Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #136
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Hey all.... Just thought I would share some pictures from our Sept. WDW vacation & graphics I had made for t-shirts for the reveal of the vacation to the kids and some magnets.

Graphic for t-shirt reveal
[/URL]

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #137
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

our yard....our neighbors shed & our trampoline
Wow - I hope you guys are okay - that looks like something that should happen down here - not up there. Well I hope things get back to normal for you guys soon.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #138
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ForTheLoveOfDCL;46591228]Hey all.... Just thought I would share some pictures from our Sept. WDW vacation & graphics I had made for t-shirts for the reveal of the vacation to the kids and some magnets.

I love the shirt - that is a great idea. I wish I had surprised my kids, but there is no way we could have kept quiet for a year! As it is right now my dining room is Cruise central - FE stuff, stuff I have picked up. My son was making fun of me the other day wondering if I was going to start packing clothes now too - little does he know there is a box in there that has some clothes (bathing suits and towels that I bought that they will get for christmas).
The last picture from your trip is my favorite! That was so cute!
I am going to post a picture of the FE my mom and I made this weekend - took us four long ours, but it was some good mom and daughter time and well I learned a little about sewing. And we probably made it for about $8.00 as opposed to the $35-40 we saw them for on Esty.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #139
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
Just paid our cruise in full!! Now we just need to decide on excursions.
I bet that is a great feeling! I will be paying this week or next - waiting on some incentive money that we are recieving at work!!

I will be in your neck of the woods for the next two days - going to Lafayette for a teacher training. I will probably spend most of the time lost - I haven't spent much time down there! And I also hope I don't regret my decision to drive back and forth to Houma - someone told me it was about an hour and a half.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #140
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Super excited about our FE

Ok here is the FE my mom and I made this weekend. It took us four hours, but was well worth it. This is the one for her room - we are going to make mine this weekend. The only thing we are going to do is add the names above the pockets either with iron on vinyl or have them monogrammed on.

Last edited by Minnie321; 10-31-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Ok did the picture wrong!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #141
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Ok here is the FE my mom and I made this weekend. It took us four hours, but was well worth it. This is the one for her room - we are going to make mine this weekend. The only thing we are going to do is add the names above the pockets either with iron on vinyl or have them monogrammed on.

Very Nice, I like it. I am thinking of making myself a new one for my Xmas cruise next year...something a bit holiday like!! You did a great job

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #142
whitfive
Mouseketeer

My countdown calendar says....

99 Days

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #143
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

our yard....our neighbors shed & our trampoline
Oh my! I'm glad no one was hurt.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #144
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
I love it! Still trying to figure out what I want to do for our fish extender. A friend has been collecting embroidery patterns for us, so I need to decide on which one I want.

I worked on Allie's autograph book tonight. It turned out cute! I will post pictures later.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #145
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

This is completely off topic, but I wanted to share something really cool that happened today.

My DH passed away in July 2011. When he died, I donated what could still be donated of his tissue, tendons, etc (he had already passed before I found him). I was such a wreck when I did the process that I opted not to find out who the receipents were. Well, I just got a letter from UT Southwestern Transplant Services saying that I have received a letter from a donor and to verify that it is ok to forward it to me. Now I'm a puddle. I never thought when we chose to donate that there would be another lasting legacy that Chris would leave behind. I can't wait to get the letter now!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #146
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
This is completely off topic, but I wanted to share something really cool that happened today.

My DH passed away in July 2011. When he died, I donated what could still be donated of his tissue, tendons, etc (he had already passed before I found him). I was such a wreck when I did the process that I opted not to find out who the receipents were. Well, I just got a letter from UT Southwestern Transplant Services saying that I have received a letter from a donor and to verify that it is ok to forward it to me. Now I'm a puddle. I never thought when we chose to donate that there would be another lasting legacy that Chris would leave behind. I can't wait to get the letter now!
Oh that is really nice. I am sure that was a really terrible time for you. My son got his learners permit the other day and they asked him if he wanted to be an organ doner - I answered yes for him and the lady moved on - later he asked me what that meant and when I told him he said he was glad I said yes.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #147
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Oh we are in double digits!! 99 days!!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #148
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post

What a lovely thing. I mean not only did your DH do something for someone else but now you get a reminder of him in the letter. I find it wonderful that this person wanted to send something to you. May God hold your heart as you have moments of joy and sadness while reading this letter.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #149
3cutestitches
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! This is our first cruise!! We are soooo excited! My family growing up use to do WDW every spring break. I LOVE DISNEY. My husband has only been there a couple times on school trips. We have NEVER been on any cruise before and none of our kids have been to disney yet. We are from ohio, but my husband is in the Navy so we are stationed in Louisiana for now. We are huge disney fans!! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is Dec. 21st, we had hidden mickeys/beauty and the beast symbols for our wedding. Some of our friends even asked where was the "disney" part of our wedding since our invites were disney. Haha, hidden mickeys, the rose in glass, they didnt know until we pointed some things out. Our DCL/WDW honeymoon was cancelled due to family issues. We still had a great honeymoon!! SO, we have been saving "pennies" for our 10 year knowing that we wanted to do disney with the kids. When we saw that we only live about 5 hours from galvenston and with the kids off the week of Mardi Gras, it was a no brainer! THEN, when got the email from our TA weeks ago. WOOHOO!! saved $1900! We are taking the extra money to splurge on the spa/excursions/shopping/etc.. SOOO EXCITED!!! I have sooo much more research to do also. I have signed up for the FE group already too. It sounds like fun!! I also got my binder started for all the research I been doing! We are REALLY afraid that this cruise, we will be hooked!! LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #150
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cutestitches
Hello everyone! This is our first cruise!! We are soooo excited! My family growing up use to do WDW every spring break. I LOVE DISNEY. My husband has only been there a couple times on school trips. We have NEVER been on any cruise before and none of our kids have been to disney yet. We are from ohio, but my husband is in the Navy so we are stationed in Louisiana for now. We are huge disney fans!! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is Dec. 21st, we had hidden mickeys/beauty and the beast symbols for our wedding. Some of our friends even asked where was the "disney" part of our wedding since our invites were disney. Haha, hidden mickeys, the rose in glass, they didnt know until we pointed some things out. Our DCL/WDW honeymoon was cancelled due to family issues. We still had a great honeymoon!! SO, we have been saving "pennies" for our 10 year knowing that we wanted to do disney with the kids. When we saw that we only live about 5 hours from galvenston and with the kids off the week of Mardi Gras, it was a no brainer! THEN, when got the email from our TA weeks ago. WOOHOO!! saved $1900! We are taking the extra money to splurge on the spa/excursions/shopping/etc.. SOOO EXCITED!!! I have sooo much more research to do also. I have signed up for the FE group already too. It sounds like fun!! I also got my binder started for all the research I been doing! We are REALLY afraid that this cruise, we will be hooked!! LOL
Welcome aboard. And yes you will. This is number 5 for us. We just sailed in Jan on ksf and now this one and one booked for Dec next year.Its an addiction!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: