Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #211
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
I also wonder how full the cruise is also - I don't think I needed to get up in the middle of the night to do the online check-in I think everyone is probably getting 11:00 check in. Oh well I felt better about doing it!
Well that is cool, maybe we can all meet at the port and introduce any kids close to the same age...kinda nice for them knowing kids when they go into the clubs!!!

We are still trying to decide on shuttle, rental car, etc. Enterprise is too much $150 for the return on the 15th. I mean seriously I can get a car on priceline for close to that I am sure. $50 to park at a parking area for the week. It just seems like a pain to go with them...Would love to stay in Galveston but we are staying in Houston at this point and driving in. Man whenever I cruise Disney out of anywhere but Port Canaveral I hate the ports. PC is so awesome , convienent and easy!!! Can anyone offer some ideas? And the Disney Bus is out cause I wanna get there early and board as early as possible cause my nephew is on the boat! So excited to see him!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #212
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Well that is cool, maybe we can all meet at the port and introduce any kids close to the same age...kinda nice for them knowing kids when they go into the clubs!!!

We are still trying to decide on shuttle, rental car, etc. Enterprise is too much $150 for the return on the 15th. I mean seriously I can get a car on priceline for close to that I am sure. $50 to park at a parking area for the week. It just seems like a pain to go with them...Would love to stay in Galveston but we are staying in Houston at this point and driving in. Man whenever I cruise Disney out of anywhere but Port Canaveral I hate the ports. PC is so awesome , convienent and easy!!! Can anyone offer some ideas? And the Disney Bus is out cause I wanna get there early and board as early as possible cause my nephew is on the boat! So excited to see him!
We are driving so I don't know anything about renting cars. We are staying in Texas City which is about 20 min from Galveston. I really did want to stay in Galveston, but it was almost double the price for a room in Galveston then just staying a few minutes away. We also have not decided on parking yet - I need to research that. I know there is a thread with things about Galveston and there is info on different parking lots. Meeting at the port would be a good idea because there really are alot of kids around the same age, and it might help my daughter decide on which club before we got on the ship. She was orignally all about the Edge, but then we read activities from a navigator and she was like ok they play alot of video games which she does not like - so now she is leaning toward the lab. But then we found out that a friend of hers from school is going on the same cruise and she is a year older than my daughter so she can only do the Edge - so now we are back to the Edge for the moment. She so cannot make up her mind!!! Then some days she says she doesn't want to go to the clubs - but I will make her sign up for one and at least try it - she might love it!

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #213
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

Minnie321... update please if you can :)

I guess I need to post more cause I still can't send private messages...

Minnie321... could you when you have a chance update our dining time... we got moved to Main Seating...

Thanks and I'll try to post more soon... got the fabric for my FE and some goodies to start dividing up for the FE's! Hopefully I'll get it done in the next week or so... have to put new floors in this weekend so maybe Monday or Tuesday...will post pics when done!

Next Trip: February 2013 on DCL Magic from Galveston - first family cruise! :

Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
DisneyfanTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #214
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyfanTX View Post

Minnie321... could you when you have a chance update our dining time... we got moved to Main Seating...

Thanks and I'll try to post more soon... got the fabric for my FE and some goodies to start dividing up for the FE's! Hopefully I'll get it done in the next week or so... have to put new floors in this weekend so maybe Monday or Tuesday...will post pics when done!
Just keep on chatting!!!

I got some fabric for some of my FE's. I think I am using it on the little girls gifts. I got the adult gifts done!! Although the longer it goes the more I think about making....
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #215
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wil certainly update it for you - but I will have to do it in the morning - can't do it from my iPad.
I have not really had time to work on FE gifts this weekend - brought home too much work - maybe next weekend, but honestly I guess I should start Christmas shopping sometime soon!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #216
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I updated your dining.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #217
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was curious - did you choose to move to main dining or did Disney move you to main dining. I was reading one of the threads and they said the ship was so empty that they did not do the second dining - everyone went to the first dining - I was wondering if that was the case here.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #218
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Well an empty boat will be nice. Everything to the Mardi Gras Mickey's

How is everyone doing this week. This weekend was horrible for us. Both girls had the stomach flu. I was up to my ears in emptying puke buckets. I don't want to rush the holidays but after the FE list is "final" I can start packaging by stateroom and finishing off the things I have to make. If a family or 2 comes in I will add them to my FE list....don't wanna leave them out of the Magic! After Christmas which is the cut off that will be everyone's discretion(sp) if they can add people. I have alot done already but kids under 12 or so I have things I still need to make. I was messing around with fabric and came up with something else that I just "NEEDED" to make I love FE's. Well off to take DD #2 to school. cross ur fingers I am done with stomach flu for at least 6 mos. Have a great day all. And where are ya all...GET CHATTIN!!!!

Ok let's just get to know each other with a few questions.

Who will be Pin Trading?

Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport? Maybe some of us will run into each other. I am a bit nervous taking the last flight friday night and my connection is Midway(Chicago) Oh man I hope I don't get snowed in!!!

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?

Favorite thing to do on DCL?

Ok next think of some questions!!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #219
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear you guys had the flu -yuck! It must be going around all over the country -last week I had three kids throw up right in front of my office -by the third one I was starting to take it personally!! Last night my son came in my room saying he felt sick and I thought oh no here we go, but he was fine this morning. And last week my daughter made sure to tell me in graphic detail about how her friend threw up all over her desk and my daughters desk, but I never worried about her getting sick -after all she is 11 and has only been sick about twice in her life -yes she lives for perfect attendance! Which is causing a problem because I want to check her out when we leave for the cruise!

Ok questions:
We are driving in on Friday to Texas city. Hoping to be there by 5pm.
The only excursion we are doing is the island tour and stingray swim in grand cayman.
I can't wait to see what my favorite thing to do is, I will have to answer that after since this is my first cruise!
Oh and pin trading -yes we have pins and hopefully won't forget them -i forgot my daughters on our last Disney trip.

Oh I have a question - is everyone dressing up for pirate night?? We are wearing Guy Harvey pirate shirts.

For those of you that have already cruised -what are some of you favorite foods on the cruise??

Last edited by Minnie321; 12-05-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #220
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Ok let's just get to know each other with a few questions.

Who will be Pin Trading?
My kids will bring some, but sometimes get caught up in the day and forget about them,
Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport? Maybe some of us will run into each other. I am a bit nervous taking the last flight friday night and my connection is Midway(Chicago) Oh man I hope I don't get snowed in!!!
I fly in houston hobby around 10pm

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are doing Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel on our own not through Disney. I got a 50% black friday deal and saved over $200 from what I would have paid through Disney. We were looking at Stingrays again much cheaper on our own but girls are a little afraid of them.
Favorite thing to do on DCL?
Well I love Tea with Alice, Princess, Wendy whoever...we have done all 3. This is a tradition I do with my girls no matter how old they get, so I hope it is still onboard our cruise.

Ok next think of some questions!![/QUOTE]
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #221
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Ok questions:
We are driving in on Friday to Texas city. Hoping to be there by 5pm.
The only excursion we are doing is the island tour and stingray swim in grand cayman.
I can't wait to see what my favorite thing to do is, I will have to answer that after since this is my first cruise!
Oh and pin trading -yes we have pins and hopefully won't forget them -i forgot my daughters on our last Disney trip.

Oh I have a question - is everyone dressing up for pirate night?? We are wearing Guy Harvey pirate shirts.

For those of you that have already cruised -what are some of you favorite foods on the cruise??
for pirate night the girls are wearing blk jeans with tall blk boots, adorable Hollister red and white striped fashion tops, bandanas , eye patches, etc. I will wear something similar I think and DH has a red polo with skulls all over it with his blk casual pants. They have went full fledge pirate costumes but this yr as they get older I thought I would put it together using stuff I knew they would wear again.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #222
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Ok since it seems awful quiet here, maybe having a facebook page will help everyone chat more. I have created a facebook page link-------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/302836943149985/

if you click on it, asked to be added then I can add you and let the chatter begin. It is a closed page so only those approved can chat, also if you join know that unless u friend the rest of us your FB is still private. We won't be able to see ur page just what u post on this private group I created. Let's all join and take these last 65 days and get excited about our trip!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #223
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Ok since it seems awful quiet here, maybe having a facebook page will help everyone chat more. I have created a facebook page link-------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/302836943149985/

if you click on it, asked to be added then I can add you and let the chatter begin. It is a closed page so only those approved can chat, also if you join know that unless u friend the rest of us your FB is still private. We won't be able to see ur page just what u post on this private group I created. Let's all join and take these last 65 days and get excited about our trip!!!!
LOVE this idea!! My cruise group from June was chatting up a storm on Facebook tonight about the 2014 opening day prices. We were trying to get several of us to cruise together again.
See you over there!

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #224
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I was curious - did you choose to move to main dining or did Disney move you to main dining. I was reading one of the threads and they said the ship was so empty that they did not do the second dining - everyone went to the first dining - I was wondering if that was the case here.
We did ask to be moved or put on the wait list, so I'm not sure if it was because of our request or they eliminated the second seating...either way...

Previous Disney Trips: 1975 & 1978 WDW while visiting Nana & GP, 1989 WDW Senior Class Trip, 1997 DL New Year's Eve Party, 2004 DL & CA, October 2008 1st family trip to WDW, Sept/Oct. 2009 Family trip to WDW with Grammykins; May 2011 Disney Dream just Hubby and I
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #225
DisneyfanTX
Earning My Ears

cruise schedule

Where do you find out the cruise schedule? Like when Pirate Night is? Is there a semi-formal night etc?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: