Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #241
Minnie321
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 661

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyfanTX View Post
Hello fellow sailors! Thought you might like this info too...

I called Disney Cruise line to inquire about which nights were formal, semi-formal and pirate and what was the required attire. Here is what I was told:


Sunday – formal night – Guys - khaki's/slacks and button down shirt is fine. Tie/jacket/suit not required. Ladies - sundress is fine or whatever you like if you would like to get more dressed up. Everyone - No jeans/shorts/sneakers/bathing suits.

Tuesday - Pirate night - dress like a pirate if you like to whatever degree you like ...ARRRGGG

Wednesday – semi-formal night – dress same as formal but polo's ok for guys.

Disney representative said they are not strict on dress except for the no jeans on formal night and no shorts/swimsuits on all nights. The special nights are more for the guests to have the opportunity to dress up if they like.

Merry Christmas and can't wait to meet y'all in February.
:yay

Thanks for the info. I had found out what was on what day, but had not really asked about dress. Maybe I won't bring my sons spot coat.
__________________
Too Many Disney World Trips to Count!!
Disney Magic - February 9-15, 2013


Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #242
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
:yay

Thanks for the info. I had found out what was on what day, but had not really asked about dress. Maybe I won't bring my sons spot coat.
We will be FORMAL. My DH wears a suit for formal and semi. I have seen people so under-dressed and I think it looks awful..... I have seen jeans in the dining rooms and think I would never dress like that at a restaurant at home!!!! I guess to each there own. Actually this cruise is the most casual we have packed...I have 2 nights with girls in capri's That is not us but my DD's have these cute Hollister strapless tops and it was the cutest with it. That is my casual which is some people's dressy--- some people casual is no right ridiculous. Ok enough on that....lol

So I am so excited ...we are getting so close....one major thing which hopefully happens about 30 days out....MICKEY MAIL So excited!!
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #243
alliesmommy
Just the two of us
 
alliesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eustace, TX
Posts: 381

Who will be Pin Trading?
We trade when Allie is willing. It's hit or miss.

Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport?
We are driving from Tyler, TX on Friday and staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Galveston. Anyone that is coming in on Friday, do ya'll want to do a meet at the Pleasure Pier Friday night?

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are doing the Turtle Farm on Grand Cayman and are considering the dolphin swim at Chankanaab.

Favorite thing to do on DCL?
This is our first DCL cruise. Looking forward to some new experiences.
__________________
alliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #244
whitfive
Mouseketeer
 
whitfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Posts: 278

We won't be going formal. We will dress up, hubby in coat and tie, boys (17 & 12) probably in ties, daughter (16) & myself in dresses...but that is it. AND.. that is only to try and get a decent family photo!
We cruised with friends this past June and their guys each wore a tux and my friend Tracey wore a long gown. We had our ressies linked and we didn't feel out of place dressed as we were, eating with them.
We have seen people go all out and then people who dress "every day"...even on formal night. There is alot of debate on this subject. I don't own a formal dress and won't buy one just for one night on a cruise (especially since my group would probably immediately change after dinner! ), however, it is nice to see the range of "fancy".........
btw....I promise we won't be one of "those" people and show up in running shorts and tennis shoes! lol!
__________________
Michelle

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #245
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Ok so I have a request to join the FE page from a Lois---I need to know who that is before I approve them for Facebook...anyone know??

Nevermind I looked at the profile and figured it must be Mollie Mooster since ur DD is Mollie.....LOL I approved ya. Don't forget to do the FE sign up questionaire. Only 9 days till Christmas and we are closing the FE lsiting!
Yes, it's me! I filled out the questionnaire. After researching FE, we decided not participate in the FE Group. A lot going on over here with sick, elderly parents in and out of the hospital. I'd hate to commit to it and not be able to follow through. I hope we can stay connected to discuss the cruise and activities even though we aren't participating. I would like to meet everyone if there is a meet and greet. Looks like there are a lot of children Mollie's age.
Mollie Mooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #246
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
There is someone else on our cruise from Lafayette and we are pretty close to you guys in Houma!
Cool! It will be strange to miss Mardi Gras, but I'm sure this will be much better. LOL.
Mollie Mooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #247
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Who will be Pin Trading?
We trade when Allie is willing. It's hit or miss.

Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport?
We are driving from Tyler, TX on Friday and staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Galveston. Anyone that is coming in on Friday, do ya'll want to do a meet at the Pleasure Pier Friday night?
We are now staying at the Holiday in Sunspree, I think your idea about Friday is a good idea!! We can talk details closer to mid Jan maybe??
What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are doing the Turtle Farm on Grand Cayman and are considering the dolphin swim at Chankanaab.
We are definately doing Dolphin since I already bought it.. Turtle farm is a possibility here too but on our own for sure plus if my nephew has time off we wanna spend it with him off the ship that day.
Favorite thing to do on DCL?
This is our first DCL cruise. Looking forward to some new experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
We won't be going formal. We will dress up, hubby in coat and tie, boys (17 & 12) probably in ties, daughter (16) & myself in dresses...but that is it. AND.. that is only to try and get a decent family photo!
We cruised with friends this past June and their guys each wore a tux and my friend Tracey wore a long gown. We had our ressies linked and we didn't feel out of place dressed as we were, eating with them.
We have seen people go all out and then people who dress "every day"...even on formal night. There is alot of debate on this subject. I don't own a formal dress and won't buy one just for one night on a cruise (especially since my group would probably immediately change after dinner! ), however, it is nice to see the range of "fancy".........
btw....I promise we won't be one of "those" people and show up in running shorts and tennis shoes! lol!
I am sure you look fabulous. I don't expect people to tux it...just you would not believe what I have seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie Mooster View Post
Yes, it's me! I filled out the questionnaire. After researching FE, we decided not participate in the FE Group. A lot going on over here with sick, elderly parents in and out of the hospital. I'd hate to commit to it and not be able to follow through. I hope we can stay connected to discuss the cruise and activities even though we aren't participating. I would like to meet everyone if there is a meet and greet. Looks like there are a lot of children Mollie's age.
Oh Lois, we still would wanna chat and meet, doing the FE is not a requirement for being in this fun crew!!!
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #248
ginger3son
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43

Hello All,
We are so excited to be sailing with you guys in Feb. Even though my signature name is ginger3son I am actually ginger4son! All of our boys will be sailing with us, they are 9,6,5, and 19mn. We have sailed with Disney twice in the past but this will be the first time with the whole family. Thankfully, we are bringing a sitter with us to help out. I have requested to join the Facebook group but figured y'all wanted to know a little bit about us first!
Ginger
ginger3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #249
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 39

Oh Lois, we still would wanna chat and meet, doing the FE is not a requirement for being in this fun crew!!![/QUOTE]

Yay! Our original plan was to drive in Saturday, but we decided this morning to go in on Friday night. Looking for hotel with free parking during the cruise and a free shuttle to the port at a decent price. Anybody have any luck with that? Everything I've found is so expensive!
Mollie Mooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #250
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger3son
Hello All,
We are so excited to be sailing with you guys in Feb. Even though my signature name is ginger3son I am actually ginger4son! All of our boys will be sailing with us, they are 9,6,5, and 19mn. We have sailed with Disney twice in the past but this will be the first time with the whole family. Thankfully, we are bringing a sitter with us to help out. I have requested to join the Facebook group but figured y'all wanted to know a little bit about us first!
Ginger
I will have ya added to the Facebook page! Welcome aboard!!! If you are interested in the FE , make sure you sign up for it as the cut off date is Christmas. link to sign up form is in the first post. My friends son will be so excited there are more boys....he really wants a buddy since our girls have each other.
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #251
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie Mooster
Oh Lois, we still would wanna chat and meet, doing the FE is not a requirement for being in this fun crew!!!
Yay! Our original plan was to drive in Saturday, but we decided this morning to go in on Friday night. Looking for hotel with free parking during the cruise and a free shuttle to the port at a decent price. Anybody have any luck with that? Everything I've found is so expensive![/QUOTE]

Most hotels we researched charged for shuttle. About $20 a room. I think it is easier to park at one of the port parking places and then you don't have to pay for shuttle each way. I think we are renting the car for the week and parking at the port. Enterprise was just so expensive and I can rent a car for same price for the whole week as they charged for 3 days
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #252
owigotprcd
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30

Hi! I've signed my family up for this cruise. It's been killer because I'm surprising them with it as an xmas gift. My wife doesn't even know. I've completed the form to register us to be part of the Fish Extender crew. This will be our first time on a Disney Cruise and our girl's first time on a cruise ship. I'm very excited! I'm stuffing my enthusiasm by researching this fish extender stuff. If there is anything more I should do other than filling out the form and letting you know we're "in" please let me know. I'm not able to spend as much time here as I'd like due to trying to keep it a secret. After xmas is over and the cats out of the bag, I'm sure my wife will take this over and be the Disney Cruise / Fish Extender pro. Thanks! Trey

Last edited by owigotprcd; 12-20-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: *edited for English :)
owigotprcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #253
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by owigotprcd View Post
Hi! I've signed my family up for this cruise. It's been killer because I'm surprising them with it as an xmas gift. My wife doesn't even know. I've completed the form to register us to be part of the Fish Extender crew. This will be our first time on a Disney Cruise and our girl's first time on a cruise ship. I'm very excited! I'm stuffing my enthusiasm by researching this fish extender stuff. If there is anything more I should do other than filling out the form and letting you know we're "in" please let me know. I'm not able to spend as much time here as I'd like due to trying to keep it a secret. After xmas is over and the cats out of the bag, I'm sure my wife will take this over and be the Disney Cruise / Fish Extender pro. Thanks! Trey
Welcome aboard Trey!!! So excited for you. A surprise Disney cruise is always awesome!
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #254
whitfive
Mouseketeer
 
whitfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Posts: 278

YAY!! Our group is growing!

Only a few more days for FE sign up...I can't wait !

My daughter's 16th Birthday is TOMORROW and then Christmas... I am so excited to have something else to plan/look forward to after the holiday!

Have a great weekend everyone!
__________________
Michelle

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #255
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by owigotprcd
Hi! I've signed my family up for this cruise. It's been killer because I'm surprising them with it as an xmas gift. My wife doesn't even know. I've completed the form to register us to be part of the Fish Extender crew. This will be our first time on a Disney Cruise and our girl's first time on a cruise ship. I'm very excited! I'm stuffing my enthusiasm by researching this fish extender stuff. If there is anything more I should do other than filling out the form and letting you know we're "in" please let me know. I'm not able to spend as much time here as I'd like due to trying to keep it a secret. After xmas is over and the cats out of the bag, I'm sure my wife will take this over and be the Disney Cruise / Fish Extender pro. Thanks! Trey
Trey I saw you filled out the questionnaire....no cabin number??? If you ate doing the FE you have to give that...do you not know it yet???
__________________
Michelle

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.