Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #151
3cutestitches
Earning My Ears

BIG HUGS to you guys Alliesmommy
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #152
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cutestitches View Post
Hello everyone! This is our first cruise!! We are soooo excited! My family growing up use to do WDW every spring break. I LOVE DISNEY. My husband has only been there a couple times on school trips. We have NEVER been on any cruise before and none of our kids have been to disney yet. We are from ohio, but my husband is in the Navy so we are stationed in Louisiana for now. We are huge disney fans!! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is Dec. 21st, we had hidden mickeys/beauty and the beast symbols for our wedding. Some of our friends even asked where was the "disney" part of our wedding since our invites were disney. Haha, hidden mickeys, the rose in glass, they didnt know until we pointed some things out. Our DCL/WDW honeymoon was cancelled due to family issues. We still had a great honeymoon!! SO, we have been saving "pennies" for our 10 year knowing that we wanted to do disney with the kids. When we saw that we only live about 5 hours from galvenston and with the kids off the week of Mardi Gras, it was a no brainer! THEN, when got the email from our TA weeks ago. WOOHOO!! saved $1900! We are taking the extra money to splurge on the spa/excursions/shopping/etc.. SOOO EXCITED!!! I have sooo much more research to do also. I have signed up for the FE group already too. It sounds like fun!! I also got my binder started for all the research I been doing! We are REALLY afraid that this cruise, we will be hooked!! LOL
Welcome aboard - this is our first Disney Cruise also and we are also so super excited!! We are also from Louisiana - from the Houma area. About an hour south of New Orleans. Did you click on the link and fill out the form in the first thread - if so I will add your fish extender info to the first thread. The FE is the addicting thing for us right now - every weekend making stuff - it is so much fun!! I finally had to tell my mom to stop finding stuff - she kept coming home with things and saying - you can make something cute out of this! I told her we have enough now!

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #153
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Ok - FE info is updated in the first thread.
If you did not fill out the form at the link in the first thread please do so I can add your details to the list.
Thanks!
Hope everyone had a great weekend - I did FE stuff all weekend - so that makes it fun!!
My mom and I made my FE this weekend - looks just like hers that I posted the picture of except I have three pockets.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #154
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Hello everyone! This is our first cruise!! We are soooo excited! My family growing up use to do WDW every spring break. I LOVE DISNEY. My husband has only been there a couple times on school trips. We have NEVER been on any cruise before and none of our kids have been to disney yet. We are from ohio, but my husband is in the Navy so we are stationed in Louisiana for now. We are huge disney fans!! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is Dec. 21st, we had hidden mickeys/beauty and the beast symbols for our wedding. Some of our friends even asked where was the "disney" part of our wedding since our invites were disney. Haha, hidden mickeys, the rose in glass, they didnt know until we pointed some things out. Our DCL/WDW honeymoon was cancelled due to family issues. We still had a great honeymoon!! SO, we have been saving "pennies" for our 10 year knowing that we wanted to do disney with the kids. When we saw that we only live about 5 hours from galvenston and with the kids off the week of Mardi Gras, it was a no brainer! THEN, when got the email from our TA weeks ago. WOOHOO!! saved $1900! We are taking the extra money to splurge on the spa/excursions/shopping/etc.. SOOO EXCITED!!! I have sooo much more research to do also. I have signed up for the FE group already too. It sounds like fun!! I also got my binder started for all the research I been doing! We are REALLY afraid that this cruise, we will be hooked!! LOL
Welcome! This will be our first cruise as well! We are total Disney freaks and try to go to WDW every year. So excited about something new to try!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #155
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
BIG HUGS to you guys Alliesmommy
Thank you!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #156
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

FE gifts?

Are ya'll planning on giving gifts on each day or just once? I'm leaning towards preparing a big gift bag and delivering on the first night of the cruise.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #157
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Has anyone decided on excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?? I am having a very hard time deciding especially since we are in Cozumel for such a short amount of time. I can start booking in a few days and have no clue what we want to do
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #158
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
Has anyone decided on excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?? I am having a very hard time deciding especially since we are in Cozumel for such a short amount of time. I can start booking in a few days and have no clue what we want to do
We are doing Cayman Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman. I would really like to do Stingray City, but my DD would totally freak out if asked to get in the water with stingrays.

As for Cozumel, we are hitting up Chankanaab for a while to get some beach time.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #159
whitfive
Mouseketeer

I'm going to jump in and answer a few questions at once.......

We are doing one main gift per cabin and probably a gift per child (unless I plan to put it all in one big bag...we will see) and deliver once. It probably will be on day two or three since they are both sea days.

In Grand Cayman we are planning to either rent a jeep or take a bus to Rum Point (a family favorite) then hit a few other favorite stops on the way back to the ship. We have to stop by Chicken Chicken! and the Guy Harvey Store.

I have been researching the beach options in Conzumel and for our family of 5 (kids are 17,16,11) I think I have decided on doing Paradise Beach on our own. It is much less $ than the Playa Mia option DCL is offering and there seems to be plenty to do for everyone. We were thinking of the Fury Catamaran but DD does not snorkel and I have heard it can be choatic in the water.

Is anyone planning on doing Palo brunch or dinner?

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #160
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
Is anyone planning on doing Palo brunch or dinner?

We are planning a dinner, just not sure which night yet.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #161
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

I have FE gifts for everyday, but some are just small things. I am doing two big gifts, and really I am making two big gifts because I am making everything for both myself and my mom and dad so that is why I have more because we are giving from two cabins. But really like one day is just valentines candy because that was a request from my daughter -her own idea so I could not tell her no. And if my mom doesn't stop finding things and bringing them home and telling me to make something cute out of them I will end up with multiple things on each day. But I have to admit she has made some great finds and I have turned them into really cute things!

In grand cayman we are doing the sting ray thing -we haven't decided if we are doing the one with the tour and beach or just the sting rays. We are just hoping for decent weather as none of us like cold water and not to mention my mom turns blue when she gets really cold! In Cozumel we are just going to go on our own -I hope I have heard right that there is a lot right by the port.

I am personally not going to Palo, but I am going to try and get lunch for my parents on valentines day (like that will be available -but I will try!). If I can't get valentines day I will try for another day.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #162
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Where is the Guy Harvey store? Is that near the port -my son would love that!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #163
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321
Where is the Guy Harvey store? Is that near the port -my son would love that!
The Guy Harvey store is in downtown Geotgetown. It is pretty visible, near Margaritaville. It is pretty big. We bought travel coffee mugs there on our trip in 2009 that we loved! DH left his on the car bumper, it fell off, I didn't see it when I backed out if the driveway and I ran over it!!!!! Hence the reason for the return visit! LOL!

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #164
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

I am going to try to book Palo Brunch and Dinner for DH and I. I just haven't decided which day for each. I'd really like brunch on Valentine's day but that may be really hard to get.

We have been studying Disney's excursion options. Since none of us have ever been to either island we are really leaning toward booking everything through Disney. I know the prices are higher but since we got the kids sail free offer it doesn't bother me to pay more. DD really wanted the ATV Jungle and Beach Break but because both girls are only 15 they can't drive the ATVs even though they are both very experienced with that at home so... I think in Grand Cayman we are going to do the Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm and in Cozumel DD really wants to do the Segway and Beach Combo but the rest of us aren't too thrilled about that one. The Dune Buggy excursion seems like it would be cool and would allow us to see the whole island. I have heard alot of great things about the Fury Catamaran excursion so that is also being considered and Chankanaab on our own hasn't been completely ruled out yet. I am just so nervous about the short amount of time we have in port.
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib

Last edited by Pocahantas; 12-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #165
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Are ya'll planning on giving gifts on each day or just once? I'm leaning towards preparing a big gift bag and delivering on the first night of the cruise.
I will be giving an adult gift and then the kids get their own. I don't have a special day, I will be the person who wakes at 2am, can't sleep & walks the ship delivering to relax and exhaust me back to sleep. I will try and wait to deliver maybe a few nts in cause I wouldn't want everyone delivering the first day and then no surprises the rest of the cruise. Maybe I will take weds or thurs night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
In one port we will Dolphin swim, probably Cozumel cause I have friends who have done it there and loved it. Grand Cayman we will probably spend it with my nephew(who works onboard). Want to spend sometime with him as long as he has it available. Just depends on his week. So excited to see him. Funny thing is my kids don't know about this cruise, so I haven't a clue he is back onboard a Disney boat!! They will be

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: