Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #346
DADore
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321

We live in Houma. Was born and raised in New Orleans and moved to Houma after college. We have been planning since last February and still get super excited every time the subject comes up! We just got back from getting passports. Is this your first Disney cruise?

We are from Lafayette and heading to Galveston for the Mardi Gras cruise. We just got home today from DuLarge. We love it down the bayou!!!!
DADore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #347
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyfanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ponder, TX
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Got my cruise documents today!!! Yeah!!!
US TOO!!!!
__________________
Connie


Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :



Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #348
ktyler1320
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kinder, Louisiana
Posts: 54

Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?
ktyler1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #349
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member
 
Pocahantas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Louisiana & BCV (771 miles from door to door)
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADore View Post
We are from Lafayette and heading to Galveston for the Mardi Gras cruise. We just got home today from DuLarge. We love it down the bayou!!!!
We are from the Lafayette area too. Just north near Carencro.
__________________
Monica
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF; 6/14 - VGC; 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib Next Up: 6/15 - Aulani
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #350
DADore
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas

We are from the Lafayette area too. Just north near Carencro.
My husband graduated from Carencro HS.
DADore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #351
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktyler1320 View Post
Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?
Welcome aboard!! This won't be ur last...we have all said that this was our first cruise before and now I am on 5!! 6 in Dec 2013!!! We have 1 formal nt(sunday) and a semi formal on weds I think.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #352
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member
 
Pocahantas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Louisiana & BCV (771 miles from door to door)
Posts: 1,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADore View Post
My husband graduated from Carencro HS.
So did I in 1987. What year did he graduate?
__________________
Monica
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF; 6/14 - VGC; 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib Next Up: 6/15 - Aulani
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #353
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyfanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ponder, TX
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktyler1320 View Post
Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?
There is 1 formal and 1 semi-formal night, as well as a pirate night.

This is the schedule I was told by the DCL rep when I called them a few weeks ago:
Sunday is formal
Tuesday is Pirate night
Wednesday is semi-formal
__________________
Connie


Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :



Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #354
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktyler1320 View Post
Is it too late to join the FE group? This is our first cruise so I'm still learning how it all works. We are so excited. Does anyone know how many formal and semi formal nights we will have on this cruise?
Unfortunately we closed the FE group on Christmas Day, then extended it until January 4th, but have closed it again. Sorry. It is just hard to keep adding people when you only have 33 days left.
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 31-June 7, 2014

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #355
kgregory22
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3

Coming aboard

So surprising my wife and 3 1/2 year daughter with this crusie kinda last minute. (She thinks were going to Houston for the NBA all star game which is 2/15 thru 2-17), Flying in from CA, looks like one night before and staying one night afterwards.

Brand new to message boards but now after 24 pages feel like I have had a education. (DD, KSF, DH, FB, FH, WDW, DS) took me about six-eight pages to catch on but think I have it all square. Lots of awesome tips, and insight, I booked thru Costco so I feel semi out of the loop on the details and benefits of the Disney Cruise. So I think I have the hang of it.

My DW and DD have cruise before but only when she was 1 1/2, and just a quick turn around mexico cruise. DW and me have taken 3 princess crusies, so the disney theme should be a blast. Even after 24 pages I have a few questions.

For a 3 1/2 year old almost 4 at the sailing do you think the kid clubs are safe to leave her there? I noticed that the clubs say that parents are not allowed and i think that might freak out the wife?

We got waitlisted for 1st seating, but were told we could do a freestyle seating/dining choice. With that option can you still visit the different dining rooms on some sort of rotation?

I was planning on just staying by a airport hotel pre & post cruise (so that i can take advantage of their free shuttle to and from airport) and then use the Disney transfers to port and back. This would negiate the need for a car, and more importantly a car seat? Is this wise or would I be better to find something indpendent to get to the cruise terminal early ahead of the disney cruise transfer? Would this also give me a better chance of getting on early and then maybe geeting first stab on the first dinner time?

Any help would be great! Both are going to be totally floored when they find out what were doing. Trying to keep it a secret till we get on the shuttle to the port!
kgregory22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #356
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgregory22 View Post
So surprising my wife and 3 1/2 year daughter with this crusie kinda last minute. (She thinks were going to Houston for the NBA all star game which is 2/15 thru 2-17), Flying in from CA, looks like one night before and staying one night afterwards.

Brand new to message boards but now after 24 pages feel like I have had a education. (DD, KSF, DH, FB, FH, WDW, DS) took me about six-eight pages to catch on but think I have it all square. Lots of awesome tips, and insight, I booked thru Costco so I feel semi out of the loop on the details and benefits of the Disney Cruise. So I think I have the hang of it.

My DW and DD have cruise before but only when she was 1 1/2, and just a quick turn around mexico cruise. DW and me have taken 3 princess crusies, so the disney theme should be a blast. Even after 24 pages I have a few questions.

For a 3 1/2 year old almost 4 at the sailing do you think the kid clubs are safe to leave her there? I noticed that the clubs say that parents are not allowed and i think that might freak out the wife?

We got waitlisted for 1st seating, but were told we could do a freestyle seating/dining choice. With that option can you still visit the different dining rooms on some sort of rotation?

I was planning on just staying by a airport hotel pre & post cruise (so that i can take advantage of their free shuttle to and from airport) and then use the Disney transfers to port and back. This would negiate the need for a car, and more importantly a car seat? Is this wise or would I be better to find something indpendent to get to the cruise terminal early ahead of the disney cruise transfer? Would this also give me a better chance of getting on early and then maybe geeting first stab on the first dinner time?

Any help would be great! Both are going to be totally floored when they find out what were doing. Trying to keep it a secret till we get on the shuttle to the port!
So awesome that you are surprising your DW and DD. As for the differrence in cruises...big DISNEY difference. If the NBA is the 15th, then how are u explaining going down early for our Feb 9th cruise. ?? U sure u are on this cruise?
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #357
kgregory22
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3

positive I'm on this cruise. She just thinks were going to Houston early to see the sights.
kgregory22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #358
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgregory22
positive I'm on this cruise. She just thinks were going to Houston early to see the sights.
Lol. I was just making sure.....lol
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #359
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgregory22 View Post
My DW and DD have cruise before but only when she was 1 1/2, and just a quick turn around mexico cruise. DW and me have taken 3 princess crusies, so the disney theme should be a blast. Even after 24 pages I have a few questions.

For a 3 1/2 year old almost 4 at the sailing do you think the kid clubs are safe to leave her there? I noticed that the clubs say that parents are not allowed and i think that might freak out the wife?
yes I think you couldn't be on any safer cruise line. My kids have loved the clubs. My DD's first time was 2 1/2 yrs old. The keeping the parents out started after like our 2nd cruise cause too many parents hanging out which leads to the kids not getting the fun experience and also it's for the safety of the other kids. I mean I prefer that a bunch of adults I don't know aren't in there hanging around my kids...just a better situation all together to keep parents time in there to a minimum. Counselors can't keep an eye on the kids if they are getting interrupted by adults.
We got waitlisted for 1st seating, but were told we could do a freestyle seating/dining choice. With that option can you still visit the different dining rooms on some sort of rotation?
I don't know what u are talking "freestyle"!! Maybe that U can go to topsiders buffet on deck 9 for dinner instead of the resteraunt but why would you wanna miss on the dining rotations. I think once you get onboard maybe u can switch from second to first dining. U definately wanna go to the dining rooms!!
I was planning on just staying by a airport hotel pre & post cruise (so that i can take advantage of their free shuttle to and from airport) and then use the Disney transfers to port and back. This would negiate the need for a car, and more importantly a car seat? Is this wise or would I be better to find something indpendent to get to the cruise terminal early ahead of the disney cruise transfer? Would this also give me a better chance of getting on early and then maybe geeting first stab on the first dinner time?
I would try and be at the port a bit before ur port arrival time...what time did u get?? I mean yes the earlier u can get on then u get ahead of others requesting things. We aren't staying by Hobby cause I heard it isn't a nice/safe area. We are renting a car from enterprise for $60 and dropping it in galveston. staying there seems nicer. I think we are going out on the Bolivar Ferry,, it's free and I guess u can see a ton of dolphins. My kids will love it!!
Any help would be great! Both are going to be totally floored when they find out what were doing. Trying to keep it a secret till we get on the shuttle to the port!
So awesome of u to do this for ur wife!!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #360
larryb241
WDW visitor since...well, a long time
 
larryb241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 24

Question Looking for a little help

Hi cruisers!!!! My DW, DD and I can't wait for this cruise. We are long time Disney World goers. Married there in 2000 and go about once every couple years. This will be our first Disney cruise.
I found this thread and wow! So first - what is FE (fish extenders?)
Looking to book a hotel for night before. Does it pay to stay at Galvez for $215 and not pay the parking fee at terminal?
My daughter is really nervous about the cruise. She thinks that we're just going to drop her off at the kids club and never see her. Ha! I wish. I know that she'll get over it, but maybe knowing someone here might help.
FYI - we're coming in from Lewisville, TX.
thanks!!!
Larry
__________________
I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter. - Walt Disney
larryb241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.