Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #316
mollymeaux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Will you have a FE hanging outside your cabin? We may drop a few treats for you as well if you have one hanging??
We will have our FE hanging. Loaded up on Mardi Gras beads tonight. Can't wait to celebrate on the ship.

WDW: Sept 2011
DCL: Magic 2/9/13-2/15/13
mollymeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #317
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

I got this for the girls for their slim cameras and wave phones...nice crossbody ..

made these books for the girls...inside the pages are made up of pictures of them from previous cruises with each character. tried uploading but won't work!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #318
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

I got this for the girls for their slim cameras and wave phones...nice crossbody ..

made these books for the girls...inside the pages are made up of pictures of them from previous cruises with each character. tried uploading but won't work!
Very cute! I love the autograph book! Annalise got two different Vera Bradley purses for the cruse - cross body also and big enough for the camera and wave phone.

Minnie321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #319
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
So, I'm dying to post and see everyone's finished FE gifts, but since we can't, I thought we could share some of the other cruise related crafts we've been working on. I'm in the process of sewing a pillowcase dress and matching doll dress for my DD and an Alice in Wonderland costume for her to wear the night of her birthday.

Here's one of the only crafty things I've finished. It's actually been done for quite a while. It's Allie's autograph book. I just get a pre-made scrapbook from HL and embellish it. I couldn't find the right colors this time, so I re-covered the front and back inside and out. The left sides are for pictures of Allie and the character and the right is for the signature.

Anyone else want to share what they've made? I love to see them!!!
I love it! Very crafty. I don't know if my daughter wants an autograph book or not - guess I better ask her.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #320
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymeaux

What's the facebook page about?
It is just a page I made up which is a private page so we can chat there too since people get on it all the time. Called Mardi gras mickey's. Just ask to join.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #321
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321

Very cute! I love the autograph book! Annalise got two different Vera Bradley purses for the cruse - cross body also and big enough for the camera and wave phone.
My. Dd's have Vera's too but wanted something just for the wave phone and smaller then the crossbody. Last year I didn't get my oldest an autograph book and she had fun with her new found friends getting autographs. Plus I thought it was cute to have them autograph over there photos, kinda like a celebrity. Lol.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #322
owigotprcd
Earning My Ears

Are there lots of chances for autographs on the ship?
owigotprcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #323
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by owigotprcd View Post
are there lots of chances for autographs on the ship?
yes

Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #324
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

Love the autograph book!

I kinda wish I'd made something cruise specific, but Allie picked out what she wanted on the cover. She loves getting autographs and makes it her mission to find every character with a page. It's almost like a scavenger hunt for her. With the cruise, I went to DCL's website and looked up which characters were generally on the ship and made the pages based on that. Here's hoping that she'll be able to get them all.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #325
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

I just checked out my countdown.

1 month, 1 week, and 1 day to go! SQUEEE!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #326
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Love the autograph book!

I kinda wish I'd made something cruise specific, but Allie picked out what she wanted on the cover. She loves getting autographs and makes it her mission to find every character with a page. It's almost like a scavenger hunt for her. With the cruise, I went to DCL's website and looked up which characters were generally on the ship and made the pages based on that. Here's hoping that she'll be able to get them all.
Yeah my pages on the inside have old pics from old cruises...kinda like celeb shots autographed. Then I left blank pages in case there were characters we never had on our cruises. We have cinderella, ariel, tiana, sleeping beauty, belle, snow white, fab 5, chip and dale, turk, alice, mad hatter, pinnochio, jiminy cricket, wendy, peter pan, pochohantus, capt jack, capt hook, genie, and I can't rememeber who else...oh a couple show characters.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #327
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

So I put away Christmas decorations - put out Mardi GRAS decorations and put suitcases in the dining room (tell tale sign a vacation it approaching). My son comes through as I was throwing things in the suitcases and says, "really mom - you are packing already!" I would not really call it packing but at least the bags are there to toss things into when I come across them or buy them. Also all the new clothes they got for Christmas because no way am I letting them wear them now - they will ruin them in the next 39 days!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #328
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
So I put away Christmas decorations - put out Mardi GRAS decorations and put suitcases in the dining room (tell tale sign a vacation it approaching). My son comes through as I was throwing things in the suitcases and says, "really mom - you are packing already!" I would not really call it packing but at least the bags are there to toss things into when I come across them or buy them. Also all the new clothes they got for Christmas because no way am I letting them wear them now - they will ruin them in the next 39 days!
I was tempted to pull our suitcases out of the closet in the guest bedroom when I was cleaning in there a couple days ago but I figured my family would have the same reaction your son had so I didn't. But that won't last long
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #329
kags711
Earning My Ears

We just booked this cruise today! I am so excited and am in planning overdrive since this is so last minute! It will be me, DH, and DD6 and DD3. We are WDW fanatics and go to the world once or twice a year. This will be our 1st disney cruise (DH and I did take one on carnival for our honeymoon and enjoyed it). We are also from Louisiana are are taking advantage of the Mardi Gras school vacation. I saw that there was a facebook group-- how do I join that?
I had/have so many questions and it has been so great reading everyone's posts, ideas, and responses!
kags711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #330
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kags711 View Post
We just booked this cruise today! I am so excited and am in planning overdrive since this is so last minute! It will be me, DH, and DD6 and DD3. We are WDW fanatics and go to the world once or twice a year. This will be our 1st disney cruise (DH and I did take one on carnival for our honeymoon and enjoyed it). We are also from Louisiana are are taking advantage of the Mardi Gras school vacation. I saw that there was a facebook group-- how do I join that?
I had/have so many questions and it has been so great reading everyone's posts, ideas, and responses!
Welcome!! My DD will be turning 6 on this cruise. There are a lot of kids her age on this cruise, it seems.

As for the facebook page, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/302836943149985/ You'll have to request to join as it's a closed group, but there are several of us that have been sharing ideas. It's been a good source of information as well as the DIS.

Only 38 days to go! We're so excited!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: