Pop and got the free dining promo... hmm...
Sorry to hear a vacation isn't in your future right now. Work is required to feed the addiction though!
I called the day they released the free dining code to Disney Visa holders and Pop wasn't one of the value resorts participating... Then I called on the Monday they released the free dining code to the public and got the same story... Maybe I called too soon and they wanted to fill up the All Star resorts first before making Pop available...

Yeah, having work interfere with my Disney vacations really bites, but no job, no Disney... Gotta do one so I can do the other...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #95
eeyore04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I called the day they released the free dining code to Disney Visa holders and Pop wasn't one of the value resorts participating... Then I called on the Monday they released the free dining code to the public and got the same story... Maybe I called too soon and they wanted to fill up the All Star resorts first before making Pop available...

Yeah, having work interfere with my Disney vacations really bites, but no job, no Disney... Gotta do one so I can do the other...

That's weird... we booked 2.5 weeks ago and got free dining at Pop... now our travel agent had to call the Disney Travel Company in order to get it, but we got it!

My first TR (working on, still!!): How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR
My PTR for a trip that was postponed:And it all started at 357 (days)
My first PTR: Does being there every day in my dreams count?
2009: POP, Sept 2012: POP, November 13-22, 2014 Pop Century
eeyore04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #96
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
That's weird... we booked 2.5 weeks ago and got free dining at Pop... now our travel agent had to call the Disney Travel Company in order to get it, but we got it!
Maybe that's the difference between me calling Disney and you using a travel agent...

I called Disney 407-W-DISNEY on Friday March 3rd and again on Monday March 5th, each time with a different free dining code, and both times they told me Pop Century wasn't one of the value resorts participating...

Guess next time I'll go thru a travel agent so I get the resort that I want...
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #97
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
So happy you have decided to take a trip this year! I can't wait to hear about all the plans and I am loving the new ticker
We decided life is too short to wait 4 years!!

Quote:
Maybe that's the difference between me calling Disney and you using a travel agent...

I called Disney 407-W-DISNEY on Friday March 3rd and again on Monday March 5th, each time with a different free dining code, and both times they told me Pop Century wasn't one of the value resorts participating...

Guess next time I'll go thru a travel agent so I get the resort that I want...
Very interesting... perhaps a TA is the difference!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #98
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Caved!

Today Sheeka had to go back to the vet for a checkup. He wanted us to leave her there with him for a couple of hours. Instead of driving back home (we live in the boondocks!) we did a few small errands. When we did that and had still not got a call from the vet we decided to visit our travel agent, just to see.

I walked in the door of Maritime Travel and Melissa looked up and smiled. "Are we going to Disney this year?" she asked. I laughed and said "That's what we're here to find out."

So we sat down and she called Disney. We talked about options and prices and what we wanted and got our final price. She put the vacation on hold for us and said that it requires a deposit before March 5th to be official. We set out on our way, picked up our dog (who is doing fantastic, bandage is off and her stitches look good. She's healing very well!) and went home. We checked out the AirMiles site, had enough for two flights, so we booked them. It was done!

We have flights!

We had a little more running around to do in town so we stopped back in at the travel agency. We handed over our flight information to Melissa who called Disney to arrange Magical Express, and while she had them on the phone she put a deposit on my credit card.

We have a reservation!

Guys! It's official! We're going to Walt Disney World!

Last edited by teekathepony; 03-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! Let me be the first to congratulate you!

Did you also apply for a TA job while you were there?

Glad sheeka is doing well with her recovery.

Go celebrate you newly booked trip. That's awesome!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #100
eeyore04
Mouseketeer

so. freaking. excited!!!!!!!

We are going to FINALLY be in Disney World at the same time! It may have taken us 4 years, but damn it it's happening!

btw your msg is my 365 today!

My first TR (working on, still!!): How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR
My PTR for a trip that was postponed:And it all started at 357 (days)
My first PTR: Does being there every day in my dreams count?
2009: POP, Sept 2012: POP, November 13-22, 2014 Pop Century
eeyore04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #101
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking your flights and having an official trip

I was really hoping to get back in early 2013 but I just got hit with a stupid $1400 car repair bill today, so I don't think it's in the cards.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #102
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for caving!!!!!! How exciting that you're starting to get things booked for your trip!! (And I love the new title for the report! )
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #103
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo Hoo! Let me be the first to congratulate you!

Did you also apply for a TA job while you were there?

Glad sheeka is doing well with her recovery.

Go celebrate you newly booked trip. That's awesome!
Thank youuuu!!

I did poke around to see if they're hiring! Unfortunately it's a tiny outfit with two full time staff and that's really all they need. I'm going to keep looking though!

I think we're going to celebrate with an elaborate movie night tonight. I'm trying to throw something together quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
so. freaking. excited!!!!!!!

We are going to FINALLY be in Disney World at the same time! It may have taken us 4 years, but damn it it's happening!

btw your msg is my 365 today!
I know, seriously how long have we been saying; "Imagine if we could go together!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Congrats on booking your flights and having an official trip

I was really hoping to get back in early 2013 but I just got hit with a stupid $1400 car repair bill today, so I don't think it's in the cards.
Thank you!
Ouch, that's a nasty car bill Maybe something will work out in your favour yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for caving!!!!!! How exciting that you're starting to get things booked for your trip!! (And I love the new title for the report! )
Thanks! Haha yes, we are official and it feels so good to be planning!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #104
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Whoo-hoo on booking your trip and getting flights!!! Let the countdown begin!!!

Was the travel agent able to get you into Pop Century??? I'm guessing that's the magic piece I was missing... Next time I'll know better than to try to do things on my own...

And I'm glad Sheeka is healing nicely... One less thing to worry about...
Old 03-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #105
amazingact21
Upendi

Congrats on making reservations!!!! That's wonderful! (And it's good to hear Sheeka is doing great, too.)
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: