Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #226
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Ok let's just get to know each other with a few questions.

Who will be Pin Trading?
My kids will bring some, but sometimes get caught up in the day and forget about them,
Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport? Maybe some of us will run into each other. I am a bit nervous taking the last flight friday night and my connection is Midway(Chicago) Oh man I hope I don't get snowed in!!!
I fly in houston hobby around 10pm

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are doing Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel on our own not through Disney. I got a 50% black friday deal and saved over $200 from what I would have paid through Disney. We were looking at Stingrays again much cheaper on our own but girls are a little afraid of them.
Favorite thing to do on DCL?
Well I love Tea with Alice, Princess, Wendy whoever...we have done all 3. This is a tradition I do with my girls no matter how old they get, so I hope it is still onboard our cruise.

Ok next think of some questions!!
[/QUOTE]

Hello!
I have pins, but have never traded... I'm going to bring them and see how it goes.
We will be driving and staying at the LaQuinta in Galveston Friday night. As for excursions, I don't think we're going to be doing any. I think we're going to just enjoy looking around and the beach. My kids have never been to the beach and judging from how much they love their sand box, I think that will entertain them plenty.

This will be our first family cruise and it's going to be a surprise for the kids, so everything will be their favorite as they discover it, I'm sure. My dh and I took one almost 2 years ago alone, so it was just the alone-ness (not really I word I know) that we loved about the cruise. I did enjoy the spa and hubby liked the veranda. We did enjoy the shows in the clubs, there was a funny act that we actually saw twice (on the Wonder). Just going to play it by ear and see what grabs the kids attention, which I'm thinking will mostly be the pool and kids club.

Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :

Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #227
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyfanTX View Post
Where do you find out the cruise schedule? Like when Pirate Night is? Is there a semi-formal night etc?
Pirate night I believe is tues and Semi formal thurs

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #228
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

According to what Disney told me the formal night is on Sunday Feb 10; Pirate night is on Tuesday Feb 12; and semi-formal night is on Wednesday Feb 13.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #229
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321
According to what Disney told me the formal night is on Sunday Feb 10; Pirate night is on Tuesday Feb 12; and semi-formal night is on Wednesday Feb 13.
Ok...last time I asked I heard everything you have but semi being thurs.... Maybe that has changed. I will tell you in my past cruises pirate night and semi were broken by a casual night....maybe that has changed.

Tracy cone join us chatting on fb too

Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #230
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Ok let's just get to know each other with a few questions.

Who will be Pin Trading?
We do not participate in pin trading

Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport? Maybe some of us will run into each other. I am a bit nervous taking the last flight friday night and my connection is Midway(Chicago) Oh man I hope I don't get snowed in!!!
We are flying into Bush on Friday the 8th. We land arounf 8:30 p.m. and we are renting a car and driving to Galveston. We are staying at Comfort Suites and we are parking at the Port. We paid $55.00 in advance for the 6 nights.

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are going to do Paradise Island on our own in Conzumel and we are renting a jeep and hitting our favorite spots on Grand Cayman on our own. (Rum point/Tortuga Rum factory and Guy Harvey store for sure!)

Favorite thing to do on DCL?
I enjoyed taking the mixology class on our last cruise, I like the loungers on deck 4, I like using the spa showers on occasion (They have BIG showers and toiletries and fluffy robes ) and I like to see a movie in the Buena Vista Theater when I can.

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #231
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

We are driving to Webster on Feb 8 and spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express. I booked a room for us this morning. Just could not justify paying the rates they were asking for in Galveston. We will drive Galveston in the morning but I still haven't booked parking. I keep going back and forth about where I want to park .

Hard to believe it is just about 60 days away!
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #232
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
We are driving to Webster on Feb 8 and spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express. I booked a room for us this morning. Just could not justify paying the rates they were asking for in Galveston. We will drive Galveston in the morning but I still haven't booked parking. I keep going back and forth about where I want to park .

Hard to believe it is just about 60 days away!
I think we are staying at the Holiday Inn Beach in Galveston Friday night. We have decided to switch our flight for Friday. Orginally we were on the last flight out of Cleveland and the last out of Chicago. Seeing as both their weathers are so unpredictable in Feb, we are taking a flight that just lands and picks up, no plane change for us..in St. Louis and we will be there thurs at 1pm. excited for the less travel time and just to get there and relax!!

Well off to change flights. Amy and Kelly come over to our FB page and chat!!!Also AMY, --Sandy has a little boy your DS's age and she is hoping to chat a little before the cruise. Are you by chance coming into Galveston before the cruise? Her DS is feeling left out because our girls have each other and he needs a bud. Well let me know or come to FB and chat there...maybe they could be buds!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 12-10-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #233
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears

We recently booked for this week. It will be DH, DD-5 and myself. So excited. It's our first Disney Cruise. We are in Cabin 6631. What is an FE Group? Thanks!
Mollie Mooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #234
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears

Oops! Double post.

Last edited by Mollie Mooster; 12-16-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #235
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie Mooster View Post
We recently booked for this week. It will be DH, DD-5 and myself. So excited. It's our first Disney Cruise. We are in Cabin 6631. What is an FE Group? Thanks!
Welcome aboard - a FE is a pocket thing you hang on a fish hook outside of your door, then you sign up for the fish extender group for your cruise then you leave small gifts for the others in your FE group. If you go to the cruise forum and look in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page there is some more info. If you do decide to join the group for the FE go to the first post - click on the link - and fill out the form. Just do it before Christmas as that is the last day to join. 56 days to go - so exciting! Is this your first cruise?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #236
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Welcome aboard - a FE is a pocket thing you hang on a fish hook outside of your door, then you sign up for the fish extender group for your cruise then you leave small gifts for the others in your FE group. If you go to the cruise forum and look in the FAQ sticky at the top of the page there is some more info. If you do decide to join the group for the FE go to the first post - click on the link - and fill out the form. Just do it before Christmas as that is the last day to join. 56 days to go - so exciting! Is this your first cruise?
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. My DH and I have been on Carnival twice. This will be DD's first cruise. She loves Disneyworld, so I'm hoping she will enjoy the cruise.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #237
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Welcome aboard!!! Only a few more days to join the FE, so make sure you join. Also we have a facebook page, come over and join us there. There is a link a few pages back. It's called Mardi Gras Mickey's Feb 9, 2012

Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #238
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Ok so I have a request to join the FE page from a Lois---I need to know who that is before I approve them for Facebook...anyone know??

Nevermind I looked at the profile and figured it must be Mollie Mooster since ur DD is Mollie.....LOL I approved ya. Don't forget to do the FE sign up questionaire. Only 9 days till Christmas and we are closing the FE lsiting!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 12-16-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #239
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is someone else on our cruise from Lafayette and we are pretty close to you guys in Houma!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #240
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

Formal/semi/Pirate schedule per DCL

Hello fellow sailors! Thought you might like this info too...

I called Disney Cruise line to inquire about which nights were formal, semi-formal and pirate and what was the required attire. Here is what I was told:

Sunday – formal night – Guys - khaki's/slacks and button down shirt is fine. Tie/jacket/suit not required. Ladies - sundress is fine or whatever you like if you would like to get more dressed up. Everyone - No jeans/shorts/sneakers/bathing suits.

Tuesday - Pirate night - dress like a pirate if you like to whatever degree you like ...ARRRGGG

Wednesday – semi-formal night – dress same as formal but polo's ok for guys.

Disney representative said they are not strict on dress except for the no jeans on formal night and no shorts/swimsuits on all nights. The special nights are more for the guests to have the opportunity to dress up if they like.

Merry Christmas and can't wait to meet y'all in February.

Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :

Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: