Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #331
kags711
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Welcome!! My DD will be turning 6 on this cruise. There are a lot of kids her age on this cruise, it seems.

As for the facebook page, go to You'll have to request to join as it's a closed group, but there are several of us that have been sharing ideas. It's been a good source of information as well as the DIS.

Only 38 days to go! We're so excited!!

Great thank you! My DD (Kamryn) will turn 6 in just a couple of weeks so they are very close in age! She is a little shy so I am hoping she will quickly make some friends in the kids club. Of course her little sister will be with her who is the complete opposite of shy! We are not telling them about the cruise-- we plan on surprising them when we show up at the dock Hope I can keep it a secret!

Also, for those of you that are driving your own car, where are you parking?
kags711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #332
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kags711 View Post
Great thank you! My DD (Kamryn) will turn 6 in just a couple of weeks so they are very close in age! She is a little shy so I am hoping she will quickly make some friends in the kids club. Of course her little sister will be with her who is the complete opposite of shy! We are not telling them about the cruise-- we plan on surprising them when we show up at the dock Hope I can keep it a secret!

Also, for those of you that are driving your own car, where are you parking?
Allie's shy as well, but seems to do better with kids her own age. She's looking forward to making friends.

We are driving down the day before so we can go to Pleasure Pier. We were looking at staying at one of the hotels that offer shuttles to the port, but with what we could save by staying at one that doesn't offer transport, we are looking at self parking now. Still reading reviews to decide which one we want to go with.
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #333
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kags711 View Post
We just booked this cruise today! I am so excited and am in planning overdrive since this is so last minute! It will be me, DH, and DD6 and DD3. We are WDW fanatics and go to the world once or twice a year. This will be our 1st disney cruise (DH and I did take one on carnival for our honeymoon and enjoyed it). We are also from Louisiana are are taking advantage of the Mardi Gras school vacation. I saw that there was a facebook group-- how do I join that?
I had/have so many questions and it has been so great reading everyone's posts, ideas, and responses!
Welcome Aboard we are from Louisiana also and also taking advantage of the Mardi Gras break - we are from Houma, Louisiana. Just go to the facebook page and click join, add, or like - whatever the option is and then you will be added when Michelle adds you.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #334
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Ok so my mom (mind you who lives on the next stree over) called me all excited today because she got her cruise documents - I am jealous - I didn't get mine - as a matter of fact - no mail today!!! I hope I get them tomorrow or I will start to worry!!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #335
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Ok so my mom (mind you who lives on the next stree over) called me all excited today because she got her cruise documents - I am jealous - I didn't get mine - as a matter of fact - no mail today!!! I hope I get them tomorrow or I will start to worry!!
We are anxiously awaiting ours too. The in laws haven't received theirs yet either. It's like Christmas every time I go to the mail box though. I've been ordering supplies for FEs online, so there's been a lot of packages. It's keeping me busy enough so that I don't start packing yet. If we were 38 days out from a WDW trip, I'd already have the luggage down and half packed. lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #336
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
We are anxiously awaiting ours too. The in laws haven't received theirs yet either. It's like Christmas every time I go to the mail box though. I've been ordering supplies for FEs online, so there's been a lot of packages. It's keeping me busy enough so that I don't start packing yet. If we were 38 days out from a WDW trip, I'd already have the luggage down and half packed. lol.
Our friends got their docs yesterday from our agent and we didn't. I figure I have 30+ days to go and I don't really need them to get onboard anyhow I have had clothes shoved aside for over 2 months but officially just packed last week. I made 2 large suitcase ...each with 3 days of daywear and 3 nights of dinner wear. I am always afraid of my luggage being lost when having connecting flights. I have those 2 large pieces, another large piece with SHOES(large part), all the medicines, hamper, etc.
One carry on for FE's, one for important papers, money, SLR camera, all the charges, ETC. Then one more with clothes for the 2 days in Texas. Even though I have 6 pieces at least a bunch will fit into the others so easy storage under the bed in the stateroom!!!!

What else has everyone have packed?

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #337
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Hey , some questions were asked about a DIS meet. YES there is a meet for 3PM at the Promenade lounge on Deck 3. If you upgrade at the port make sure you show up to this or change your room number on the paper on Minnie321's door.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #338
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

I have a friend that just told me her husband surprised them with the cruise for christmas - she asked about joining the FE group - I told her it was extended until the 4th - so we may have another family added - just giving everyone a heads up.

I can't say that I have packed too much - just the new clothes and things the kids got for Christmas and when I find something I think I might need I toss it in the suitcases! Kids are going to their dads this weekend and I plan on laying out everyone's clothes and making a list of things I still need to buy - like DS needs a dress shirt and shoes. I still need a formal! I agree with the shoes - not sure but I think between DD and I we made need a deticated shoe suitcase!!!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #339
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Ok I updated the first post incase anyone still wanted to get the info from there.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #340
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321
I have a friend that just told me her husband surprised them with the cruise for christmas - she asked about joining the FE group - I told her it was extended until the 4th - so we may have another family added - just giving everyone a heads up.

I can't say that I have packed too much - just the new clothes and things the kids got for Christmas and when I find something I think I might need I toss it in the suitcases! Kids are going to their dads this weekend and I plan on laying out everyone's clothes and making a list of things I still need to buy - like DS needs a dress shirt and shoes. I still need a formal! I agree with the shoes - not sure but I think between DD and I we made need a deticated shoe suitcase!!!
Had your friend cone on fb or here yet or filled our the questionnaire to join??? Just wondering. Girl you better get packing.....lol. I am almost done. Although I am rethinking my girls semi formal

Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #341
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Had your friend cone on fb or here yet or filled our the questionnaire to join??? Just wondering. Girl you better get packing.....lol. I am almost done. Although I am rethinking my girls semi formal
Yes she did fill out the questionair and joined the FB page - she is the second to last person on the questionaire - well as of last night - I have not checked again today to see if there was anyone else.
Plan on packing and planning anything else I need to buy this weekend - oh and deciding on a formal for myself.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #342
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Got my cruise documents today!!! Yeah!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #343
ForTheLoveOfDCL

We don't have to long and we will be at sailway party!!!! Actually I can't wait to fly out. A month from tomorrow I will be on a plane!!!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #344
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
We don't have to long and we will be at sailway party!!!! Actually I can't wait to fly out. A month from tomorrow I will be on a plane!!!!!

With the yucky weather we have had this weekend, I managed to get some packing done. I still have a lot to finish but at least it is started
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #345
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post

With the yucky weather we have had this weekend, I managed to get some packing done. I still have a lot to finish but at least it is started
Agree with the yucky weather! But I was able to get my FE's done again - I really think I am finished except for packing up one project that has to dry for a while. tonight I plan on seeing what clothes we have and what we still need to but.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: