Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #271
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
We DO have a formal and semi formal night!!!! The email we received was a marketing mistake. They said pay attention to info you receive about cruise in the next week or so!! Formal --2nd night and a Pirate night and a semi formal!! Don't unpack your DH's suits just yet and your evening gowns!
This makes me feel better. I just bought my gown for formal night.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #272
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Question for those of you with girls. I'm making a craft for FE for the little girls that are bringing their American girl dolls and I need to know how many. Can I get a count of those that own an AG (or any 18 inch) doll?
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #273
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Question for those of you with girls. I'm making a craft for FE for the little girls that are bringing their American girl dolls and I need to know how many. Can I get a count of those that own an AG (or any 18 inch) doll?
Nelia has 3--Nellie, Chrissa, McKenna...well and 3 bitty's....ON that note I believe she is bringing McKenna since she is her newest from Christmas and hasn't been on a Disney Cruise yet.

Sydney has some but will not be bringing hers.

Can't wait to see what crafty thing u are embarking on!!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #274
mollymeaux
Earning My Ears

Excited about our first Disney Cruise. We are joining other friends from Louisiana. We have 3 kids (9,5,4). Thinking we will keep it as a surprise until the day of, but our friends revealed over Christmas. Looking for thoughts on keeping it a secret vs letting the mouse out of the bag.

How many cabins are on the FE group? I was expecting many, but the list looks slim.
mollymeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #275
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymeaux View Post
Excited about our first Disney Cruise. We are joining other friends from Louisiana. We have 3 kids (9,5,4). Thinking we will keep it as a surprise until the day of, but our friends revealed over Christmas. Looking for thoughts on keeping it a secret vs letting the mouse out of the bag.

How many cabins are on the FE group? I was expecting many, but the list looks slim.
There are about 11 of us. Smaller then I am used to but still fun!

I personally would love to keep it a secret till driving up to the ship. U live right there , I would wait!!! I have a 9 yr old as well. Our ability to join the FE closed on Christmas but I would be willing to take someone else on....hot to see what everyone else thinks...not thinking it is a big deal.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #276
mollymeaux
Earning My Ears

My plan is to tell them we are spending the weekend in Galveston and seeing our friends off on the Disney cruise. That is if they even ask about the luggage.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #277
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
We DO have a formal and semi formal night!!!! The email we received was a marketing mistake. They said pay attention to info you receive about cruise in the next week or so!! Formal --2nd night and a Pirate night and a semi formal!! Don't unpack your DH's suits just yet and your evening gowns!
I have only seen my dh in a suit once for a job interview, even our wedding he wore a Hawaiian shirt (hawaiian theme wedding so it was ok), so I'll be happy to get him in something long sleeve with slacks for the formal/semi-formal nights. I also don't own any gowns other than my wedding gown, and after 3 kids (including a set of twins), not too sure I could squeeze into it anymore. So, we'll be pretty casual, which is who we are, so it's all good. Honestly, since it is Disney, I wasn't expecting anything too formal, but it will be fun to see others dressed to the nines. I won't point and gawk at you if you don't at us..

Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :

Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #278
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Ok I am a little nervous - I didn't get an email and I used to get emails. I wonder if I should call Disney and check on my reservation??

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #279
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Annalise does have an american girl, but she is not bringing it.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #280
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321
Ok I am a little nervous - I didn't get an email and I used to get emails. I wonder if I should call Disney and check on my reservation??
I personally wouldn't worry...just marketing thing....add long as you can see it online..no worries I don't think

Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #281
mollymeaux
Earning My Ears

Parking Recommendation

We have used excruiseparking.com before and will be using them again. They offer shuttle to the terminal. EZGIFT7 can be used to save $5. Cost for the 6 nights is $55.

WDW: Sept 2011
DCL: Magic 2/9/13-2/15/13
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #282
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymeaux
We have used excruiseparking.com before and will be using them again. They offer shuttle to the terminal. EZGIFT7 can be used to save $5. Cost for the 6 nights is $55.
I am thinking of pricelineing a car for the week since enterprise is so expensive & parking at the port. Plus it will save the hassle on our return. Molly I am guessing you aren't doing fe???

Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #283
mollymeaux
Earning My Ears

We're going to respect the Dec 25th deadline for the FE group. We are going to bring some goodies and let the kids drop treats when we see FEs on the ship. We are in cabin 8084 with Dylan (DH), Brody (DS-9), Finley (DD-5) & Rowdy (DS-4). The friends we are traveling with have a DD-9 & DS-5. Can't wait to meet new friends on the ship. Only 42 days!!!!

WDW: Sept 2011
DCL: Magic 2/9/13-2/15/13
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #284
sunsetteres
Earning My Ears

Just found this forum... my wife and I along with our 11 year old son are booked on this cruise - it's our first cruise and we are pumped!
sunsetteres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #285
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetteres View Post
Just found this forum... my wife and I along with our 11 year old son are booked on this cruise - it's our first cruise and we are pumped!
Welcome aboard - everyone is getting really excited. I also have an 11 year old - daughter though but still same age. It is also our first cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: