Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #121
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Sounds like great first day plans

Hopefully your rooms will be ready with the full balcony!

Yes, start taking about CBC to Brandon, or he may start to think you changed your mind about resorts.....
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #122
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

54 days! It's coming up fast! I love the Royal Rooms too, they're beautiful!
Love the first day plans, particularly that you get there so early! Lucky. Can't wait to hear how the resort surprise goes!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #123
MEK
DIS Veteran

Checked out your plans before I entered the no picture zone. That fountain picture and Illumination picture are so awesome!!!!!!!

I also think those Royal Rooms are great, but I have noticed when I went on the passholder site that there are so many different levels of mod rooms right now. It is starting to get confusing.

Sounds like a great day in Epcot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #124
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Royal Rooms look so cool! I love the fireworks headboards!

Your first day plans sound great!!! Hopefully you guys get a full balcony, that would be so nice!

Even though you won't be entering past the fountain, I still think it's worth a visit!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #125
amazingact21
Upendi

Nice first day plans. Beaches and Cream is so good...we're eating there, but only because the desserts are amazing!

I can't wait to see how the Beach Club secret goes!

And being so close to Epcot and DHS, I'd say try and take the ME, just because you'll probably not use the rental car as much as you normally would. But, I can see how by trying to convince Brandon not to get the car, he might get suspicious of the resort. A catch-22!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #126
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love the new royal rooms. I am thinking of staying there for whatever year I make it down in Feb. I love the headboards. Although I do think the AB rooms are pretty cute too. I don't really like the other mansion rooms though.

When are you finally just going to book the deluxe dining plan? I think you guys would LOVE it.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #127
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

The first day plans look great!

I can't wait to hear his reaction when you finally surprise him with the BC!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #128
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

54 days! WOW....that will be here so quickly!
Day one sounds great so far!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #129
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great ideas for your first day. I love that you have a little flexibility.

If there is any chance you can pass on the rental car, I would suggest it...

The Magical Express is pretty cool. Disney Movie to get you excited on the way in. Driving under the arch (which you do in the car, too). Not schlepping your luggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as for park transportation... you walk to EPCOT and walk/boat to HS. For MK, it is actually better to take the bus than a car. A car brings you right to the MK main entrance, but if you drive you have to park at TTC and take the monorail or ferry. You can hop from MK to EP on the monorail, and not have to worry about getting back to pick up your car. Just head right back to the BC.

The only places the car is an advantage is for AK (slight, not great advantage) and DTD (admittedly, much better having the car for this. Or cab. $20 each way cheaper than $200 rental car)

BUT as you said, you probably would have to spill the beans early about the resort. If you do the ME, the resort is listed on the luggage tags (I think) and you wold need to get into the right line at the airport.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #130
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Your first day sounds great!

I totally agree about the POR royal rooms...I'm staying in one during my solo trip in April!

I love the fountain photo, so beautiful!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #131
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Yay for adding in breakfast at Cape May! We were supposed to go in 2010 but stayed at MK until 3am and obviously couldn't make it to breakfast!

When we go back in 2013, I'm making almost ALL of our ADRs for places we've never been. There may be one or two repeats just for the sake of convenience (or no where "new" that we want to try) but in 10 days, I think we can get in a lot of new experiences! I am SOOO looking forward to that trip! I'm excited about our upcoming July trip, but October 2013 is the one I'm most anxious for!

Your first day looks great! You should tell Brandon that you'll drive to the resort too so he can sleep a little more...and then you can save the surprise until you're actually AT the resort! Or, if you guys use a GPS...you can program in BC under CBR so that when he sets it, he thinks he's going to CBR but you'll end up at BC instead!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #132
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

great first day plans!

Looking forward to seeing the other plans to see if we'll run into each other at all!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #133
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

We had to pick just four restaurants for our May trip, too. It's a hard thing to do. I think you made great choices, although oddly, we settled on four completely different ones. Are you considering the Deluxe Dining Plan?

Tricky situation with the rental car...it'd would be too bad to get one you don't really need, but on the other hand, the surprise wouldn't work well otherwise. I suppose whenever you tell Brandon about the BC, it will be a surprise.

I love those POR Royal rooms, too. They look amazing!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #134
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

How keen is he on what the different ME luggage tags are? I don't know if maybe he wouldn't pay attention....or you could say "what? ugh, they made a mistake..." or something? Hmm, it really would be a shame to have to pay for the car if you didn't need it. That's just coming from me, though....and I can't keep a secret to save my life!

I think you have wonderful first day plans! We've found that heading to AK on a half day is perfect to get some time in there without feeling like you're missing out on anything.

You're going to LOVE CG. I've tried both the chocolate torte and the banana *thing*...which I can't remember the name of, but if it has bananas, and you like bananas, order it. It's heaven.

I can't believe your trip is so close!
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #135
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great plans! Is there any way maybe you could surprise Brandon with BC at the airport so you don't have to rent a car? It does seem a little unecessary to have a car when you're staying at BC. You could lead him toward the rental desks and then say--- surprise, we're getting on ME to go to the BC!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: